GDT: ECQF Game #1; Toronto Maple Leafs @ Boston Bruins | Series Tied 0-0 | 7PM CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
No Ri. Nash, no Donato. This is the best chance we'll get to go up 1-0 in the series. Looking for a tight game, with a lot of body contact on Bergy, Marchand & Pasta. Lets get them out of their comfort zone.

Looking for Bozak's line to outplay Heinen - Acciari - Backes as well as Kadri's line to outplay DeBrusk - Krejci - Nash.

Just Rude

"I'm listening to the *** song!!!"
Oct 15, 2005
Like I said in the main boards GDT, if Cassidy puts Bergeron against the Matthews line in Boston, that really opens up things for the second and third lines. Marner is going to have a lot of space, and we all know how JVR has been producing.

willmma

Jan 5, 2017
5187419-ready.jpg

IBeL34f

Lilly-grin
Jun 3, 2010
Toronto
No Ri. Nash, no Donato. This is the best chance we'll get to go up 1-0 in the series. Looking for a tight game, with a lot of body contact on Bergy, Marchand & Pasta. Lets get them out of their comfort zone.

Looking for Bozak's line to outplay Heinen - Acciari - Backes as well as Kadri's line to outplay DeBrusk - Krejci - Nash.
They still have the one.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Yeah...i've noticed since the playoffs thread opened up for the series (not GDT) on the mainboards, not many Bruins fans are talking other than the regulars like BruinsLVGA, PB37, Alicat, TSBruins13; who have also now pretty much disappeared as well. Could be for a number of reasons that you mentioned - personally I don't really care where they want to discuss but would be cool if both fanbases could take part in the same GDT - makes it more entertaining, but on the flipside could also result in moderators being overwhelmed with having to police everything and then not be able to enjoy the game which sucks too.
i get what you're saying, but I'll never complain about a lack of Bruins fans

Just Rude

"I'm listening to the *** song!!!"
Oct 15, 2005
I also think Kadri is going to be ramped up and try to lower the boom on someone and really turn up the heat in this series, very quickly. And I fully expect Marchand to do something Marchand.

Not necessarily in that order.

Reactions: kesleaf

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Like I said in the main boards GDT, if Cassidy puts Bergeron against the Matthews line in Boston, that really opens up things for the second and third lines. Marner is going to have a lot of space, and we all know how JVR has been producing.
Bergeron is definitely going up against Matthews. But I heard Boston was gonna play the Bergeron line and the Chara-McAvoy pairing seperately

Reactions: Liminality

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
I don't see how the Bergeron line doesn't cover the Matthews line. The Matthews line would feast on any other line at even strength.
That's why at home I think Babcock tries to put Kadri's line to Bergeron's line and gives Matthews line a bit of breathing space to do their thing against Krejci.

Bergeron is definitely going up against Matthews. But I heard Boston was gonna play the Bergeron line and the Chara-McAvoy pairing seperately

That makes the most sense. That's one way to spread out their defense and to try to stop another line other than Matthews.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
There's only one thing I needed to watch before this series kicked off and this video was it. Just a good reminder in general for the Leafs to jump on this opportunity. They are in the playoffs and feeling good. Let's grab onto this chance and win Game 1.
[/QUOTE]

slozo

Aug 28, 2011
Newmarket, ON
Let's go boys, get 'er done!

...and yes, that's definitely Sergei "lone rush" Berezin there. I'd recognise that tucked in jersey anywhere, ha ha.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I'm expecting a loss tonight, hopefully they keep it close.
Win Saturday and back home tied 1 - 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad