GDT: ECQF Game 2 | Pittsburgh Penguins vs Philadelphia Flyers | 7PM | A Place in History?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Tonight is a simple game of "Will this be easy?" or "Will this be a difficult?" I think the Flyers are going to play their best game by far. Need Mur to be great again. Need a clean game. Do not give them anything. And G/Sid... go do what you did!

As for Boston - I think they are a terrific team, but I do not see them as an unbeatable team. I'm not trying to look at this w/ a homer view, but when I see Boston I see a solid team who can make a run just like a couple other teams, but are far from infallible.

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
I think this game will have a different feel to it. Philly is going to turn it up to 11 in every aspect of the game, mainly physical.

If the Pens can weather the storm and put a few up to put Philly in a multiple goal hole, they should be in good position to take a 2 games to none lead.

If they let the Flyers get under their skin and off their game, things could go south.

I hope Sully has the boys focused and disciplined because Philly is going to throw everything they have at them.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Tonight is a simple game of "Will this be easy?" or "Will this be a difficult?" I think the Flyers are going to play their best game by far. Need Mur to be great again. Need a clean game. Do not give them anything. And G/Sid... go do what you did!

I would like to see Crosby and Malkin play the top six to at least an even and see Brassard take over this game.

His assist Game 1 was insane. Him and Sheahan (or there lines) need to put up some goals this game at EV.

Sideline

May 23, 2004
Blame me for jinxing it if the Penguins lose, but my gut says they drop another 5 spot on the Flyers tonight. That D core is maybe 3 deep and the goaltending doesn't help.

Harvey Birdman

…Need some law books, with pictures this time…
Oct 21, 2008
Penguins Legal Office
I have a feeling tonight is the night Brassard comes out and has a big game. 3 points from him tonight. I still believe we win this game, but it’ll be a closer game. 3-4 or 3-5.

Reactions: pixiesfanyo

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Blame me for jinxing it if the Penguins lose, but my gut says they drop another 5 spot on the Flyers tonight. That D core is maybe 3 deep and the goaltending doesn't help.
My gut says low scoring 3-1 game. 2-1 until an EN for one team.

It really comes down to how the Flyers come out x's and o's. They should 100% sit back and trap a bit. I'll be shocked if they play the same way.

IF they play the same way - bets are off. They are dumb.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010

It really comes down to how the Flyers come out x's and o's. They should 100% sit back and trap a bit. I'll be shocked if they play the same way.

It might be a one goal game. But more likely 5-4.

Sideline

May 23, 2004

For all we rag on Philly they have some really sharp poster here on HF. When those guys tell me their coach isn't going to change anything I believe them.

They have the skill to score some goals, but they own brand of Bylsmagic isn't helping.

Reactions: Aerrol

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
I predict that Crosby does a triple axle and then does a soccer style round house kick move batting it in with his stick while upside down with a backhand before landing the flip.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
I see the series as a Pens putting pressure on the flyers in order to not have knock down drag out series game 7. If Pens can win in 5 they may have a advantage going into round 2 of as much as 4 days. This is a series the Pens can win in 5 and I suspect they will make every effort to do that. Year 3 of a cup run and I have to think the Pens are trying win each series a quickly as possible to limit the physical toll of long pounding series.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
I would be absolutely floored if Hakstol decides to ice the exact same lineup tonight. That would be a suicide mission. You have to think he is keeping the cards close to his vest on any changes he will make. It is the only thing that makes sense. They didn't just get beat in Game 1, they were schooled.

Tonight should be a much more difficult task. Could be in for some OT tonight, too.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I would be absolutely floored if Hakstol decides to ice the exact same lineup tonight. That would be a suicide mission. You have to think he is keeping the cards close to his vest on any changes he will make. It is the only thing that makes sense. They didn't just get beat in Game 1, they were schooled.

Tonight should be a much more difficult task. Could be in for some OT tonight, too.

I do think the right idea is Elliott, though. Give him one more game to hang his hat on. If it's bad, switch back home.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
1510293539297.jpg

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I do think the right idea is Elliott, though. Give him one more game to hang his hat on. If it's bad, switch back home.
I feel like in these situations a coach pretty much has to give the guy he chose two chances at it before making the switch. Otherwise I think the team is just going to feel like they are already in panic mode.

Reactions: ColePens

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I feel like in these situations a coach pretty much has to give the guy he chose two chances at it before making the switch. Otherwise I think the team is just going to feel like they are already in panic mode.

Definitely agree and I think Sunday's decision for the Caps will be so interesting. Will they panic already and go to Holtby?

Sideline

May 23, 2004
If you don't head over to the nearest coffee table and rap your knuckles on it, I'm going to track you down and make you.

Just for you I did. For whatever reason the playoff anticipation hasn't hit me yet. I'm kinda looking forward to it. By the end of last year I had a jersey, snack, and seat routine.

Reactions: billybudd

RSPens

May 25, 2015
Just so that I have it in writing somewhere. My prediction... Tonights game will be 5-2 Pens, Game 3 will be 3-1 Flyers, Game 4 5-2 Pens and I'll wait to predict Game 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad