Series Talk: ECQ: Boston Bruins (3-3) Toronto Maple Leafs. GAME 7 AWAITS!

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
I want a 4-1 lead going into the last 10 mins.

Need to slay all the demons.

Big night for Matthews. Put him on Marner's line: Marleau - Matthews - Marner

LeafShark

Feb 2, 2010

No. On the road, against the best shut down center in the league, Leafs needs to spread their depth across 4 lines as much as possible. This nullifies their home advantage.

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
No. On the road, against the best shut down center in the league, Leafs needs to spread their depth across 4 lines as much as possible. This nullifies their home advantage.

You spread the offense too thin, and no one will score. Matthews not gonna do shit with Hyman and Brown on his wings.

Outside of the Marchand line, they have ZERO offense. If they waste them with constant defensive zone time, its better for us. We still have Nylander, Kadri, JVR etc. much more depth offensively.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
We win tomorrow and this young team takes a quantum leap in developing into a consistent playoff team and contender...so huge, the curse is more of a fan thing I think, some of these players were in jammies heading to bed in 2013.

it is a fan thing (and honestly even though i'm 'over' game seven and have been for ages, in the moment, anxious. but really all the leafs need to do is make it a game. if they win. POOF they are completely awesome. if they FIGHT and make it a tough out should Boston win and theyll be loved anyway).

there is no 'curse'
in 2013, the Leafs handed Boston the victory. to a man. Reimer could have stopped one goal, Phaneuf could have blocked out someone away from the net, yadayadyaadayada. it happened.

if this teams fights tooth and nail, and lose. it will suck but they battled back (and then like i said in 2013 - what id you learn? do you make sure you don't make life hard on you?) if we win... well whole new world.

LeafShark

Feb 2, 2010
You spread the offense too thin, and no one will score. Matthews not gonna do **** with Hyman and Brown on his wings.

Outside of the Marchand line, they have ZERO offense. If they waste them with constant defensive zone time, its better for us. We still have Nylander, Kadri, JVR etc. much more depth offensively.

2013 Leafs I'd agree with you. On this team... it's impossible for the offense to be spread too thin. If Bergeron gets taken off of Matthews duty, he'll begin to light it up with Hyman and Brown against weaker opposition.

Reactions: Ulysses31

LeafShark

Feb 2, 2010
If the Leafs spread their talent out, there`s no way Boston can win unless they spread their talent out. If they play Bergeron against the Bozak line to maximize goals for, then it`s firewagon hockey and that plays to Toronto`s advantage. If they play Bergeron against Matthews, then we have 3 other scoring lines to play. If they play Bergeron against Kadri, then its a parade to the penalty box kind of night with our players going to the box with their stars 1:1 and we have more stars than they do. Bergeron is the only player talented enough to neutralize Matthews, Kadri, Nylander, and Marner, and if they`re all playing on different lines, well, Toronto`s going to out-chance Boston with the simple math that 3 lines > 1 line.... 40 mins > 20 mins. Boston can shoot the puck as much as they want, it`s not going to happen.

Reactions: Kurtz

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017

Interesting thought for surely. We gon have to see what the babcock does. They might go with the marleau - kadri - marner line still though. Also target ether Kadri or Plekanec line play against the bergeron line. We might be able to squeeze kadri out there for a lot of cases. Y'all gon have to see to that one. Matthews will have to play against bergeron and his line too.

This'll be like the best test for us mayne. We ain't getting no 6-1 penalties anymore neither :clap: Penalties will be called even/pretty even this time. So we will get ours now and bouncing on that real hard. We might bank a couple of goals during the reg-time. Like 3-4 goals we could bank in on rask. He ain't dirt. He has gotten pulled lately. What a fool.

We might beat these dorks cause they slowa. Not more dirt than our players have clearly. Series is tied 3-3, so there's the evidense on y'all Holmes's and Watson's. Keep y'all investigating hats on cause y'all bout to witness something real spectacular tomorrow night y'all. Y'all treally gon have to see this one. :fist:

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
You spread the offense too thin, and no one will score. Matthews not gonna do **** with Hyman and Brown on his wings.

hasn't Hyman-Matthews-Brown gotten a goal in the last two games? Sure one was called back, but I don't think you can say they can't do anything

Reactions: Kurtz

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
We have scored 2 or less goals in 4 of the 6 games. You spread that offense too thin, and you are playing into Boston's hands. Last game we only scored 2, since I dont count that empty net.

frog

Apr 8, 2014
Canada
Does anyone know whos reffing next game.. Cause all i know is that Gary Bettman and that other guy were completely on the Bruins side two games ago, Chara punches gardner and doesnt get a penalty. We need some at least impartial refs for game 7.

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
We have scored 2 or less goals in 4 of the 6 games. You spread that offense too thin, and you are playing into Boston's hands. Last game we only scored 2, since I dont count that empty net.

I disagree. With Komarov out and Kadri back in, our team has 4 scoring lines. Stacking one line would work towards Boston's advantage as they'll put Bergeron+Chara on that line at home. It just wouldn't make any sense.

Reactions: Drew311

56 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
This is a different team than 2013. I am already on record as saying I want to see a first round win in order to see progress. Coming back all this way and then losing to me is unacceptable. There are no moral victories.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Does anyone know whos reffing next game.. Cause all i know is that Gary Bettman and that other guy were completely on the Bruins side two games ago, Chara punches gardner and doesnt get a penalty. We need some at least impartial refs for game 7.

Hasnt been released yet that I know of.

These guys will have it tomorrow morning/afternoon

Scouting The Refs (@ScoutingTheRefs) | Twitter

Reactions: frog

QJo

Luke Warmtakes
Dec 8, 2016
Ontario
Interesting thought for surely. We gon have to see what the babcock does. They might go with the marleau - kadri - marner line still though. Also target ether Kadri or Plekanec line play against the bergeron line. We might be able to squeeze kadri out there for a lot of cases. Y'all gon have to see to that one. Matthews will have to play against bergeron and his line too.

This'll be like the best test for us mayne. We ain't getting no 6-1 penalties anymore neither :clap: Penalties will be called even/pretty even this time. So we will get ours now and bouncing on that real hard. We might bank a couple of goals during the reg-time. Like 3-4 goals we could bank in on rask. He ain't dirt. He has gotten pulled lately. What a fool.

We might beat these dorks cause they slowa. Not more dirt than our players have clearly. Series is tied 3-3, so there's the evidense on y'all Holmes's and Watson's. Keep y'all investigating hats on cause y'all bout to witness something real spectacular tomorrow night y'all. Y'all treally gon have to see this one. :fist:

glad to see you back

LeafShark

Feb 2, 2010
Rolling 4 scoring lines on the road gets us out of Beantown and on the road past the lightning, penguins, and predators to the Stanley Cup. There is no team that can compete with 4 scoring lines on the road, and an extremely potent and unstoppable offense at home. Not the lightning, not the penguins. The only two men that`s in the way between the Leafs and their destiny is Patrice Bergeron and Tuukka Rask, and Rask no play so good in game 7s. If the Leafs can win tomorrow in Boston, they can take on the world.

Reactions: Ulysses31

Mkdaman1818

Jun 29, 2013
As we all wait with baited breath to yet again see what happens in game 7, I think it’s important to realize that regardless of the outcome tomorrow, all of this (sports fandom and the excitement of the playoffs) is because of the fans, and our energy and passion during the games shows how much we enjoy times like these.
Without fans, let’s say it was the same two teams playing in some random arena without any fanfare or media coverage, sure we would see some exciting hockey, but honestly who would really care? I think that it’s a beautiful thing that should be acknowledged at a time when so many terrible events steal the headlines far too often these days. The majority of us are here, because the rest of us are here, and that’s what I think we all enjoy the most. Sure, there are always going to be a minority of individuals who are trouble makers regardless of the event or situation, but most of us have things well in perspective, and simply enjoy common bonds and gathering together to escape other realities and just enjoy the moment. What actually happens on the ice is out of our control, and we should always remember that.
I was in Boston last year with friends for a Leafs-Bruins regular season game, and all of us were decked in Leafs gear, cheering loudly for the Leafs, and they won the game. The most memorable part however wasn’t the win, it was the fun we had in the concourse area of the TD Garden with Bruins fans who were just like us, but cheering for black and gold instead of blue and white. Although on the surface we were complete strangers to one another and we were rooting for the opposition, we all had a blast joking around and just enjoying the moment. That’s the best part of all of this experience.
I expressed a similar sentiment on the bruins board earlier today. The last couple weeks has been super fun, especially hanging out in Boston at the games. It all leads up to tomorrow, and I’m gonna be a sweaty nervous wreck at the TD Garden, but it’s gonna be hella fun.

GLG!

Reactions: Goonface2k14

LeafShark

Feb 2, 2010
It's simple really. Depth wins championships. Same for the Chicago Blackhawks, same for the LA Kings, same for the Detroit Redwings, same for the Pittsburgh Penguins... same for the Toronto Maple Leafs.... currently the deepest team in the league.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Bryan Hayes said it best on Overdrive tonight - The Leafs havent played even close to their best game and are in game 7

and to me, if i were boston - would scare the ever loving crap out of me
like let's look at it.

Marner going legend on Boston is no surprise (he's PPG v. Boston (at home) but now officially in his career. a wash. but:

Andersen has been woefully yuck the first few games (and now gaining steam)
Matthews (the best player) has two points to Pasta's what? 10+?
their other best winger on that line just got his first goal on Monday and is now awake (ughoh)
their PK is starting to round into form
Toronto's depth is starting to show
and Boston looks tired.

imo, all the leafs have to do is withstand the first 10 minutes (EVEN if Boston scores) - only make it one goal. and then try to tie it up in the back 10 (early 2nd, when the stretch pass really helps the leafs). I feel Cassidy will try to double shift line #1 to try to get the Bruins in it early like Game 6, so just, block everything and hold on, then Strike.

willmma

Jan 5, 2017
True, but all of last year's losses were one goal games and two overtimes. So last year's losses were better than this year's.

and if we win tomorrow, are you still looking at how close the games were?
For me, in my cup half full perspective, we took one step closer to 16 wins for the cup. :yo:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad