Pre-Game Talk: ECQF GAME 2 - Sat 8:12 PM - A game the Bruins HAVE to win - NBC, CBC, SN(4K), TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
upload_2019-4-12_15-13-38.png

upload_2019-4-12_15-14-8.png

upload_2019-4-12_15-14-39.png

Paddington

Mar 8, 2011
Toronto
That's it. New GDT. Let's move on from the last one and focus on game 2. Any word on lineup changes yet? Regardless of who's in, I expect the Bruins to come out blazing in game 2. I'm also really curious to see if game 1 was the real version of the Toronto Maple Leafs or just a good game.

Last edited:

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
That's it. New GDT. Let's move in from the last one and focus on game 2. Any word on lineup changes yet? Regardless of who's in, I expect the Bruins to come out blazing in game 2. I'm also really curious to see if game 1 was the real version of the Toronto Maple Leafs or just a good game.

Toronto didn't win the game last night the Bruins lost it with just awful puck management.

The ice should be much better as it is still cool in Boston and there were no events at the Garden today.

I am concerned about the crowd tomorrow as it appears many STH's took the cash from Maple Leafs fans to help pay for future games. Luckily a lot of Toronto fans didn't buy tickets as there isn't a hotel room within 30 miles of Boston because of the Marathon.

Paddington

Mar 8, 2011
Toronto
Toronto didn't win the game last night the Bruins lost it with just awful puck management.

The ice should be much better as it is still cool in Boston and there were no events at the Garden today.

I am concerned about the crowd tomorrow as it appears many STH's took the cash from Maple Leafs fans to help pay for future games. Luckily a lot of Toronto fans didn't buy tickets as there isn't a hotel room within 30 miles of Boston because of the Marathon.

I think it was a little bit of both. While the Bruins left a ton to be desired, I thought the Leafs looked better than they have in the past 6 weeks or so. The 4th line in particular had a positive impact for them. They're usually a liability. The Leafs also surprised me with how much they pressured the Bruins puck carriers. That, combined with the Bruins seemingly being lost out there, made for a terrible game for all of us.

IntentionallyWide

The poster formerly known as gobruins14
Sponsor
Aug 9, 2006
I am concerned about the crowd tomorrow as it appears many STH's took the cash from Maple Leafs fans to help pay for future games.

It felt like a strange crowd to me last night - especially for a playoff game. There were a lot of empty seats at puck-drop that I could see from the balcony. The atmosphere just felt "off" to me. Hope it was just me or that it improves. My initial thought was that maybe the Bruins are starting to price people out.

Reactions: wintersej

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
I think it was a little bit of both. While the Bruins left a ton to be desired, I thought the Leafs looked better than they have in the past 6 weeks or so. The 4th line in particular had a positive impact for them. They're usually a liability. The Leafs also surprised me with how much they pressured the Bruins puck carriers. That, combined with the Bruins seemingly being lost out there, made for a terrible game for all of us.
Agree wasn’t all just Bruins bad,Leafs played a good game also.

Reactions: Paddington

RoccoF14

Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
3 things that need some fixing for Game 2:

Puck Management
Forward Line combos
Gotta handle Toronto's 2-man fore check better.

I'll give Babcock credit. We've struggled with a 2 man fore check all season, and he gave us a big dose of that in Game 1.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Toronto looked better than I expected and the Bruins looked worse.

Over the next game or so I anticipate that both teams will return more to their baseline. I think it will be a long series, but the Bruins should be able to pull it out if that happens.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Everything you did last night, don’t do it Saturday. Everything you didn’t do last night, do on Saturday.

I expect nothing less than the very best of the Bruins tomorrow. They know they done f***ed up. That won’t happen twice.

Reactions: BMC and Kate08

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010

I'm also hoping the marathon keeps some of them away.

From the STHs I've talked to, with the pretty significant increase in price between Rds 1 and 2, people who are looking to offset future ticket prices are holding out to sell for rd 2.

Reactions: Neely2005

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
That's it. New GDT. Let's move on from the last one and focus on game 2. Any word on lineup changes yet? Regardless of who's in, I expect the Bruins to come out blazing in game 2. I'm also really curious to see if game 1 was the real version of the Toronto Maple Leafs or just a good game.
Best game the Leafs played all year. I don't think they can maintain it.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Top 6 needs to be better 5v5, especially the Bergeron line.

Puck management, and neutral zone play also need to be better.

And FFS, figure out the stretch pass.

jangerhofer

Dec 22, 2018
New Hampshire
Echoing others, a clean page!

I wonder how much to read into Marchand's "we may have thought this would be easier than it was." Above all else, I hope to see more "compete" tomorrow.

Reactions: BMC

Paddington

Mar 8, 2011
Toronto
You really want to go to Toronto down 0-2?

Oh heck no. But maybe Cassidy will take them to Lake Placid before they get to Toronto :sarcasm:

Who knows, maybe they're bored of coming back against the Leafs in game 7s. Maybe they'll spot the Leafs a few games, then dash their hopes......as long as they don't wait until they're down 4 games to 1 to start the comeback :confused:

It's a must-win on Saturday or, at the very least, a you-better-friggin-win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad