Series Talk: ECQ: Boston Bruins (3-3) Toronto Maple Leafs. GAME 7 AWAITS!

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
Babcock is just playing mind games. There is no way Komarov is playing another game in this series (it should actually be the entire playoffs, should we advance).

Babcock is a slow learner but once he learns, he doesn't make dumb mistakes.

He benched Matt Martin and we barely saw him again, and he wasn't stupid to start him in the playoffs as a reactionary move after the first two games.

Komarov has probably played his last game as a Leaf barring injuries. Johnsson and Kapanen are too good.

I wouldnt be so sure. We are talking about possibly assembling two stable defensive minded lines that can shut down their lines in Boston.

My lineup for game 7 would be as follows:

Hyman-Matthews-Nylander
Marleau-Kadri-Marner
JVR-Bozak-Kapanen
Komarov-Plekanec-Brown

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
What a pretty play by Kadri "Nasty" despite taking all the beating in front of net - he is so big for this team

Does anyone know if he was hurt last night?

Didn’t touch the ice for the last 7 mins of the 3rd. Nylander and AJ got one shift after the 13:16 mark and took it with Matthews as the C.

DopeyFish

Mitchy McDangles
Nov 17, 2009
Does anyone know if he was hurt last night?

Didn’t touch the ice for the last 7 mins of the 3rd. Nylander and AJ got one shift after the 13:16 mark and took it with Matthews as the C.

babcock obv playing defensive forwards to shut down the bruins

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
I wouldnt be so sure. We are talking about possibly assembling two stable defensive minded lines that can shut down their lines in Boston.

My lineup for game 7 would be as follows:

Hyman-Matthews-Nylander
Marleau-Kadri-Marner
JVR-Bozak-Kapanen
Komarov-Plekanec-Brown

We don't have the last change which makes this problematic.

Reactions: TimeZone

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
hopefully Komarov has played his last game in a leaf sweater. He wont be anywhere close to being useful against Tampa after we win game 7 tomorrow, not compared to Johnsson and Kapanens speed against a speed team

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
We don't have the last change which makes this problematic.

Hence the reason to stack two lines that can potentially be on the ice when Bergeron line is on the ice. Both Kadri and Plekanec lines can both be shut down lines. Babcock its time to earn your keep. Secondly I have no problem putting Matthews line against Bergeron line as well. Only line I would shelter is the Bozak line.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Hence the reason to stack two lines that can potentially be on the ice when Bergeron line is on the ice. Both Kadri and Plekanec lines can both be shut down lines. Babcock its time to earn your keep. Secondly I have no problem putting Matthews line against Bergeron line as well. Only line I would shelter is the Bozak line.

Two lines isn't enough and you can't shelter anyone when you don't have the last change. You send on Bozak and Boston sends out Bergeron.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013

Interesting though that last night, Bozak’s line was given a few shifts to close out that must win game.

I think Babcock is seeing Matthews and Plekanec lines as his match up and shut down.

Kadri’s was drawing the Bruins 3/4 line and that’s awesome if he and Nylander can break out. They definitely benefit from sheltered minutes

Baring an injury to Kadri last night, he didn’t play with the game on the line. Not sure what is going on there but if not injured, Babcock not tapping him suggests how he views this.

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
hopefully Komarov has played his last game in a leaf sweater. He wont be anywhere close to being useful against Tampa after we win game 7 tomorrow, not compared to Johnsson and Kapanens speed against a speed team

Yeah. AJ secured his spot with that speed burst and then setting up Matthews.

DopeyFish

Mitchy McDangles
Nov 17, 2009
So he was benched?

Thought he was a good shut down guy?

oh my bad i didnt realize you were talking about kadri

what a brain fart

yeah i don't know... perhaps ties into comments made by babcock how you're more tired on the 2nd game coming back and didn't want to risk it...

another reason was probably faceoffs... Kadri was getting destroyed on the dot

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Honestly, I really wouldnt mind Komarov in this game, just because of his defensive ability.

Komarov doesnt do much for the first 2 periods of the game but Babcock really trusts him when it comes to holding a lead and putting him on the ice the last 10 min to check one of their top players. He even moves Komarov up in the lineup in the last 10 min of the game.

Kapanen made some really dumb mistakes last game, so if I had to guess, I would say that Kapanen would be the one to come out if Komarov goes in. But who knows

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
Kadri was getting destroyed on the dot. And he also went after Miller like a maniac after Kapanen got the elbow to head which drew a penalty.

Maybe Babcock figured it was time to bench him before his hot head got us into trouble again. He is one that believes in retribution.

Northernguy10

May 26, 2013
Timmins Ontario
I think the Bruins are going to target Andersen and Marner, the 2 guys that are hurting them the most...hopefully the refs will have some guts in Boston tomorrow.

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
I think the Bruins are going to target Andersen and Marner, the 2 guys that are hurting them the most...hopefully the refs will have some guts in Boston tomorrow.

My hope is they target whom they want, because in return we will just throw Matthews, Nylander, Marleau, Kadri, JVR, Kapanen, Bozak, Hyman etc etc etc. Boston needs to understand one thing. If Toronto neutralizes their top line like they have the past two games it is done for them. Boston can try to neutralize Matthews but then what do you do with Marner or Nylander or the others. Boston doesnt have the depth we do. So my hope is they continue to pit Chara against Matthews. Eventually that will break and Matthews will get the leg up on him. Its a matter of time and I hope he saved it for game 7.

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
PLAYOFF BEARD UPDATE:

upload_2018-4-24_16-48-42.png

upload_2018-4-24_16-49-31.png

upload_2018-4-24_16-50-29.png

upload_2018-4-24_16-52-11.png

Ad

Upcoming events

• Great Britain vs Finland
    Great Britain vs Finland
    Wagers: 1