GDT: ECQF Game 2 | Pittsburgh Penguins vs Philadelphia Flyers | 7PM | A Place in History?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
I contracted some sort of salt derived cancer from their GDT.

Strangely some feel Gudas hits on Crosby will save them.

I. I just..I don't even get it.

I'm going to avoid that wretched hive of scum and villainy. To think, I almost started feeling sorry for the franchise and fans.

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
Defense really showed up for the first game. Letang looked like he actually wanted to play defense. No brainfarts other than the failed clear turnover which should have been a goal. Thank you to the Flyers player for whiffing and Murray for the save.

PK it couldn’t have gone better so that’s why we shouldn’t expect to win every game 7-0. How does a team get 4 PP’s and have 0. ZEROOOOO. Scoring chances? The Flyers can’t be that bad ever again I’d assume. But we played well during those PP’s. Obviously would love a repeat but variance says that the Flyers will eventually get their heads out of their asses on their PP, eventually.

Long post because I won’t be around for the weekend to throw people under the bus or celebrate in more wins.

But simply put, if our D and PK show up like they did Wednesday night, the Penguins have the offense to beat every team in the NHL in a 7 game series. End of discussion.

P.S. when was the last time we blocked 24 shots? Outrageous and amazing effort by all our Dmen.

Reactions: pixiesfanyo

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Hmm..I recall a bunch of defensive lapses sprinkled in there. Murray and some luck helped.

The PK was good but Philly PP isn't very dynamic.

Forwards also still kinda left D out to dry at times.

Overall, better than most games this year. But it wasn't some come to Jesus moment, they could have been exposed for a few goals early and late. They just weren't, and took the wind outta Flyers sails as a result.

**** Boston. I’m so tired of hearing how good they are.

Even when they aren't good...Boston is annoying as a team and region lol.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
I love the fact that Crosby played about 5 minutes less than his season avg last game.

Lets wear em out and get game 2 under our belts then all we need is a split in Philadelphia and this thing is over.

Malkin as well.

Sully REALLY trusts his bottom six and is giving them big ice time. It should pay dividends in a long series or if they go far in the playoffs.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Since I won't get a chance to post much in this thread...

This one is for good luck.

ECvFABU.png

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
Anyone else notice Sully goes to the 4th line immediately after a goal is scored?
Thoughts on his approach with this?

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Anyone else notice Sully goes to the 4th line immediately after a goal is scored?
Thoughts on his approach with this?

Yeah, he’s put them out after various goals for and against all season. I think he did something similar with Cullen before. It’s fine when it’s not a shitty 4th line but incredibly frustrating when he was sending out multiple 13F types.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
I have decided that tonight, I am going to get smashed whilst watching hockey :cheers:

I was going to have a few beers but I’ve had a strong headache for 2 days. Watermelon generally helps my headache but not today :(

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa
I have a soccer game at 9pm, so if the Pens could have this essentially locked up halfway through the third, that would be great.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Tonight will be telling. If the boys can come up with the same kind of effort (not expecting another 7 goal blow out) tonight, I'll be happy.

This is a golden opportunity to put a stranglehold on the series.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I mean they are really good, it’s the one team I fear.

They have the best line in the nhl, a goalie that can shut us down, and big Chara on the backend.

Meh. They hack, hook, and take dirty hits every chance they get and then act like they got shot when someone does the same to them. The amount of ticky tacky retribution calls they get on them is such BS.

If the NHL called a normal game against the Bruins, these Penguins would light them up on the playoffs.

Krug is a liability. I’ve hated Backes forever and Marchand is the biggest idiot in the league. Refs let him lick a player last night. If that was Burrows we would hear about how classless he is for years.

Also, Boston did not decimate the Leafs last night. Bruins got lucky calls and converted.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
I've lived too close to Philly and dealt with Flyers/Eagles fans for my entire life to ever feel pity for that city's sports fans. Absolutely painting with a broad brush here and I know it's not everyone, but by and large, it's a population completely chock full of disgusting, diarrhea people. :laugh: Just absolute trash humans. Violent, obnoxious, aggressive, vile sports fans--with such a fragile masculinity that they have, for decades, chosen to forsake winning if it means getting their pound of flesh. They'd rather desperately feign toughness than win.

Reactions: EightyOne
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad