ECF Gear

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
If you have the money to spend and want to celebrate the accomplishment, it isn't throwing it away.

I just dont understand it. What happens if the Rangers win the cup in 2 weeks? Is that ECF shirt ever going to see the light of day again? Or will it just be replaced by an even more expensive Cup Champs shirt?

Nonvolition

Nov 16, 2010
New York, NY
This post is hilarious.

I bought a couple, my head is small so it's a little big on me. It's a stretch fit, so unless you have a Goliath head, it should fit fine.

My hat size is 8.5. No stretch fit hat in existence has ever fit me. I have a baseball cap from bighatstore.com. My 94 hat is a dust collector. My demographic seems to be forgotten with this type of gear.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
I just dont understand it. What happens if the Rangers win the cup in 2 weeks? Is that ECF shirt ever going to see the light of day again? Or will it just be replaced by an even more expensive Cup Champs shirt?

It will be added into the rotation. Why do you worry about what every one else does? Worry about yourself. I could careless if I spend $300 on ECF gear and then another $500 on SCF gear (if they win). This is the only sports team I truly care about (Jets and Yankees are way below). Every penny will be damn well spent and every shirt/hat/etc. will be proudly worn.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
It will be added into the rotation. Why do you worry about what every one else does? Worry about yourself. I could careless if I spend $300 on ECF gear and then another $500 on SCF gear (if they win). This is the only sports team I truly care about (Jets and Yankees are way below). Every penny will be damn well spent and every shirt/hat/etc. will be proudly worn.

The only reason I even approach caring is because your cash will be used as a negotiating pawn by the league and the PA at a later date.

AHB*

The only reason I even approach caring is because your cash will be used as a negotiating pawn by the league and the PA at a later date.

So you really think by preaching this you're going to make a difference? You know what, I like the stuff I bought. Regardless of if we win the cup or not (in the case of a win, I"ll go on another shopping spree) I'm very happy with the products I purchased.

If you cared so much about the league using us at a later date, then you should just stop watching the sport all together.

This sport is a business, I"m smart enough to understand that. No matter how much they're making, they're entitled to fight for what they think they deserve. While that may effect my enjoyment occasionally, I can live with it. Clearly you're struggling with that.

I save more money then most people on this planet, if I choose to spend 40 bucks on a dumb hat, I'll gladly do so.

This playoff run is something I've never witnessed and won't ever forget. If I want a few mementos who are you to criticize me?

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
My hat size is 8.5. No stretch fit hat in existence has ever fit me. I have a baseball cap from bighatstore.com. My 94 hat is a dust collector. My demographic seems to be forgotten with this type of gear.

Is there a billboard demographic.

Sorry I am sure you heard every joke in the book. I have a big head myself but not even close to yours @ 7 3/4. Hang in there, I used to not be able to find sneakers growing up, now they're nothing. With the way kids are getting bigger and bigger, they're going to have 9" hats in the not too distant future.

AHB*

Great post. I'll buy that 94' hat off you if you want ;)

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
So you really think by preaching this you're going to make a difference? You know what, I like the stuff I bought. Regardless of if we win the cup or not (in the case of a win, I"ll go on another shopping spree) I'm very happy with the products I purchased.

If you cared so much about the league using us at a later date, then you should just stop watching the sport all together.

This sport is a business, I"m smart enough to understand that. No matter how much they're making, they're entitled to fight for what they think they deserve. While that may effect my enjoyment occasionally, I can live with it. Clearly you're struggling with that.

I save more money then most people on this planet, if I choose to spend 40 bucks on a dumb hat, I'll gladly do so.

This playoff run is something I've never witnessed and won't ever forget. If I want a few mementos who are you to criticize me?

jeez, why the hell do people care so much what other people do? worry about your own freaking business. i bought an EC champions t-shirt and wore it proudly around the city this weekend. got a lot of let's go Rangers cheers too.

Abooch68

Aug 31, 2008
Not hating on anybody who buys the conference champ stuff, it's just not my cup of tea. I wouldn't wear a conference champ anything if A: They won the cup or B: The lost the cup.
haha.

AHB*

Not hating on anybody who buys the conference champ stuff, it's just not my cup of tea. I wouldn't wear a conference champ anything if A: They won the cup or B: The lost the cup.
haha.

Personally, I'm really proud of this team. Even if they lose, I'll gladly wear that stuff around with pride.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder

I could give zero ***** about what the league and PA use my cash for. If I buy the merchandise I will do what I please. Not every one is as cynical when it comes to money and as critical of other people as you are.

To the first bolded :handclap: Perfectly said.

Regarding the second bolded... Exactly. I was 6 years old in 1994. I have very, very few memories of it.

I have a job, I work my ass off for everything I have, travel 5-6 days a week some times, all to make the money I do. If I want to spend $5, $50, or $500 on ECF gear, I will do it and sure as hell don't need unwarranted, cynical, and jaded opinions.

Also, to get back to the main point of the thread. Is there any gear in stock yet?

FJB

Jun 30, 2009
The jerks bought all the "new era" hats (I really wanted one.. but not for $80!!!!) and are selling them for insane prices on ebay.

AHB*

The jerks bought all the "new era" hats (I really wanted one.. but not for $80!!!!) and are selling them for insane prices on ebay.

Dude, NHL.Com has them for 32 bucks.

Google for a fan code for free shipping also.

AHB*

That makes perfect sense!

Enjoy your shirts.

Every time you watch, you're helping their ratings, which are used in negotiations. Every time you go to a game, same thing. Every time you buy merch, same thing.

In fact, I'd easily argue that the ratings and the new, lucrative agreements with Rogers & NBC play a significantly more vital part in the discussions.

So complain all you want, but those ratings that you're a part of are probably #2 to attendance. In fact, they may be #1.

It's extremely hypocritical for you to complain about people buying merch in regards to "labor stoppages" while you're sitting in front of your TV, for most of the games.

Don't preach to people about buying stuff until you've literally forfeited the sport as a whole. At that point, I might take your point seriously.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
I really, truly dislike that hat design, but the shirt is real nice.

Having said that, I'm personally gonna hold out for the champions gear. :naughty:

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
In 2006 I decided not to buy a NFC championship hat, when the Seahawks made it to the Superbowl. This year I did, and guess what happened?

So, I decided to buy the Rangers Eastern conference championship hat. We'll see what happens.

Who OwnsDaChiefs

Feb 3, 2014
Hate to be a Debbie downer, but does anyone else find the official hat design to be pretty crappy? I have to tilt my head to read part of the design, and it doesn't say "2014" anywhere on the hat. Really diggin the clubhouse shirt though.

I hear you. It's kind of cookie cutter too since the Westen Conf Champs hat is the same. I figured they just slapped the logo on when the teams made it at the end of the game. I remember seeing McDonagh's hat's logo looking like it was peeling off during his locker room interview afte the game.

LORENZO

Jan 1, 2014
Nhl store has ECC hat worn for the team picture, so don't go paying eBay prices.

NYRKING30

Apr 29, 2011
NYC
posted this in the jersey thread really need some input here...

I want a Hank home blue cup finals jersey possibly authentic and I just want a regular 3rd jersey of Chris Kreider. I was at Game 4 and 6. They had like 3 or 4 Kreider jerseys both games it seems and one was a white authentic which I didnt want. The other was a home blue one 2 sizes too big. Plus I get 15% off. Off topic but why was there absolutely Barely any Kreider or Hank jerseys throughout MSG the past 2 games. Jesus I was even thinking of just going to MSG tomorrow or Thurs just to buy a jersey lol.

Suggestions? does MSG have the best quality jerseys compared to other websites? Also do they have the best authentic jerseys as well? Or is my best bet ordering from NHL.com,sportsk,coolhockey,icejerseys.. Those are about the only other places I know. Although I never tried the NHL store in the city I think I usually just see authentic havent been there in 2-3 years.

Please guys any help would be greatly appreciated! LETS GO RANGERS!

NYR Lunchbox

Jul 23, 2007
New Jersey
Fyi if anyone is still looking. I Found locker room east champ hats at modell's in Hamilton, nj. Had one left on display but may have more. Good luck

msgminus

Feb 19, 2008
This post is hilarious.

I bought a couple, my head is small so it's a little big on me. It's a stretch fit, so unless you have a Goliath head, it should fit fine.

That hurt my feelings a little :P

Anywho hat found and fits, if just barely, at the NHL store. Better still I found a printable coupon for 15% off so it was just under $55 for two (take that eBay!)

Coupon: http://www.cityguideny.com/quickcoupon2.cfm?id=1612

rangerstown

Jun 1, 2014
Hi everyone, I'd like to ask this since it's been a long time since I've purchased team championship merchandise. I went to my local Modell's to look at the shirts and how come a lot of them have the Reebok logo screen printed on the shirt but the inner collar tag is a different manufacturer, like the brands you see sold at Telco? The locker room t-shirt by Majestic did have the mountain (or whatever that is) logo so those were good, but the ones with the players name and numerals with the Stanley Cup logo on the shoulder were like that. Also, the quality of the screen print didn't look so good, very faded in my opinion as the red appeared more like pink. Is it common for the shirts to have the brands name logos but the brand of the shirt is an unknown company? Can some of you please check on this at your Modell's and tell me if you see the same?

srsly989

Sep 15, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
Hi everyone, I'd like to ask this since it's been a long time since I've purchased team championship merchandise. I went to my local Modell's to look at the shirts and how come a lot of them have the Reebok logo screen printed on the shirt but the inner collar tag is a different manufacturer, like the brands you see sold at Telco? The locker room t-shirt by Majestic did have the mountain (or whatever that is) logo so those were good, but the ones with the players name and numerals with the Stanley Cup logo on the shoulder were like that. Also, the quality of the screen print didn't look so good, very faded in my opinion as the red appeared more like pink. Is it common for the shirts to have the brands name logos but the brand of the shirt is an unknown company? Can some of you please check on this at your Modell's and tell me if you see the same?

Oh wow, you're right. I bought a St. Louis shirt with the Final logo just today at Modells and yep, the tag inside is Alstyle, and sticker says Reebok. Compared to the other shirts I have, it's definitely a different, more bright (pinkish) color!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad