Pre-Game Talk: ECQF GAME 2 - Sat 8:12 PM - A game the Bruins HAVE to win - NBC, CBC, SN(4K), TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
@Paddington

You definitely need one of these now :)

516eQP624qL._SX466_.jpg

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Cant try and out play the Leafs speed and skill. Not going to work. Gotta check hard and often. Play heavy. Not sure why Cassidy tried to play into their style. Not how we beat them 3 times during the season.

I am note sure why also? When you get into a track meet against Toronto, you are not going to win many games. The Leafs are very susceptible to turnovers for the counter attack, and their D below the dots can be had 100%. Clog the neutral, make their D play below the dots, you will see a different game 2.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Playing physical to me is finishing checks and playing below the dots. Something the Leafs do not like to do. Their D is really susceptible to playing below the dots. Force them to play a game they are not equipped to play. The B's cycle is far superior a game than trying to match a up tempo freeway neutral zone game.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Backes is confirmed in for tonight. No word on who is out.

Debrusk "likely" to play.

Should be Nordstrom. Put Backes with Acciari and Wagner and grind away. If that 4th line isn't hemming in the Leafs D off the cycle, it's pretty much useless and it hasn't been as effective cycling the puck with Nordstrom taking the place of Kuraly.

The Garden

Oct 6, 2018
I don't think the Bruins have to win this game.

If the Bruins lose Game 2, Halak will certainly start Game 3. Of course it wasn't Tuukka's fault that we lost Game 1, but Halak has a history of really stepping up his game for the playoffs. And Rask has a history of failing at key times in the playoffs.

Is Halak the guy that will put this team over the top? Maybe not, but I just don't see us ever winning the Cup with Tuukka Rask as the starting goalie.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Should be Nordstrom. Put Backes with Acciari and Wagner and grind away. If that 4th line isn't hemming in the Leafs D off the cycle, it's pretty much useless and it hasn't been as effective cycling the puck with Nordstrom taking the place of Kuraly.
It's probably Kuhlman.

Move MoJo up with Krejci, and slot Backes on Coyle's RW with Heinen.

63 - 37 - 88
74 - 46 - 90
43 - 13 - 42
20 - 55 - 14

Reactions: sooshii

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Playing physical to me is finishing checks and playing below the dots. Something the Leafs do not like to do. Their D is really susceptible to playing below the dots. Force them to play a game they are not equipped to play. The B's cycle is far superior a game than trying to match a up tempo freeway neutral zone game.
Agree Bruins need to establish a cycle game ,other than the third line especially Coyle it was none existent,Leafs weakness is there D ,if Bruins don’t pressure them,and take advantage of them,they don’t win it’s as simple as that.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
I certainly wouldn't tempt fate but can you imagine if we did to the Leafs what the Flyers did to us? It would break them for eternity.

I want the next four wins though, just to be clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad