Series Talk: ECQ: Boston Bruins (3-3) Toronto Maple Leafs. GAME 7 AWAITS!

Polaris1010

Mar 23, 2017
grandma's cellar
Boston is really good in the first 10 minutes, then not as good after that.

Heavy pressure is what do best and you need the legs for that. It has been a long series.

The Leafs should come out hitting, every single player. If you can wear Boston out just a little in the early going, then team speed on the Leafs will come more prominent later in the game.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Yeah Bruins are definitely going to come out strong. They're going to play for Rene Rancourt I assume, since if they lose then he's not going to sing for them again

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Will be tough to play the bruins with their backs against the wall for the first time this series.

Checking Bergeron Marchand and Pastrnak + skating faster than them has been working for us...so why stop now.

Each period will be a game within the game, so Babcock has to be ready to adjust on the fly.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
And the Leafs also have two lines now to shutdown Boston's top line. Which is key considering Boston has home ice advantage. First it was the Kadri line, then it was the Kadri line with Plekanec instead. Now Kadri's on another line, and they're basically doing the same job. While it's not ideal, it basically gives Babcock a 50/50 chance to have a shutdown line on the ice at any given time to deal with Boston's top line. I also like how they're constantly double teaming Pasrnak. Since they started doing that, Boston's top line's production has plummeted. Subsequently, Toronto has been winning games. Let's just hope the refs wear neutral colours for the game tomorrow.

I trust Wes McCauley with my wife

willmma

Jan 5, 2017
I saw this posted by someone else and I can't find it now, so I'm re posting. This is my favorite goal of the series. Ref's reaction is amazing.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
What's wrong with some of you? Why do some want OT? This series has been enough of a clincher in regulation, you guys are some weird masochist type to want to go in OT like that.

I'm hoping for a strong 60 minutes tomorrow, leave everything on the ice. There is now just as much pressure on the Leafs as there is on the Bruins. They need to close out at home and we forced a Game 7 now we NEED to win. Get out of the first tied and I say we have a good chance to take it.

If you offered me (and others) OT right now, I'd take it.

Game 7 coming down to one goal, while on the road? Absolutely good situation for the Leafs to be in.

We all would have taken game 7 OT when the Leafs were 0-2. We would have taken it when the Leafs were 1-3 in this series too.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
Keep that ****er komarov out of the lineup at all costs. Garbage player.

Why do you have to act like the guy ****ed your sister? He goes out and competes, is a team guy, and has generally given everything he's had to the franchise and us fans.

This kinda **** is embarrassing. Maybe he isn't who he was. You've never been what he was. Get a little perspective.

Reactions: Tak7

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
OT right now, I'd take it.
Not for me.
I feel if the Leafs win this game, they are leading 1/2 way through the game.
I think OT favours the Bruins.
3 on 3 I take the Leafs.
25% of Game 7s go to OT.

Reactions: Havoc

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
Why do you have to act like the guy ****ed your sister? He goes out and competes, is a team guy, and has generally given everything he's had to the franchise and us fans.

This kinda **** is embarrassing. Maybe he isn't who he was. You've never been what he was. Get a little perspective.

True, let the legend take rushes and stay fresh. We may need him to go back to battle in round #2.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
What do you mean? OT in playoffs is 5 on 5.
I know.
3 on 3 I take the Leafs.
5 on 5 I take the Bruins.

Any low scoring game I think the Bruins have a better shot.

If the Leaf's game plays out, the Corsi is high (for both teams) and we capitalize more. If the Bruin's game plays out, the collective Corsi is low and they grind out some goals with their top line.

In a next goal wins situation, I think that favours the Bruins.

Puck Luck will likely be the difference tonight.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
I really hate people who read too much into the game. If the Leafs win or lose, does it really change anything about the future of the team?

So do I. Fortunately I’m confident this Leafs management group would never make a dumb reactionary move/trade based on such a small sample.

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
I really hate people who read too much into the game. If the Leafs win or lose, does it really change anything about the future of the team?

Kinda, in the sense that if the Leafs win, they'll gain more invaluable playoff experience. But if they lose, it doesn't mean they're a borderline playoff caliber team.

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
I know.
3 on 3 I take the Leafs.
5 on 5 I take the Bruins.

Any low scoring game I think the Bruins have a better shot.

If the Leaf's game plays out, the Corsi is high (for both teams) and we capitalize more. If the Bruin's game plays out, the collective Corsi is low and they grind out some goals with their top line.

In a next goal wins situation, I think that favours the Bruins.

Puck Luck will likely be the difference tonight.

Here's hoping Boston used most (if not all) of it the first two games ;)

Leafs still haven't played at their best this series, so here's hoping they step up and earn some of that 'Puck Luck' :D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->