Post-Game Talk: ECQF GAME 1 - For the FIRST time since March 10th - FREE BEER!!! - B's 4 Whalercanes 3 F/2OT

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Either Wagner or Nordstrom imo, I think Kuraly is kind of the engine of that line and I don't see who else would play 4C. Nordstrom did make two nice plays but those desperation defensive plays are only necessary because they were getting hemmed in their own zone. Ideally that's a line you hope to see at least hem the other opponents lines in with good forechecking and cycling, today they were chasing the play too often. I think that's why perhaps someone like Kuhlman is a good option to try. He's fast and works really hard, he just doesn't really have the hands to play in the top 9.

Cassidy and he would never consider it. Ritchie is struggling on the team, put Kuhlman in for him. Nordy had 5 shot blocks and 3 big hits and was excellent on the PK.

Last edited:

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
Had it been reviewed I think the goal would not have counted because the goalie had it long enough

That was my initial impression, tbh. It looked like he had it covered, and if it had been Rask, I would have been furious over that goal. But the more replays I saw, I noticed, especially from the reverse angle, that Bjork's stick (with white tape on the blade, so it's harder to see) is there at about the same time Mrazek's glove tries to smother it. So, rather than a complaint based on Bjork whacking a "covered" puck loose, I think Bjork had as much of a right to make a play with the puck as Mrazek did – they got to it at the same time – and Bjork was able to make the play, while Mrazek wasn't. I think that's what the ref saw.

Reactions: Maine Fan

Bruinator

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Toronto
Had it been reviewed I think the goal would not have counted because the goalie had it long enough
Again determining whether or not the goaltender had covered the puck long enough is not a reviewable play so no the goal would not have been called back. There is no standard for how long you have to cover a puck up to get a whistle . Even if there was he never had it covered for more than a 1/2 second.

Bruinator

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Toronto
That was my initial impression, tbh. It looked like he had it covered, and if it had been Rask, I would have been furious over that goal. But the more replays I saw, I noticed, especially from the reverse angle, that Bjork's stick (with white tape on the blade, so it's harder to see) is there at about the same time Mrazek's glove tries to smother it. So, rather than a complaint based on Bjork whacking a "covered" puck loose, I think Bjork had as much of a right to make a play with the puck as Mrazek did – they got to it at the same time – and Bjork was able to make the play, while Mrazek wasn't. I think that's what the ref saw.
No question. Had Bjork been half a second sooner and touched the puck before mrazek the play would have been called no goal for hand pass

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ

Do ties go to the runner in this case, Bjork?

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
Again determining whether or not the goaltender had covered the puck long enough is not a reviewable play so no the goal would not have been called back. There is no standard for how long you have to cover a puck up to get a whistle . Even if there was he never had it covered for more than a 1/2 second.

You have to admit it was exciting. Where would we have been without that goal. Bruins must play better, playoff hockey. Much better defense, Rask must get better, and the offense needs to tighten up. All for Playoff Hockey. Regular season hockey is over, has been for some time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad