Post-Game Talk: ECQF GAME 1 - For the FIRST time since March 10th - FREE BEER!!! - B's 4 Whalercanes 3 F/2OT

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Hell, he's good for one giveaway or cough up at the blue line per PP. It's so bad. shudder every time he rotates out to the point.

Pasta should never be on the point in PPs. I know they don't want it to get too predictable, but he's very little threat up there, and a massive liability as he doesn't handle the puck well enough and isn't a strong enough skater or defender to recover any turnovers. It needs to stop.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Pasta should never be on the point in PPs. I know they don't want it to get too predictable, but he's very little threat up there, and a massive liability as he doesn't handle the puck well enough and isn't a strong enough skater or defender to recover any turnovers. It needs to stop.

My brother is a real estate lawyer, he got in his car after a closing and only heard the aftermath of the goal. He called me and screamed "Which one of those knuckleheads coughed up the puck, Pasta or Marchand?" When it's that predictable, Cassidy should have another D-man on the PP.

xjoeyc23x

Apr 1, 2015
Thought the third line shined today. Coyle is just a monster on the boards and Bjork's motor was really going today. Would love Ritchie to start playing the body more and using his size on the boards under the goal line. Line would be really tough to match up against.

Reactions: BMC and Gordoff

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
The one thing that concerns me with this game was some of the goals given up by Tuukka. I hope that he is able to tighten that down. If we have to switch to Halak, I am not as confident as I was last year it would be no big deal after some of the struggles Jaro had with Columbus. Granted that was an exhibition game, but still.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Honestly, I think I go the Cassidy route with this one, it just comes with the territory. The reason this PP has been so great is because the players have the freedom to play aggressive and use their skill and creativity. That's going to happen every once in a while, you just hope your goalie bails you out.

19/20 per 60 PP stats:

xNaG5C0.jpg

18/19 per 60 PP stats:

ReJC64r.jpg

Reactions: wintersej

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
I understand the Berube comparisons, but see it a little differently. The Blues were the tougher/dirtier team, and the Bruins' PP was clicking on all cylinders. A recipe for a short series if called by the rulebook.

Berube's whining to the refs did change how the remainder of the series was called. In doing that it allowed the Blues to 'play their game,' while minimizing the only real antidote the B's had for the Blues' nastiness - the PP.

The Canes aren't overly physical and the B's PP isn't clicking yet. I know there is gamesmanship in the coach's pressers, so we'll see if Rod's whining has any effect as the series progresses.

NeelyOrr

Dec 23, 2018
Central NY
Have watched all the PO games so far and the team to fear the most in beating to win the Cup is Colorado.
They're big and they're fast. Hopefully, for the BRUINS' sake, some team in the West will pull an upset and eliminate the Avalanche from the PO's.

Last edited:
Reactions: BMC and sooshii

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
I understand the Berube comparisons, but see it a little differently. The Blues were the tougher/dirtier team, and the Bruins' PP was clicking on all cylinders. A recipe for a short series if called by the rulebook.

Berube's whining to the refs did change how the remainder of the series was called. In doing that it allowed the Blues to 'play their game,' while minimizing the only real antidote the B's had for the Blues' nastiness - the PP.

The Canes aren't overly physical and the B's PP isn't clicking yet. I know there is gamesmanship in the coach's pressers, so we'll see if Rod's whining has any effect as the series progresses.

The penalty minutes were comparable, they scored shorthanded on our PP from the goal he is whining about...it makes no sense. If the goal was overturned, they wouldn't have scored that goal. Sour grapes from a whiny coach.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA

He's an idiot. He f***ed up in challenging the wrong thing and that's on him. What does he do? Bitch to the media to deflect from his error and deflect from his team being dominated.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I remember the Canes being babies last year when we beat them down, but I don't remember Brind'Amour being such a little bitch

He's panhandling to the refs by calling them out. Happens in almost every playoff series. I think the line of reasoning is, if the coach can make the refs look like they screwed one team over, the next set of refs might be more lenient in their favor in the next game.

Reactions: BMC and Ladyfan

jangerhofer

Dec 22, 2018
New Hampshire
Bjork was not far ahead of him.

What is your knock on Bjork? He didn't drive or generate much, but I thought that he was getting to the right areas (main instance was that Coyle centering feed from below the goal line to Mrazek's left that Bjork didn't expect), played with energy, and looked like he fit in on a possession-centric grinding line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad