ECQF: (2) Pittsburgh Penguins vs. (3) Philadelphia Flyers | Pittsburgh Leads Series 3-2

who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Really? You cant remember 2013 dan Bylsmafrustration? I can... its why we all should pity those fools across the state... they have a Bylsma-Johnston hybrid.. puke...

That was a while ago. And time and a pair of cups has dulled things a lot.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Hakstol gets criticized for doing nothing with the lineup in game 2, they blow out Penguins.

Get absolutely owned in 3 and 4 in their barn and now people don't want lineup changes....

I'm not saying "don't make changes". I'm just saying don't make stupid ones. Filppula should never be a #1C. Especially when a team has Patrick and Giroux still healthy. And if you're going to switch up the blueline (which is what's rumored), then one should probably be sitting their worst D (or one of them), and not one who's been average.

This shouldn't be that hard. Stack the top 6 as best you can, and then go from there. You might still lose, but at least give yourself the best chance possible. Putting Filppula as a top 6C is shooting yourself in the foot even before the game starts.

Bumpus

Shhh ...
Mar 4, 2008
WV
Glorious ...

DbG4TcQUMAAlyng.jpg

Feels good, man.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Hakstol gets criticized for doing nothing with the lineup in game 2, they blow out Penguins.

Get absolutely owned in 3 and 4 in their barn and now people don't want lineup changes....

He instead changed how they were playing. Unfortunately, it turns out he only has the one systemic adjustment and Sullivan compensated quickly. Now he's just doing utterly stupid things.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Pens with the win are up to a one in five chance at the cup, the highest McCurdy has had them or anyone this year. Of course that also means a four in five chance of no 3Peat.

I still have no idea how he arrives at his numbers. Like, what does he even factor in?

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Hakstol deserves his criticism but the Flyers need a 2nd pairing and some more forward depth. Elliot's obviously not been great but that's unsurprising given he's basically just come back after being on the shelf for a long time.

Reactions: Big McLargehuge

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Hopefully Crosby can get another goal in the home game 5 and keep his scoring streak going. Already at 5, his best is 15 but after that he has no other season where he has double digits. Could he do that this offseason?

Sidgeni Malkby

Nov 19, 2008
NJ
Hakstol deserves his criticism but the Flyers need a 2nd pairing and some more forward depth. Elliot's obviously not been great but that's unsurprising given he's basically just come back after being on the shelf for a long time.

This is not meant to be an insult to the Flyers, but it's a team where goalies go to die. They have the most horrible luck with goalies.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
I'm not saying "don't make changes". I'm just saying don't make stupid ones. Filppula should never be a #1C. Especially when a team has Patrick and Giroux still healthy. And if you're going to switch up the blueline (which is what's rumored), then one should probably be sitting their worst D (or one of them), and not one who's been average.

This shouldn't be that hard. Stack the top 6 as best you can, and then go from there. You might still lose, but at least give yourself the best chance possible. Putting Filppula as a top 6C is shooting yourself in the foot even before the game starts.

Yep. I was dumbfounded at why he didn't go

Giroux
Patrick

It's so damn obvious...

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
And for kicks,

Pittsburgh Pens' Post Season Goals for per Game.

2016: 3 goals per game, 2nd best in the playoffs.
https://www.foxsports.com/nhl/team-...sort=5&time=2&pos=0&team=1&qual=1&sortOrder=0

2017: 3.1 goals per game, 1st in the playoffs.
https://www.foxsports.com/nhl/team-...sort=5&time=2&pos=0&team=1&qual=1&sortOrder=0

2018: 4.5 goals per game, 2nd best in the playoffs.
Fox sports? Is there something wrong with your interwebs?

TimThomas24

Jun 13, 2013
The worst? Really? Because I thought it was at least similar to a lot of the other series, but just with less cheap shots, dirty hits, and little rats being little rats. (and who would have seen that coming from a Pens/Flyers series?)

But I guess some people like that now when it's their best players that are doing it...

My team employs the biggest rat in the NHL. Thank you captain obvious. Get some new material, and don’t get so butthurt next time someone says the truth about a boring product.

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
My team employs the biggest rat in the NHL. Thank you captain obvious. Get some new material, and don’t get so ******** next time someone says the truth about a boring product.
Lol a Pens fan can't make a post criticizing a hit or play without the opposing fanbase still bringing up Matt Cooke when he hasn't been on this team for 5 years and based on a hit from 8 years ago. AND MOSTLY FROM BRUINS FANS.

So while you are STILL currently employing the dirtiest rat in the game, and when that rat just happens to far more valuable for you guys than Matt Cooke ever was to us..... yeah. You're going to hear about it.

And you'll be hearing about for the next decade after Marchand retires.... at least. Get used to it.

The sweet irony of it all....

TimThomas24

Jun 13, 2013
That made absolutely no sense tying in Cooke to Marchand after I said this series has been boring. Keep digging though you’ll find something lol

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
That made absolutely no sense tying in Cooke to Marchand after I said this series has been boring. Keep digging though you’ll find something lol
You said "the worst".

Bruins had scores of
5-1
7-3
2-4

So up until our game 5s, both Pens and Bruins series were similar... except there were no dirty plays, cheap shots, or rats. (AND YES that feels so weird saying that about a Flyers team)

So it's fair to say that, in your perspective, gooning it up really gets the excitement going.

TimThomas24

Jun 13, 2013
You said "the worst".

Bruins had scores of
5-1
7-3
2-4

So up until our game 5s, both Pens and Bruins series were similar... except there were no dirty plays, cheap shots, or rats. (AND YES that feels so weird saying that about a Flyers team)

So it's fair to say that, in your perspective, gooning it up really gets the excitement going.

Yes physical hockey is entertaining. You’re in the minority if you think otherwise.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Lol a Pens fan can't make a post criticizing a hit or play without the opposing fanbase still bringing up Matt Cooke when he hasn't been on this team for 5 years and based on a hit from 8 years ago. AND MOSTLY FROM BRUINS FANS.

So while you are STILL currently employing the dirtiest rat in the game, and when that rat just happens to far more valuable for you guys than Matt Cooke ever was to us..... yeah. You're going to hear about it.

And you'll be hearing about for the next decade after Marchand retires.... at least. Get used to it.

The sweet irony of it all....
It's even funnier when you consider Brad Marchand has been just as reckless as Matt Cooke. I mean you would think a team that hates that type of player, wouldn't forget that they have that exact type of player (just more skilled) sitting on their team currently.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Yes physical hockey is entertaining. You’re in the minority if you think otherwise.
Sure, to the crowd that has the super short attention span and needs that "ooh look a big hit, sounds, wow.......wait what is that, flashy signs on the scoreboard!!"

But a game that is a 3-1 or 2-1 win is just as entertaining. Those VGK vs LA games were 1 goal wins, a lot of back and forth and speed. I had fun watching that series and I have fun watching this series.

The Bruins vs Leafs one has been more meh if anything, same with the Shark vs Ducks. Good nap material.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
My team employs the biggest rat in the NHL. Thank you captain obvious. Get some new material, and don’t get so ******** next time someone says the truth about a boring product.
Such a boring product that the shift in that boring product's style has become the style to copy.

Man, why are you even posting in this thread? For a series so boring to you, you are very gripped by the thread.

lastcupever75

Phive cups PA.
May 14, 2009
Agreed, just like whoever has that air horn at your home games. You copied Washington on that. Now one of your clothing people are stealing an Eagles thing. Very original. That airhorn is so annoying.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orange_Crush_Defense

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad