Pre-Game Talk: ECQF GAME 2 - Sat 8:12 PM - A game the Bruins HAVE to win - NBC, CBC, SN(4K), TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
backes will make a difference if Cassidy has a better game plan

if they play like they did on Thursday were ****ed regardless of who is on the ice
I don’t think Cassidy’s game plan was to play with less intensity and physicality - that came from the players on the ice and IMO was their undoing. Backes should certainly help in that regard.

Kazcram

May 13, 2012
Shakespeare Ontario
Cant try and out play the Leafs speed and skill. Not going to work. Gotta check hard and often. Play heavy. Not sure why Cassidy tried to play into their style. Not how we beat them 3 times during the season.
thats what i wondered as well why play to their strengths just play our game and make them adjust

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Not matching Toronto's speed and game again tonight is key. Don't play their game or they will slaughter us...

Bruins need that to cycle the puck, keep possession in the O-zone, wear the D the F*** down. Play heavy, hit, grind, forecheck and make them keep their heads up. Clog the neutral zone, eliminate their stretch passes. Make their star players pay the price everytime they touch the puck. Frustrate them enough to make mistakes. Capitalize on those mistakes, and crush their hearts on the power play. Toronto is mentally fragile when put under pressure. Take the wind out of their sails. If the Bruins play their game, they win this series. Go Bruins!
You nailed it .

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
These Rask hot takes are out to lunch.

An unmarked player tips one off the post which the goes to another unmarked player for goal one.

PS goal two on yet another boneheaded play on a PP.

Breakaway number 275 on the night for goal 3.

I get he’s had bad games in the past. But man alive. He’s the last guy I’d be pointing a finger at for the **** show clinic they put on Thursday night.
It's the same people who post about him every time and it becomes more and more obvious they only look at the score and end result.

The only goal you could even consider weak is the 3rd, but don't allow a breakaway in the first place because they are prime opportunities. They are essentially a game of rock paper scissors, Rask guessed rock and Nylander went paper.

Reactions: easton117

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
All this talk about speed is just so overblown. If Backes played Gm 1 it wouldn’t of made a difference because the game plan by Cassidy was plain stupid. Bruins are still a 1 line team and Cassidy left the neutral zone open and exchanged rushes with Toronto? Who has more skilled forwards. Just brilliant. But if he changes his approach, has more coverage in neutral zone, forces Leafs wide along the boards, Backes absolutely is a must for this game. He is a fit for that style of play. Look at the Blues, Maroon is slower than Backes but he’s had a great opening 2 games against Jets. Blues don’t run and gun, it’s all about discipline and wearing the other team out.

I hope you’re right

Reactions: Bluesguru

Paddington

Mar 8, 2011
Toronto
Btw where did all the Backes fans come from? He went from overpaid and too old to the Bruins secret weapon in one game?

It's playoff time. If fans can't flip flop at this time of year, when can we flip flop? Besides, the Bruins have lost every playoff game this year with Backes not in the lineup. :naughty:

Root

Feb 22, 2010
All this talk about speed is just so overblown. If Backes played Gm 1 it wouldn’t of made a difference because the game plan by Cassidy was plain stupid. Bruins are still a 1 line team and Cassidy left the neutral zone open and exchanged rushes with Toronto? Who has more skilled forwards. Just brilliant. But if he changes his approach, has more coverage in neutral zone, forces Leafs wide along the boards, Backes absolutely is a must for this game. He is a fit for that style of play. Look at the Blues, Maroon is slower than Backes but he’s had a great opening 2 games against Jets. Blues don’t run and gun, it’s all about discipline and wearing the other team out.

This is a great post. It's not all about speed. The leafs are faster, their forwards are more offensively talented. They're also one dimensional. You can make things tough for them, play a defensively responsible style and grind them out. Make them work for their zone entries instead of letting them fly through the neutral zone with speed. Tell the defense to stop getting caught up ice (looking at #47 & 48) and actually play defense.

Backes has obviously slowed down but he's still a defensively responsible player and can be a pain in the ass to play against. Put him with Coyle and Johansson/Heinen and that line will make things difficult for whoever they're up against. I'm so disappointed with Cassidy's game plan for game one. Let's hope he figured it out.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
This is a great post. It's not all about speed. The leafs are faster, their forwards are more offensively talented. They're also one dimensional. You can make things tough for them, play a defensively responsible style and grind them out. Make them work for their zone entries instead of letting them fly through the neutral zone with speed. Tell the defense to stop getting caught up ice (looking at #47 & 48) and actually play defense.

Backes has obviously slowed down but he's still a defensively responsible player and can be a pain in the ass to play against. Put him with Coyle and Johansson/Heinen and that line will make things difficult for whoever they're up against. I'm so disappointed with Cassidy's game plan for game one. Let's hope he figured it out.
You mean there was a game plan,I thought it was just go out there and skate around,and they didn’t even follow that,didn’t see much skating going on. Yeah you play to your strengths and to the other teams weaknesses.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Why is Rask starting Game 2? Did Cassidy just completely memory hole the horrendous performance he put on in Game 1, never mind how badly how he did against this Toronto team last year? Like Jesus Christ. I just hope this team can not be a bag of suck like they were in Game 1.

This take is hilarious. Did you even watch the game?

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
Backes could be the spark we need.

We aren't counting on him to play 15mins or score a goal...but he can have the same impact that S.Thornton did during our cup run.

He will do whatever it takes...if he played last game and was on the ice when Brown touched Tuukka...he wouldve responded.

BergyWho37

Only The Strong Will Survive (Never Give Up)
Jun 18, 2012
True North
I’m ready for a better performance tonight.

Bring some speed, finish your checks and quit coughing the puck up at there blueline they’re purposely attacking us for a mistake here specially on our PP.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Yes Backes will certainly help on the PK...:eek2:

Only way Backes works is D trap game. Anything like last game any line Backes is on will be exposed. You can't have Backes and Chara on the ice same time!

Backes and Coyle are a hell of a cycling tandem. Toronto defense will be worn down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad