gdt4ottawapart6.jpg

gdt4ottawapart7.jpg
gdt4ottawapart8.jpg

⇓⇓⇓ For lineups see post below ⇓⇓⇓

Last edited:

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
Galchenyuk has big shoes to fill with Eller's absence. Is he ready?

I think he is. He was flying out there. If used correctly (with Prust and Gally I imagine), they'll be good to go.

Who makes up for Eller's defensive game though? That's why I think Halpern has to be in, which is tough cuz White played awesome. Maybe move Moen out and White to wing?

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
I think he is. He was flying out there. If used correctly (with Prust and Gally I imagine), they'll be good to go.

Who makes up for Eller's defensive game though? That's why I think Halpern has to be in, which is tough cuz White played awesome. Maybe move Moen out and White to wing?

This is my biggest concern. I'm not comfortable with DD and Galchenyuk down the middle, two centres who can't handle the defensive burden. If Halpern is there to shoulder that burden, it means less icetime to either Galchenyuk or Desharnais and my guess that it's the former that will have their ice time removed.

Does Halpern have enough left in the tank to take up the defensive responsibility in the playoffs?

Personally I want to see White and Armstrong in. Moen-Halpern-Armstrong...hoping they can play a similar role to Pyatt-Moore-Lapierre in 09-10...though the latter line was far superior. Having a shutdown line in the playoffs is absolutely key. Can't dump all the defensive load on Plekanec.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
This is my biggest concern. I'm not comfortable with DD and Galchenyuk down the middle, two centres who can't handle the defensive burden. If Halpern is there to shoulder that burden, it means less icetime to either Galchenyuk or Desharnais and my guess that it's the former that will have their ice time removed.

Does Halpern have enough left in the tank to take up the defensive responsibility in the playoffs?

I trust Halpern on the 4th line and penalty kill. But giving him more than 10 or so minutes will probably kill his usefulness.

I say it without hyperbole the only two players who it would have been as bad or worse to lose for this matchup would have been Subban and Plekanec. And Eller has been better than Plekanec lately.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
I trust Halpern on the 4th line and penalty kill. But giving him more than 10 or so minutes will probably kill his usefulness.

I say it without hyperbole the only two players who it would have been as bad or worse to lose for this matchup would have been Subban and Plekanec. And Eller has been better than Plekanec lately.

I agree completely. Losing Eller was biggest fear. He's built for this type of game and he was getting his game together this season. I think he's the most underrated hab and I think his absence will demonstrate just how important he was this season. Unfortunately, I don't want that to happen.

I'm just hoping Galchenyuk explodes.

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
As mentioned, the loss of Eller makes the people who were perhaps on the fence about him recognize what a great player we have and how we is going to help us win a Cup.

Similarly (although Tinner has helped make us forget), I think (though a lot of people disagree) that Emelin is one hell of a defenceman. I really think he's got all the tools and I hate seeing him in trade proposals.

I'm focused on the present, but conscious of our very bright future.

void

Jan 5, 2006
Great GDT Moroccan! ;)

I'm super bummed out right now and not because we lost Game 1... I just keep replaying that whole Eller sequence... So sad. Imagine how his wife felt seeing that? ****.

2m5cg1u.jpg

Poulet Kostopoulos

Oct 23, 2009
How pathetic is it that Latendresse drove the net more than most players on you team.`

It has always been a problem with the Habs.

Gallagher drives the net. That's why he's been playing so much in Game 1. Prust can do it but he has been playing on the 4th line. Galchenyuk, sometimes does it. MaxPac doesn't do it, neither does Moen, nor Bourque and White is on a short leash. And of course never mind DD and Plek. Gionta is too slow now and is constantly behind the play.

I think when you dearly need a goal, MT should put Prust on the Gallys line.

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
Great GDT Moroccan! ;)

I'm super bummed out right now and not because we lost Game 1... I just keep replaying that whole Eller sequence... So sad. Imagine how his wife felt seeing that? ****.

2m5cg1u.jpg

Wow, that is an amazing image. It's his daughter, I assume?

This is when you realize that hockey isn't everything for these guys.

Best of luck to Lars Eller. I wish him a speedy and full recovery.

PuckNorris

Mar 11, 2008
Montreal
If we put together a similar effort, we should win. We just need to be ready to pounce on the rebounds that Anderson will no doubt give. My only concerns are Price's performance and how we deal with the loss of Eller. Price can't give up goals like the Silferberg one every game.

68*

That hit made me lose interest in the playoffs. I didn't even cheer after the Gallagher goal. **** it.

Figaro95*

I really hope that hit, along with the sun's front page opens a pandoras box for those "pesky sens"

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
That hit made me lose interest in the playoffs. I didn't even cheer after the Gallagher goal. **** it.

That's exactly how I felt, although once they tied it, I was like "At least fkin win it for Lars" and then I just started to rage.

Now I want to absolutely paste those dikbags. Habs have to dig deep, but this series is soooo far from being over. I want to win this series for that one hit. I don't care if he made body contact. I wanna send them packing. Only downside to that is to face a very tough opponent in the next round sans Eller. Must win though. Therrien needs to get everyone on that page, that losing is unacceptable and from what I can tell, he is doing a good job of it. I expect a big statement game tonight.

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
tumblr_llqj4gpwDo1qbend9o1_500.gif

Except replace Frodo with Eller of course.

Can someone actually shoop that? Would be amazing not only cuz of Viggo, but cuz Eller is definitely an inhabitant of Middle Earth (although hailing more from Gondor, Rohan or Rivendell, warrior that he is. He even has a Tolkien-sounding name).

Not that we don't have our fair share of Shire natives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->