ECQF: (2) Pittsburgh Penguins vs. (3) Philadelphia Flyers | Pittsburgh Leads Series 3-2

who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Failing to wrap this series up at home tonight is absolutely unacceptable! Winnipeg isn't failing to get the job done. But Pittsburgh is. I now have serious doubts about this team being able to three-peat.

They blew a 3-1 lead to Washington last year.. Still won. If they lose down the line, it won't be because they let Philly hang on for an extra game.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Well, they have next to no chance in game 6 sans Provorov.

True. But you never know. I thought the pens had no shot winning that game against the Caps last year with no Crosby.

A few weird bounces and any team can win. Olympic hockey shows that alot. Like Lativa hanging on in a game they had no business being in. Or Germany almost beating Russia this year.

bigkam

Jun 13, 2009
In close games like this, comes down to bounces. Penguins will be owed a couple on Sunday after that one.

mynameisnick4

Jan 18, 2012
Pittsburgh
While the chances were in Pens favour, the Flyers out worked and "wanted" it more. Pens played sloppy and too cute of a game, instead of playing with a killer instinct.
I wouldn't say they wanted it more, I just think that the Pens get too comfortable then play like they just lost half their IQ, especially the mensa club member Letang. That 4 on 3 powerplay was attrocious. They had the puck in the zone for most of the time but had zero chances. They make way to many cute/dumb passes on the powerplay which single handily lost them this game.

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
True. But you never know. I thought the pens had no shot winning that game against the Caps last year with no Crosby.

A few weird bounces and any team can win. Olympic hockey shows that alot. Like Lativa hanging on in a game they had no business being in. Or Germany almost beating Russia this year.

Agreed. Just a mood thing. We've felt this series over since the start, so I had the same reaction he did.

Licentia

Jun 29, 2004
They blew a 3-1 lead to Washington last year.. Still won. If they lose down the line, it won't be because they let Philly hang on for an extra game.

You can't keep playing like ass, and expect it not to catch up to you eventually. Remember, they won in the 2nd OT against Ottawa in game #7 last year. That's how close they came to not winning it!

Gert B Frobe

Nov 18, 2003
Chester County
Idk. But if im a betting person...he will be in the lineup on Sunday unless he is losing a limb. He's a warrior.

Neal for Hornqvist and Spaling - still not sure who won this. Cup winning teams absolutely require a guy or two like this. Adam Graves, Bill Guerin, Kevin Stevens, Simmonds and to a lesser extent guys like Hartnell... there are probably better examples but it's late

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Not a fan of either team but it’s good to see Philly put up some fight now. Officiating was abysmal tonight too. I hope it goes 7 and they beat the bag out of each other.

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
Pens starting bracing themselves for hits and letting the puck go by instead of taking the hit to make a play. Malkin did it and the puck went the other way before the 3rd goal, and then Letang's super pathetic play at his own blueline before the empty net goal.

Despite being outmatched - Flyers skated hard all night, played hard all night, and it payed off late in the game. I remember Bylsma preaching about that exact same sort of play. He called it "investing".

Flyers have the momentum right now. I doubt they shit on their home fans again. This will come back for a game 7.

Gert B Frobe

Nov 18, 2003
Chester County
You can't keep playing like ass, and expect it not to catch up to you eventually. Remember, they won in the 2nd OT against Ottawa in game #7 last year. That's how close they came to not winning it!

Maybe in the 1st round they can against a team that has a ways to go like the Flyers. You have to figure they will tighten things up if and when they move on. Don't think the Penguins would be beating the Bruins right now.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Neal for Hornqvist and Spaling - still not sure who won this. Cup winning teams absolutely require a guy or two like this. Adam Graves, Bill Guerin, Kevin Stevens, Simmonds and to a lesser extent guys like Hartnell... there are probably better examples but it's late

I'd say the Penguins are happy with the trade. Hornqvist did score the game winning cup goal. Scored the big goal in game 7 vs the Caps.

swflyers93

Nov 19, 2007
Norristown, PA
53e8060bd47d3e4a841d61c2ec7f9d4a.jpg

Damn you Flyers!!!

Licentia

Jun 29, 2004
Maybe in the 1st round they can against a team that has a ways to go like the Flyers. You have to figure they will tighten things up if and when they move on. Don't think the Penguins would be beating the Bruins right now.

That's right. Pittsburgh is going to get a rude awakening against Boston. Last year they had it pretty easy against Ottawa and Nashville. This year it's going to be much tougher to win both the Conference, and the Cup.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Pens starting bracing themselves for hits and letting the puck go by instead of taking the hit to make a play. Malkin did it and the puck went the other way before the 3rd goal, and then Letang's super pathetic play at his own blueline before the empty net goal.

Despite being outmatched - Flyers skated hard all night, played hard all night, and it payed off late in the game. I remember Bylsma preaching about that exact same sort of play. He called it "investing".

Flyers have the momentum right now. I doubt they **** on their home fans again. This will come back for a game 7.

Idk...pens have dunked on the Flyers all year at their place. They won't hold them to under 5 goals. And I don't see Murray giving up 5.

But crazier things have happened.

Flyers1928

Jan 26, 2018
Canada
how bout that dive by crosby, this guy should be fined every other week for that shit. Refs f***ing awful again, guess the leagues gotta keep em happy before crosby era over and they relocate

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
5-1 PP s and no make up call after the Flip,penalty that was 100% made up phantom call is incomprehensible. Have to think Flyers send in tapes or some sort of protest.

I picked Pens in 6 and sticking to it , if Provy is out a Pens win is guaranteed Sunday

Reactions: Devonator

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
how bout that dive by crosby, this guy should be fined every other week for that ****. Refs ****ing awful again, guess the leagues gotta keep em happy before crosby era over and they relocate

Ya that was bad, but wasn't even close to being the worst call, how messed up is that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->