GDT: ECQF | Game 2 | 5/3 | Ottawa @ Montreal | 7:00 PM ET | RDS, CBC, CNBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Can someone actually shoop that? Would be amazing not only cuz of Viggo, but cuz Eller is definitely an inhabitant of Middle Earth (although hailing more from Gondor, Rohan or Rivendell, warrior that he is. He even has a Tolkien-sounding name).

Not that we don't have our fair share of Shire natives.

He's definitely an Elf. Gallagher's a hobbit. Galchenyuk is from Rohan but was raised in Gondor.

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
This has obviously been posted a bazillion times, but just to remind everyone that anything can happen and we can turn this around. Not in any way saying the two teams are equal or whatever, that's not the point. The point is to remember that this is the Habs and to keep believing, even when our star goalie has a rough game to start the playoffs. (Most relevant part obviously at the start.)

Just to add to that, people should take a peek at this:

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=0&id=240759&cmpid=embed-share-video

0:37 is somewhat relevant.

My point here is that anything is possible and while now Price is being crucified (perhaps fairly), we should be hoping for a turnaround rather than (it's been enough time to cool down) almost hoping Price sucks his way out of town. I'm still trying to figure out how the hell we can do this without Eller, but I look to Galchenyuk. I look to guys like Pacioretty and Ryder who did nothing. I look to Gio who honestly did have playoff intensity if perhaps not the best finish (although the disallowed goal was bs). Plekanec needs to find a way to get that line going to take the pressure off Chucky. Halpern has to come in and do yeoman's work defensively and on the forecheck. I have a feeling Gally is only going to get better as the series goes on and let's just take the time to realize he scored in his first playoff game. And that SHOULD have been the GWG.

Need some positivity, if only to help build each other back up, the way the team is probably doing. I was 9 for the 93 Cup so my appreciation and evaluation of the games was nothing like it is for the adult me, I just remember a lot of jubilant moments. Maybe the 35 and older crowd might be able to shed light on the mood after the losses to the Nords.

Also, we've got Ryder. Glove save in game 4 is gonna turn this whole thing around. Thomas wasn't exactly a wall in 2011 in gm 1 and 2, but then turned it on big time.

Positivity for Price: This might just be the script fate drew up. I really hope the fans let him breathe.
Positivity for Eller: Maybe, just maybe we have a #27 rookie sensation start to become the leader and clutch player he is destined to be.
Positivity for Diaz: He won't have a worse game than that.

Positivity in general: Holy crap Subban and Gallagher. WOW. I'm sure Saku would be proud of the guy wearing his number. (on a night when they both score.) Subban is ridiculous. Rest of the team needs to keep up with his intensity.

Last edited:

PricePkPatch*

They have to hit ths ground running and keep pressure all game tonight. Yesterday proved we can't rely on a fantastic 30 minutes of play.

Diaz and Gorges need to step up

Apr 28, 2010
Like Healy said, make life miserable for karlsson. Cant run away from the guy and we have to hit him all the time. And alfredsson too.

And hopefully, MT will break the pleks-gio duo. Gio is just killing most plays and i could tell pleks isnt happy anymore. Look at him when Gally scored, he jumped on them to celebrate..

Ive never seen him jump before! He was obviously happy he finally gets to play with someone like Gally.

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
Like Healy said, make life miserable for karlsson. Cant run away from the guy and we have to hit him all the time. And alfredsson too.

And hopefully, MT will break the pleks-gio duo. Gio is just killing most plays and i could tell pleks isnt happy anymore. Look at him when Gally scored, he jumped on them to celebrate..

Ive never seen him jump before! He was obviously happy he finally gets to play with someone like Gally.

Not that I think he minds playing with Gio, although I'm sure he's not impressed with that turtle on his left wing, but you're right, Pleks makes quick plays and likes to have someone be able to finish. Gally is great for EVERY line. Really interested to see what MT does. Also, Ryder, come on man, snipe FFS. I have a hard time believing he scored all those goals (most in Dallas, of course). From what I remember, the old Ryder was mobile to the point where he could skate with the puck and wrist it. Now he has to be positioned in the right spot to have any chance whatsoever. Why did he have to play well for the bruins then go back to coasting with us?

Loving Bourque's attack and finally his hands. That was a dirty backhand.

Have not slept. Still mad as hell. Want revenge, want it soon. (In the form of a big win and a solid game from CP.)

optimus2861

Aug 29, 2005
Bedford NS
Maybe the 35 and older crowd might be able to shed light on the mood after the losses to the Nords.
We looked like we were dead. Then game 3 went into overtime. The Habs were on the razor's edge of going down 0-3 and then likely an ugly sweep. IIRC (can't find YT highlights) the Habs had a goal wavied off in OT before they scored on a lucky bounce (went off the skate of a Nordiques defenceman). Those couple of minutes after the waived-off goal were pretty bleak. Kind of a "This just isn't in the cards for us" feeling. The rest, of course, is history.

Unfortunately that's not the series that came to mind last night as I was watching; it was the 2008 Flyers series, where the Habs were consistently bombing the Flyers in shots and scoring opportunities but couldn't buy a goal, then the Flyers would come down the ice and pop one with no effort. We lost that one in five games and didn't deserve to do so.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Ok so I personally think they biggest change is that the Habs cannot layup on Karlsson. I'm not saying kill the guy but I am saying to finish any and all checks on him. Make him feel uncomfortable out there, the more he becomes worried about where the next check is going to come from the more chance the team has to get him off his game.

As for Anderson, they have to just keep shooting but get bodies in front of him as much as possible. I don't think the Habs played a bad game overall but there are a couple of things they need to do better if they are going to win this series.

phoque taupe

May 15, 2010
Montréal
Unfortunately that's not the series that came to mind last night as I was watching; it was the 2008 Flyers series, where the Habs were consistently bombing the Flyers in shots and scoring opportunities but couldn't buy a goal, then the Flyers would come down the ice and pop one with no effort. We lost that one in five games and didn't deserve to do so.

omg that series
awful

I'm sure this team can tie before going to OTT, but some players will have to show up and play to their potential.

Win this one for L'harceleur!!

CHarlie

They feed me CHicken
Feb 3, 2012
Ontario
Well this is Carey Prices chance to show the hockey world who he really is.
He has to be more mentally prepared for tonights game than any other in his career.

If he doesnt he loses his spot to Budaj in Ottawa.....Period.

Come on Carey I know you got it in you...........Lets see it!

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Price will needs to get his mental state ready. And Habs just can't give up after giving up goals. So many things to do in such a short period of time....

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Price will needs to get his mental state ready. And Habs just can't give up after giving up goals. So many things to do in such a short period of time....

Where's the Price from the last two years who could wink after a big save? Chuckle? Pose like Usain Bolt?

The competitive fire is gone from this guy right now. If they counted the 4th goal last night and I was in net? I'd be out of my net so fast and in the refs face. Unacceptable to just lie there and take it like that.

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009
1. Price needs to be better.

2.Defense needs to do a better job clearing the net and making sure there isn't too much traffic. Help out with rebounds too.

3. Habs need to CREATE traffic in front of Anderson. 50 shots is nice, but I'd prefer 30 shots and the majority of them have traffic in front of the net.

4. Desharnais needs to win his friggin' battles in the corners.

5. Therrien. Post that front page of the Ottawa Sun on the bulletin board.

I am fired up, but hockey wasn't the first thing on my mind when I woke up this morning. As a husband and father, it bothers me to see a young guy like Eller waking up in a hospital room while his wife and child are worried sick about him. Kind of takes away the excitement of playoff hockey, for me at least anyway.

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011

We do not have the players to do this. We are a very soft team. Gallagher is the only guy that gets in front of the goalie. Too many players don't want to get their noses dirty. Soft, perimeter team. I hate the way they play.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
We do not have the players to do this. We are a very soft team. Gallagher is the only guy that gets in front of the goalie. Too many players don't want to get their noses dirty. Soft, perimeter team. I hate the way they play.

Desharnais disgusts me more than anyone. Watching him get pushed around all night made my blood boil. An absolute disgrace.

idk

Jan 11, 2012
He's definitely an Elf. Gallagher's a hobbit. Galchenyuk is from Rohan but was raised in Gondor.

Eller's too short to be an elf (who were much taller than men). More likely he's a Gondorian, perhaps from Dol Amroth. Tinordi is the closest we have to an Elf - he's either a Gondorian who is strong with the blood of Numenor or possibly a Ranger. Galchenyuk is closer to a Gondorian raised in Rohan (Gondor has strong Teutonic/Eastern influence, while Rohan is vaguely Ango-Saxon). Rumour is though, that he is actually only masquerading as a Man of Rohan, and he's actually a Maia from across the seas. Gionta and Desharnais are both shire folk, as is Gallagher (who is a Took if ever there was one). Boullion is a dwarf, probably from Erebor.

Em Ancien

Sexy 2nd Rounder
Mar 12, 2008
Mount Real Life
Hopefully most players that didn't get to show their worth show up tonight and lead us to a win. Not much time to grieve on last night's game.

HotPie

Dec 3, 2007
If the Habs aren't firing off on all cylinders tonight, especially after what happened to Eller, I'm done with these playoffs.

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
Anderson stole one for Sens, Price has to respond in kind tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad