ECQF: (2) Pittsburgh Penguins vs. (3) Philadelphia Flyers | Pittsburgh Leads Series 3-2

who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
I was not taking a shot at your Pens... was simply saying how good was Murray. In the other hand... Elliott let a couple of fluke goals and it did change the game.

I dont know whether to blame Elliott either tho. The Pens have made Vezina goalies look just as bad the last two playoffs. Bob , Holtby, Rinne, Vasy, Jones. Struggled the most against Craig Anderson.

I dont know what to make of it, someone else figure it out..

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
He’s likely injured. He’s a non factor and that’s a real negative. He influence a game a lot but he’s done nothing since the beginning of the year.

I figured that must be it because he just doesn't look like his normal self out there. He's usually causing all kinds of havoc and playing well.

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige
I dont know whether to blame Elliott either tho. The Pens have made Vezina goalies look just as bad the last two playoffs. Bob , Holtby, Rinne, Vasy, Jones. Struggled the most against Craig Anderson.

I dont know what to make of it, someone else figure it out..
Pens won the Stanley cup,the last two years. Sure they are good and have great players. But today, Elliott was not sharp and this has been Flyers problem for a while now. I really don't know neither umderstand what is the problem but i feel for them.............. nah i don't care really ;) for the Flyers net problem.

Bumpus

Shhh ...
Mar 4, 2008
WV
Bumpis... or whatever. Don't need your help to see that the big difference in this game was Murray. That said.. Murray is a Penguin... so don't be shy or offended by this boy.
:laugh: Not shy, or offended ... Just trying to help you come to the incontestable conclusion that this shit is OVER. And, partly because of extreme weak goaltending by Philly.

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
Elliott of game 1 or Elliott of game 2?

Elliot wasn't great game two... he made a couple good saves, as he is prone to do, but he was down and out on a ton of plays where the pens flubbed the shot... Overall, if Elliot plays like he does in game two five times.. hed be lucky to win one game......

He is a very subpar goalie who can play ok when a team plays strong defense in front of him... and Philadelphia's D isn't great...

It was always going to be a problem for them in any series

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
I just don't get how they let go an obvious penatly like Schultz hook on Konecny or Couts punching Letang in the face. But then Call that Hagelin slash and that Rust "trip". Not consistent at all. Very confusing for the players I bet.

Its often make up calls that fans gripe about.. when the refs know they missed one they call something tacky to compensate and fans wonder why

ncm7772

Apr 10, 2016
Upstate NY
Aside from potential bad Matt Murray games, the only weakness I see in the Pens in this series so far is ZAR, but some Pens fans on Reddit told me he's playing hurt, so go figure.

This team has great pieces, but with Hakstol on the bench and Hart/Ustimenko/Sandstrom still a few years away, we've got a long way to go.

No reason to believe ZAR is hurt. He's just bad right now. Not following the recent Pens history of rookies performing well in the playoffs. Murray, Guentzel, Rust, Sheary (in 2016), Kuhnhackl (in 2016), etc.

Bumpus

Shhh ...
Mar 4, 2008
WV
Oh Bumpis... that is what I am saying! Difference is in net. But btw it ain't over yet though
First off ... That's twice now. It's Bumpus.

But, No. We're not agreeing ... I'm just saying tending is PART of it. Mostly, the Pittsburgh Penguins are a far superior hockey club than the Philadelphia Flyers.

Make your peace with it. That won't always be the case, it just is now.

Reactions: BlacknGold4life

Rusty Razor

Jun 25, 2017
I just don't get how they let go an obvious penatly like Schultz hook on Konecny or Couts punching Letang in the face. But then Call that Hagelin slash and that Rust "trip". Not consistent at all. Very confusing for the players I bet.

The standard for tripping was pretty consistent today. There were a few for each team where a guy used his leg to trip and they called it.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
I figured that must be it because he just doesn't look like his normal self out there. He's usually causing all kinds of havoc and playing well.

Yea he had 4 injuries occur over a couple games early after having a great start. He missed some time and then had oral surgery to remove teeth while out. I think he has the injuries plus the lack of eating etc with the dental procedure. He’s been limp for a long time.

Sidgeni Malkby

Nov 19, 2008
NJ
Pens won the Stanley cup,the last two years. Sure they are good and have great players. But today, Elliott was not sharp and this has been Flyers problem for a while now. I really don't know neither umderstand what is the problem but i feel for them.............. nah i don't care really ;) for the Flyers net problem.

Post-Hextall goalie, when have the Flyers NOT had net problems?

Reactions: nords1995

Tuna Tatarrrrrr

Here Is The Legendary Rat Of HFBoards! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jun 13, 2012
I think it's a combination of goaltending and officiating. So many damn penalties that the leading team can just pour it on and the trailing team establishes no rhythm. Not fun hockey.
I agree you're right, especially when one of these teams (Flyers) doesn't have the firepower to respond, not fun hockey at all.

Tuna Tatarrrrrr

Jun 13, 2012
Philly probably has to play the trap to win (because of the goalie) and need to score first. Any game the Pens go 2-0 up its over as they will have to take more chances and that up open up the ice.
I don't know why but as soon as I saw Murray makes the great glove save early in the first period, I already knew this game was over for the Flyers.

Last edited:
Reactions: NOLAPensFan

Tuna Tatarrrrrr

Jun 13, 2012
I think you were just lucky that the Flyers lost. The game could've gone either way.
Of course I was, but to be honest, I've had this early judgement after the Pens too the lead. The Murray's glove save had just given me the confidence to make this statement.

Tuna Tatarrrrrr

Jun 13, 2012
I think you were just lucky that the Flyers lost. The game could've gone either way.
Of course I was, but to be honest, I've had this early judgement after the Pens took the lead. The Murray's glove save had just given me the confidence to make this statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad