ECQF: (2) Pittsburgh Penguins vs. (3) Philadelphia Flyers | Pittsburgh Leads Series 3-2

who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Was ready to respond, but @Jaded-Fan hit on every single thing I wanted to. So I have to second his response. :)

I do think your frustrations with the coach and vets are warranted, but the time to pull the trigger is not always immediately. If the right coach is there, sure. Do it. If he isn't, don't. Let Hak run his course but have a Plan B ready.

I guess that my question was inspired by thinking about whether they have stewed over if the Flyers take a step back, which can happen with kids, whether to pull a Toronto with Kessel and trade Giroux, or even Voracek, for a small fortune in young assets and picks. That move nailed Mathews for Toronto so I doubt that anyone in Toronto regrets the trade in the least. Or just go for it in the next two or three years while they are in their prime?

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I guess that my question was inspired by thinking about whether they have stewed over if the Flyers take a step back, which can happen with kids, whether to pull a Toronto with Kessel and trade Giroux, or even Voracek, for a small fortune in young assets and picks. That move nailed Mathews for Toronto so I doubt that anyone in Toronto regrets the trade in the least. Or just go for it in the next two or three years while they are in their prime?

Not a bad strategy, either. Watching Nolan Patrick develop and be a threat in these games, though... I mean he's incredible. Maybe just moving on Giroux as you already mentioned Jake and Couts are already young enough to become vets when it's time. But Patrick has me a believer. I don't think they need to go that route but they cannot try to go all-in. Thinking it's only a 2-3 year window is dumb. I think it's much bigger if they are patient.

Reactions: BHD and Jaded-Fan

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
My favorite part of Patrick is the touch on his passes. He is already close to being the best passer on the team, on a team with Giroux, Voracek, Couturier, and Ghost. It's fun to watch.

I have to find fun in the little things with this team. Like when you're dumpster diving and the dumpster spontaneously combusts with you in it, the least you can do is be amused by the way that half of a discarded banana caramelizes as your eyes melt.

NeelyWasAWarrior

Don't Poke The Bear
Dec 23, 2006
Boston Garden
Any given night an NHL goalie can steal you a game. Minus the wrap around goal, Neuvirth was tip top. I hope this series goes 7 with the rest of the games going into OT. I want a tired Penguins team when the B's match up with them in the ECF.

Reactions: Devonator

harmonica

Apr 21, 2007
Congrats you the flyers tonight. They earned it and outplayed us nearly all game.

Kessel is a no show. Letang playing like he has brain damage. PP lost this for us.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Could've used a Hornqvist in this one. Hopefully he goes on Sunday.

Pens Still control play for the most part, if Pens keep it up and not suck on the PP, they should take the series.

Rygu

Dec 24, 2017
B.C.
Definitely the best game of the series. Philly deserved that win. Giroux came alive and they received actual playoff caliber goaltending. This series just got really good.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Penguins had the puck the whole game and especially the 3rd period.

Philly got lucky on a pinball shot by Coots.

As much as I wanna see Flyers in 7, penguins will win in Philadelphia on Sunday

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Congrats you the flyers tonight. They earned it and outplayed us nearly all game.

Kessel is a no show. Letang playing like he has brain damage. PP lost this for us.

i thought kessel was one of your best guys tonight. He is able to get to the slot easier than any forward you have on your team. And once there he is very patient. This series has made me appreciate his talents probably more than i ever would have expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad