ECQF: (2) Pittsburgh Penguins vs. (3) Philadelphia Flyers | Pittsburgh Leads Series 3-2

who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

radapex

Sep 21, 2012
Canada, Eh
Which is precisely why you slash a stick and why it has never been a penalty before the last few seasons.

There are two cases that have always been called a slash -- breaking a player's stick, and knocking the stick out of a player's hands. They're also usually pretty consistent in recognizing that an upward motion is a stick lift while a downward one is a slash.

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
There are two cases that have always been called a slash -- breaking a player's stick, and knocking the stick out of a player's hands. They're also usually pretty consistent in recognizing that an upward motion is a stick lift while a downward one is a slash.

Breaking always has been, but knocking it out of someone's hands hasn't, as far as I can remember. I think that's cropped up as a call mostly in the past 5 years.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Breaking always has been, but knocking it out of someone's hands hasn't, as far as I can remember. I think that's cropped up as a call mostly in the past 5 years.

Slashing a stick out of someones hand has always been a penalty, if it causes a loss in puck control. Which is the case here

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
No, I'm just wondering why one innocuous slash to the stick is called when several to the hands/shins/sides are not.

Because at the start of the season for a good solid 2 weeks, every one of those were called, then it became infrequent and sporadic, then it became momentum crushing with chintzy calls that are weak as hell to a form of that we see today.

It's been an 82 game progression of ineptitude that they've built up. Hard to miss.

Last edited:
Reactions: God Bless Mr Coffee

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Which is precisely why you slash a stick and why it has never been a penalty before the last few seasons.

Except literally at the start of the season, they made it a point of saying it was.

Sid accidentally whacked Methot on the hand, enough people whined for it to become a thing they look for.

Don't whine about trivial stuff like that and maybe the league won't make it a thing.

Reactions: Pengwins

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
Broad Street bathroom. Didn't quite work yesterday. Of course, down there Flyers goaltending is the ultimate pissah.

Da2F3toWsAAl_TQ.jpg
Last edited: 39 minutes ago
Terrier, 45 minutes ago Edit Report
673 + Quote Reply

Reactions: ncm7772

NJ DevLolz

The Many Saints of Newark
Sep 30, 2017
read that giroux hasn’t scored a playoff goal in 4 years. mvp?
Yeah, he hasn't been really good since the '12 series vs. the Penguins where we know defense was optional. He got shutdown vs. the Devils the series, after, played pretty well against the Rangers in '14, was putrid against the Caps in 16 and is off to a rough start this year.

His last ES playoff point was 10 games ago in game 6 of the Rangers series back in '14!

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
Yeah, he hasn't been really good since the '12 series vs. the Penguins where we know defense was optional. He got shutdown vs. the Devils the series, after, played pretty well against the Rangers in '14, was putrid against the Caps in 16 and is off to a rough start this year.

His last ES playoff point was 10 games ago in game 6 of the Rangers series back in '14!

I heard it was because of the broken wrists that Sid gave him :naughty:

Reactions: ncm7772

Kreator

Feb 18, 2017
Giroux couldn't lead a horse to water if he lived on a lake. However if you wanted a couple meaningless points when the score is out of reach then he is your man. Theres a reason Team Canada passes on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad