GDT: ECQF #6 - 5/12/2013 | Capitals @ Rangers | 4:30 PM - MSG, CNBC, TSN (Titanic Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
If thy lose this game and once again give a single goal of support I'm going to take over Torterella's body and bag skate these guys until I get tired. That said phenomenal period. in an elimination game if they are eliminated and they score one goal it's not going to be consolation

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island
Rangers are dominating the puck possession game and have actually been generating good chances the past few minutes.

Dorsett, by the way, has had a tremendous game.

Aside from te physical play, Dorsett's been creating some great chances too. Unfortunately, they were set up for Boyle

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
So far this series, I feel that Brass, Hagelin, Dorsett, Asham, Moore and Stralman have really stepped up and proved their worth.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Very surprised they did not change that goal from Nash to Brass but either way their line has been the best on the ice so far.

3rd Guy High

Feb 17, 2010
Wow what a hockey game. That was how the game was meant to be played right there. Absolutely no complaints aside from the PP in the first.

We just have to finish. Kreider's line with Asham and Richards are even getting chances. Dorsett is showing alot of skill this game. Nash is finally showing he's got some playoff balls in him. No excuses, hurt or not. Brassard and Zucc are having a hell of a game. Stepan and Hags are doing a great job down low. Outstanding performance in that second. :handclap::handclap::handclap:

Now that thats over with, lets keep it up. One more period to go. Carry that over to the third. Games not over yet.

Kershaw

In Kershaw's world players never improve. Because John Moore didn't get consistent PP time on the Blue Jackets, he's always going to suck. He played well on the Rangers and got his shots on net. He can handle the puck. He seems like a good enough passer. I guess the decisions by the Columbus coach are synonymous with the players' values. So Girardi and Boyle must be ****ing Power Play wizards. Seriously, going by a decision of a coach prone to error is a dubious logic.

lol?

John Moore didn't get consistent Pp time on the Blue Jackets. Sure he has tools, but he has yet to prove he is a legitimate PPQB. He could be a good 2nd unit guy one day, but he is far from one as of now.

Then you have Stralman who hasn't played in Columbus in like 2 years. I guess he's still the same guy.

No. Anton Stralman has been labelled as a PPQB since drafted by the Leafs and couldn't patrol a PP for the Leafs and Blue Jackets. What's there to believe he has untapped potential at the age of 26?

The only time players do change in your view is when they get worse. Richards is a shell of himself. Using your logic that players don't change, Richards is a Conn Smythe player and a 2 time 90 point scorer.

No, it has to be used with context. Do you see Richards returning to that form?

Oh and Callahan scores garbage goals? I guess that's a bad thing. Someone should tell Holmstrom. Callahan also has an above average shot.

Holmstrom screened goalies and has higher career GPG than Callahan. He wouldn't be top PP guy on Chicago, Boston, Pittsburgh, San Jose, Los Angeles and Anaheim.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
It's a bit ironic because last year we were much better on the road.

Statiscally that's false. They had a better home record in the regular season and I think it was pretty identical in the playoffs. They were very good on the road though. This team is more talented but not as mentally tough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad