GDT: ECQF Game #1; Toronto Maple Leafs @ Boston Bruins | Series Tied 0-0 | 7PM CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

NiftyMits

Mar 24, 2018
i'm confident for the buds but I'm scared for them getting injuries. After seeing the 3 games from last night there was 10x the amount of hits than we are used to seeing in the regular season. Hopefully our guys are ready to meet one of the most physical teams in the league

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Kadri Line will be the main matchup against the Bergeron line.

But the fact we can put Plekanec out there if needed is big as well
I could see Plekanec taking Marners spot at certain times.

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
Can you imagine a poster getting away with posts like this on the Boston board?

They basically have a "No Trespassing" warning in their threads. :laugh:

Yeah I made the mistake of going over there just to check things out. A few of them indicated they don't even want any form of dicsussion with Leaf fans. I can understand if someone is being a jerk, but friendly discussions? Oh well...

Reactions: The Man with a Plan

MapleLeafistan

Oct 5, 2017
Victoria, BC
Hope the Leafs win, but don't be surprised if they lose game 1. I can see them winning game 2 and then winning 3 and 4 at home. If that happens, the Leafs have the series wrapped up as far as I'm concerned.

JadedLeaf

Nov 14, 2007
Saskatchewan
I went to the bathroom at 3am this morning and started thinking about the game and couldn't get back to sleep. I am wired awake ready for tonight's game. I really want to see them come out of game 1 with a win just for my own sanity. Not sure I'll be able to wait to day in between games if we end up being down a game.

tom leafers

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
Can you imagine a poster getting away with posts like this on the Boston board?

They basically have a "No Trespassing" warning in their threads. :laugh:

I commented in their playoff discussion board simply asking if its worth it to buy tickets to the saturday game if their nosebleeds. 3 people told me to stay home, and only 1 person actually offered any good advice. Not to friendly of a group over there lol

Ryan Michaels

Mar 21, 2017
Just dropping in so I can put it on the record that Leafs are going to win this series. It has nothing to do with avenging 2013, this is a totally different team who doesn't give a damn about that. They're going to win the series, and I think they should be favorites, Boston's toughness(some of you guys seem to think they still employ Luicic, Horton, Boychuck, Thorton) and experience are being overrated(Tampa has more recent playoff success and more players with experience but everyone was chomping at the bit to play them). The Bruins top line is the odds on favorite to be the best in the series but Matthews will not get dominated by him night in, night out like some are afraid of he should be able to break even and will likely win a couple of games of the matchup and has a chance to win the majority, he might lose the matchup but it will hardly be a series ending blowout.

After that we put our "spreading out the talent" philosophy to the test where we should handle them, they have more of an influx of young depth talent than in the best but our guys are the veterans compared to most of them for what its worth and Marner, Kadri, and JVR need to step up and be the best forwards after the first line. Defense is always questioned but Boston's is far from Nashville, I think Leafs are pretty close to the Bruins Rielly is the best dman in the series for my money, Chara has slowed down by playoffs a couple of times we'll see how he does and how he handles the Leafs speed, Gardiner played like a 1D last year here's hoping he brings it again, Zaistev well he pretty much sucks I hope he's a bit better but if he's not...don't be surprised to see more minutes for Dermott.

Positive posters on this board insist the Leafs have been coasting most of the season on autopilot, not trying in meaningless games. And they have looked pretty anemic at times. But if we believe they're saving an extra gear(and we've obviously seen this team put their foot on the gas pedal) then I hope that's been for a reason because Boston's been going full throttle for a while so if there is anything(anything at all) to this theory of handling the grind of 82 games(see also: handling of Matthews ice team) this should be where it pays dividends. On a related note to this Babcock is considered the best coach in hockey by many and I think he has the more talented roster here, at worst its incredibly close, so one would imagine this gives us some kind of advantage.

TL/DR: Leafs will win, and are not underdogs.

Reactions: The Cobra

Deebo

Jan 28, 2005
Toronto
Can you just continue not posting? It's pretty bad when you can go the whole season without posting but I still recognize the username from the amount of crap posts you've made. I got tired of going through your post history to try and find ONE redeeming post in that whole pile of crap and couldn't find anything. That's seriously impressive.

It's called "trolling" and people do it for reactions like this and attention.

Best to ignore him and move on, he likely doesn't believe what he is posting.

Reactions: The Man with a Plan

tom leafers

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
dOg4sas.gif

I forget who posted this in a separate thread, i just love it too much

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
Yeah I made the mistake of going over there just to check things out. A few of them indicated they don't even want any form of dicsussion with Leaf fans. I can understand if someone is being a jerk, but friendly discussions? Oh well...
Too many of our folks ruin it for the rest of the fanbase. Tons of Leaf fans drop in to argue/troll/be smug on other boards. No surprise that other teams would rather just not have the bother.

Cleetus

"snot"
Jan 2, 2012
North!
just watched a video on sportsnet, and Jack Edwards the ultimate homer bruins announcer for NESN is picking the leafs :huh:

Discordia

Nov 1, 2017
A team as badly coach as ours is - I mean look at the lineups our rent-a-cop coach puts out - there is no way we win a single game. They are better everywhere - top and bottom - and doubly so in net.

You can't win when you have to play over your head to stand a chance and your coach is out there handicapping you.

I mean - I expect at least once during this series we see Komarov on the topline, Hyman on the PP, and AJ scratched.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
A team as badly coach as ours is - I mean look at the lineups our rent-a-cop coach puts out - there is no way we win a single game. They are better everywhere - top and bottom - and doubly so in net.

You can't win when you have to play over your head to stand a chance and your coach is out there handicapping you.

I mean - I expect at least once during this series we see Komarov on the topline, Hyman on the PP, and AJ scratched.
:laugh: :clap:

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
just watched a video on sportsnet, and Jack Edwards the ultimate homer bruins announcer for NESN is picking the leafs :huh:
Edwards love us. Seriously, I've caught Bruins games against other teams where he spontaneously starts to gush over our youngsters.

The thing with Edwards is that his homerism comes out when he gets emotional. In normal situations he's an excitable guy with a lot of love for hockey, but when it starts to get emotional he bleeds black and gold.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Haven’t been scared and excited at the same time at this level since I asked a girl out in prom.

called in sick - check

Beers bought - check

Day planned till 7pm - check

Night planned out post game - check

Leafs Rule!!!

:yo:

So we can expect about 800 posts from you today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad