ECQF: (2) Pittsburgh Penguins vs. (3) Philadelphia Flyers | Pittsburgh Leads Series 3-2

who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
So the Penguins came back to Pittsburgh after the game, is this unusual? I know game 4 isn’t until Wednesday so I guess that’s why. They also probably don’t want some Philly scum bag fans pulling the fire alarm on them.

powerbomb

Apr 6, 2013
In each of the first three games, the winning team got an early big time stop from their goalie. I don't think this game turns into the 5-1 shellacking it was if Murray doesn't make that nice glove save to keep it scoreless. Same way that I don't think the Flyers skate to a big win in game 2 if Crosby scores to make it a one goal game.

I think the Penguins have looked consistently more dangerous than Philadelphia this series, and especially so if their power play keeps clicking. The first goal looms large on Wednesday. While no team wants to play from behind, the Flyers look like they lose all confidence if they trail by at least two. But really, this isn't so shocking... this Penguins team has much more playoff experience than Philly, which is why I expect the Flyers to start strong in Game 4. They know they can't go back to Pittsburgh down 3-1.

My question is whether a goalie controversy brews over the intervening break. Is Elliott the long-term answer for the Flyers in net, or should Mrazek get the chance to play?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The Flyers just aren't on the level the Penguins are. Nothing wrong with that for the Flyers, they are on the way up and not the way down. The Penguins may be on the way down, but aren't yet. At the very least not in this series. Both teams are prone to the same amount of mistakes, but the Penguins have the pedigree and moxie to see through it and the Flyers do not. Certainly not the way some of their veteran players make mistakes. Regardless, just not where they are. And the fact that one mistake can let a game spiral out of the control like that is a separate issue. Penguins could, and at times do, make the same mistake and not let the game get away from them.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
The Flyers just aren't on the level the Penguins are. Nothing wrong with that for the Flyers, they are on the way up and not the way down. The Penguins may be on the way down, but aren't yet. At the very least not in this series. Both teams are prone to the same amount of mistakes, but the Penguins have the pedigree and moxie to see through it and the Flyers do not. Certainly not the way some of their veteran players make mistakes. Regardless, just not where they are. And the fact that one mistake can let a game spiral out of the control like that is a separate issue. Penguins could, and at times do, make the same mistake and not let the game get away from them.

I used the analogy of the 2008 Pens who used the experience for the run in 2009.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
So the Penguins came back to Pittsburgh after the game, is this unusual? I know game 4 isn’t until Wednesday so I guess that’s why. They also probably don’t want some Philly scum bag fans pulling the fire alarm on them.
Anytime you can sleep in your own bed, it's a good thing. They'll enjoy that each of the next two nights.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Yeah. Or the Giroux stick slash-never liked the calls where a stick is just dropped rather than broken, like there were far more vicious slashes that made contact with the body, and you call Giroux because Crosby's stick falls out of his hand?

Growing up you're taught to tie up sticks, that's legal. Never got how you could get a slashing call for hitting a stick.

It just makes for bad games. A team can go up 2 and turn that to 4 very quickly in these games.

The league has been calling slashing at a high rate all season, did you just wake up from a coma?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad