ECF Game 6 | Penguins @ Senators | 8:00 PM EST | CBC, TVAS, NBCSN PART II

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoeManthaMustache

Aug 21, 2007
From the first replay, I said it was an obvious no goal. Here was my view:

Daley pushed Andy deeper into the net and then scored. That's clear interference. Now I'm an Ottawa fan, so you probably won't take my opinion seriously. I was with another Sens fan who said the same thing as me, and a Leafs fan who said the same thing, too. Then you had the CBC announcers who said it was an obvious no goal, too. So maybe, it's your bias that's showing here.

Also, it's not Toronto waiving that goal off, it's the refs on the ice.

I agree, it doesn't matter if the puck is there, not there.. you can't pickle stab a goalie or use your stick to move them no matter what.

That's exactly what Daley did.

The penguins had a goal called back this year or last during the regular season because Kunitz did almost the exact thing - he pushed a goalies pad with this stick.

ShatteredGlass

∞ Posts Deleted :)
Dec 19, 2011
Pittsburgh / Vegas
Crosby has been retaliating though. Don't tell me you don't see him slashing and swinging at guys, especially after he fails to win a face-off. He's no saint by any stretch.

So he's supposed to just take it every night?

Of course he's retaliating. He's tired of the ******** he receives from these players. He better retaliate.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Even you know my post is close to being correct if not correct...

This is will say, Guy Boucher has done a great job beyond belief after being fired from Tampa....

Ottawa had a great season but they will not be going to the cup.... Not even Tom Brady could beat Pitt in Pitt game 7....

Oh for sure. Upsets never happen.
Thanks for your advice but I'll watch game 7 anyways. See if David can slay Goliath.

SensBrawler

Jun 24, 2013
So you know more than Pierre & Olcyzk. Sure...

Also, show me the moment where Daley shoved Anderson, because after watching the replay 100 times, that didn't happen anywhere.

Well...Pierre and Olczyk both have ties to the Pens, so no ****.

Craig Simpson and Jim Hughson didn't think it should have counted. Do they have any ties to the Sens? Nope. Hell, Craig used to play for the Pens.

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
I guess all these Sens fans know more than the "Penguins-biased-even-though-they-have-no-ties-to-the-Penguins" NBC crew, who have been involved in the game long before many of them were even born. Give me a break. Everyone and their grandmother (except for the ****-show in Toronto) can see that Daley's goal should have counted.

Translation:

It's pretty obvious from watching this game that the NHL told the refs to call the game in such a way to fix the result so that the small market Ottawa team, that barely gets ratings anywhere in the world, including their own country, where even the national broadcaster likes the other team more, wins the game.

This team that is playing the face of the NHL, Sidney Crosby, and his Pittsburg Penguins, who are one of the biggest rating draws in the NHL.

It's just good business sense you know.

D Wakaluk

Dec 8, 2010
stuck in the '90s
So you know more than Pierre & Olcyzk. Sure...

Also, show me the moment where Daley shoved Anderson, because after watching the replay 100 times, that didn't happen anywhere.

Like the rest of the NBC crew, Pierre and Edzo are hilariosly pro Pens. I thought it was a good goal at first but on the replay you really can't miss it, like everyone with eyesight will tell you. Even Edzo caught it in the end.

ShatteredGlass

Dec 19, 2011
Pittsburgh / Vegas
Well...Pierre and Olczyk both have ties to the Pens, so no ****.

Craig Simpson and Jim Hughson didn't think it should have counted. Do they have any ties to the Sens? Nope. Hell, Craig used to play for the Pens.

:laugh: I'm sorry, I was unaware they were still on the Pens' payroll.

You think Pierre would be biased to a team he hasn't worked for since the early 90s, and Olcyzk would be biased to the team that fired him in 2004? Give me a break! Can't make this **** up :laugh:

harrisb

Oct 6, 2009
Just back from the game, Andy was great but he saw almost every shot, as did Murray. Bobby Ryan was the beast on the ice by far, finally using his size and skill to turn pucks over and create chances. Andy saw a to. Of shots but very few were threatening, Hoffman snipes a beauty and game over. That's the game story as I watched it live

YearsintheWilderness

Jul 15, 2007
Oh for sure. Upsets never happen.

Shhhhhhh!

We've got to let the over-confident mentality build.

Although many deny it, teams are susceptible to the general narratives that take hold before games.

Let's all repeat together: THE SENS CAN NEVER WIN

LET'S LOBBY THE NHL TO AWARD THE GAME TO THE PENS

IT'S SIMPLY A FORMALITY

:laugh:

EK65IsAGod

SensWerePrettyPesky
Jul 31, 2011
Maritimes
Translation:

It's pretty obvious from watching this game that the NHL told the refs to call the game in such a way to fix the result so that the small market Ottawa team, that barely gets ratings anywhere in the world, including their own country, where even the national broadcaster likes the other team more, wins the game.

This team that is playing the face of the NHL, Sidney Crosby, and his Pittsburg Penguins, who are one of the biggest rating draws in the NHL.

It's just good business sense you know.

The Great Northern Conspiracy.

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
Congrats to Ottawa and not least Anderson for stealing one.

It sucked a great deal as a Pens fan, as I can't think there is much doubt that we were the much better team even while missing bodies.

Down to game 7 - always a lottery when just one game decides, but I still take comfort in 1: Sully and Murray's record after losses. 2: seeing that we are a great deal better. 3: we won the conference final at home in game 7 last year to break our pathetic home game 7 spell. A series we should also have ended before that point.

Hopefully the breaks are less one-sided in Ottawa's direction in the next one, but it will surely be "heart in your throat" season again.

Anyway, as hockey fans we are supposed to love game7's right?

ehunt29

May 23, 2017
Crosby has been retaliating though. Don't tell me you don't see him slashing and swinging at guys, especially after he fails to win a face-off. He's no saint by any stretch.
If you call Crosby dirty i'll puke. He's the face of the NHL, more over-exposed than the Kardashians. By now if your not a Pens fan you'll hate him. Hardly dirty, unprotected yes. No other sport doesn't protects it's cash cows.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

You think Pierre would be biased to a team he hasn't worked for since the early 90s, and Olcyzk would be biased to the team that fired him in 2004? Give me a break! Can't make this **** up :laugh:

If you can't tell McGuire is still a huge Pens fan, I don't know what to tell you. There's nothing wrong with it, particularly when covering an american team on an american network, but he's a huge Pens homer.

Strait2thecup

Sep 1, 2016

They are insanely biased towards the pens. If you think otherwise you arent listening

Urkie

Mar 21, 2007
Just back from the game, Andy was great but he saw almost every shot, as did Murray. Bobby Ryan was the beast on the ice by far, finally using his size and skill to turn pucks over and create chances. Andy saw a to. Of shots but very few were threatening, Hoffman snipes a beauty and game over. That's the game story as I watched it live

This is what I saw too. It was actually a pretty even game except for parts of the second period.

ShatteredGlass

Dec 19, 2011
Pittsburgh / Vegas
If you can't tell McGuire is still a huge Pens fan, I don't know what to tell you. There's nothing wrong with it, particularly when covering an american team on an american network, but he's a huge Pens homer.

Sure, when you assume that instead of realizing that a person can admire talent instead of ******** on it all the time just because it's not their team, it's easy to reach the conclusion you just did.

Shruggs Peterson

Mar 1, 2017

There's no question about it. The guy sounded like he was on the verge of crying after Game 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad