ECF Game 6 | Penguins @ Senators | 8:00 PM EST | CBC, TVAS, NBCSN PART II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
Not arguing this at all. Although the Murray vs Rinne thing may be a stretch.

The Pens may be a bigger threat than Nashville, but Nashville would absolutely have their way with Ottawa if god-forbid it came down to that

If you're not arguing that Pens>Preds; then Ottawa would have a legit shot, since they pushed the Pens to 7 games.

SAK11

Oct 4, 2011
I guess all these Sens fans know more than the "Penguins-biased-even-though-they-have-no-ties-to-the-Penguins" NBC crew, who have been involved in the game long before many of them were even born. Give me a break. Everyone and their grandmother (except for the ****-show in Toronto) can see that Daley's goal should have counted.

From the first replay, I said it was an obvious no goal. Here was my view:

Daley pushed Andy deeper into the net and then scored. That's clear interference. Now I'm an Ottawa fan, so you probably won't take my opinion seriously. I was with another Sens fan who said the same thing as me, and a Leafs fan who said the same thing, too. Then you had the CBC announcers who said it was an obvious no goal, too. So maybe, it's your bias that's showing here.

Also, it's not Toronto waiving that goal off, it's the refs on the ice.

D Wakaluk

Dec 8, 2010
stuck in the '90s
I guess all these Sens fans know more than the "Penguins-biased-even-though-they-have-no-ties-to-the-Penguins" NBC crew, who have been involved in the game long before many of them were even born. Give me a break. Everyone and their grandmother (except for the ****-show in Toronto) can see that Daley's goal should have counted.

Yeah, it's totally legal to be in the crease and shove the goalie in the net at the same time. Why don't they do that more often?? Oh wait..

ShatteredGlass

∞ Posts Deleted :)
Dec 19, 2011
Pittsburgh / Vegas
I don't believe that the refs are favoring any team in particular but when you let 90% of the stuff go and choose which 10% to call based on score and penalty count, this is what you get.

The NHL has a HUGE problem right now. Start calling the damn rule book the way it was meant to be called. I like physical hockey too but I would rather not watch marginal players be able to tackle stars.

I thought McDavid was a victim. Crosby has it way worse.

This is exactly why this series, and honestly the entire 2017 playoffs has been a joke.

There's zero reason to watch unless your team is still in it. The NHL needs to get their **** together.

ehunt29

May 23, 2017
The wave of pro-Pens assumptions on these boards before the game makes the win all the more enjoyable.

All the pressure on the Pens for game 7.

Anderson the better goalie.

Sens can win if they play their game.

And of course...the Sens have the refs in their pockets...:laugh:
Bottom line is that the better team lost. We can argue about other factors like officiating but my first point is still true.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Bottom line, it'll be hilarious when the Sens inevitably lose, either Game 7 or get slaughtered by Nashville. It'll be almost as sweet as a Stanley Cup win to see the reactions of many on these boards.

If reactions on an Internet forum is even slightly comparable to a Stanley Cup win then you are spending too much time on here.

Harry Kakalovich

Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
G1 Pens had a 5 on 3 ... G6 the Sens did... The first penalty , might have gone uncalled but it was a penalty... you have to call the blatant high stick

Yeah yeah I get it stuff happens but it was chintzy - no pressure not earned. Anderson played great - I'm all for the Sens if they can beat Nashville but they look weak and that game was unconvincing

TonySoprano11

It's a very delicate situation.
Apr 8, 2006
Hayden, ID
Not arguing this at all. Although the Murray vs Rinne thing may be a stretch.

The Pens may be a bigger threat than Nashville, but Nashville would absolutely have their way with Ottawa if god-forbid it came down to that

This was literally what was said before EVERY playoff series the Sens were in this year. And here we are, game 7 of the ECF.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
Pens dominated in Faceoffs
Sens dominated in Giveaways

Has to change for the Sens to have a chance in G7... this 2-1 win was all Andy

The weird thing about the faceoffs is that in Game 6 they Pens were only 40% yet won 7-0. Tonight they won 59% yet could only manage one goal.

Anderson was superb and he rebounded in a major way for them tonight. He should have been the #1 star.

ShatteredGlass

∞ Posts Deleted :)
Dec 19, 2011
Pittsburgh / Vegas
Yeah, it's totally legal to be in the crease and shove the goalie in the net at the same time. Why don't they do that more often?? Oh wait..

So you know more than Pierre & Olcyzk. Sure...

Also, show me the moment where Daley shoved Anderson, because after watching the replay 100 times, that didn't happen anywhere.

MoeManthaMustache

Aug 21, 2007
I mean, Ottawa was really unlucky that Malkin wasn't called for holding Smith's stick right before he scored the lone Pens goal. Is that the kind of luck Ottawa won't have in game 7?

The point being things have to fall a certain way... goal gets called back.. for wahtever reason... a 5 on 3.

These things aren't things that happen to the benefit of one team whether earned or not.

To be crystal clear - I'd say game 7 has more of a probability to look like game 5 as opposed to game 6.

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
This is exactly why this series, and honestly the entire 2017 playoffs has been a joke.

There's zero reason to watch unless your team is still in it. The NHL needs to get their **** together.

Crosby has been retaliating though. Don't tell me you don't see him slashing and swinging at guys, especially after he fails to win a face-off. He's no saint by any stretch.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Thanks for spoiling it for the rest of us! Next time put a spoiler alert on the top of your post.

Even you know my post is close to being correct if not correct...

This is will say, Guy Boucher has done a great job beyond belief after being fired from Tampa....

Ottawa had a great season but they will not be going to the cup.... Not even Tom Brady could beat Pitt in Pitt game 7....

ehunt29

May 23, 2017
I think one of the major causes for the disconnect between fan bases the entire playoffs when it comes to series with the Sens is that the fans of Bos/NY/Pit are getting treated to highly biased broadcasting for the American audience, and basically shilling for the US based team.

Having watched all the games throughout the playoffs, its been beyond frustrating listening to the one sided coverage. It's all praise all the time for Bos/NY/Pit and nothing but Karlsson+ boring Sens.

So, for this series, when Pit fans watch the coverage and post game show they are being told how they actually won the game, but because of bad reffing and a standout performance by a lucky goaltender, the Sens won - but didn't deserve it.

Since I am not in Canada I can't attest to how the Canadian broadcast are for the playoffs, but from watching most Sens game throughout the regular season via Canadian broadcasts, they seem to take a much more professional approach to fairness of coverage.

Honestly, this explains why Bos/NY fans still can't accept the fact they lost (because they were told the entire series what a better team they were) and Pens fans are having trouble accepting that this series is going to a game 7.

Oh and don't get me started to the post game coverage with Milbury basically all but saying the Senators literally suck, and don't deserve to even be on the same ice as the Penguins. That montage of missed calls was so one sided it wasn't even funny.
I watch with the sound off and the Sens are still inferior. Even their coach agrees.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I don't think it's on the players either. They've been through this before, and have succeeded. Their was pressure in game 5 to.

They are going to go out and do exactly what they did tonight, because I pretty sure they are confident they could have had 5 tonight.

Tough to say. The Pens are a veteran team and I still expect them to win.
Ottawa will need to come out stronger to have a chance and Anderson will need to be great.
I also doubt that the Pens are blaming the referees or luck like many of their fans. They know they need to capitalize on their chances including the two early power plays they had. They'll need to score more than one goal to win
Ottawa are still huge underdogs but who knows. They've surprised a lot of times already. I think they'll be pretty relaxed and could have one more surprise yet.
One thing I'll guarantee though. Win or lose I won't be whining about the reffing.

Shimoe

Jun 13, 2011
Norm Green Sucks
You're vastly overrating Letang if you think he's the clearcut best player on the Penguins.

This years power rankings for defensemen have Karlsson at number 1 and Letang at 3 so I don't think that he is overrating Letang at all. They both have similar stats and +/- ratings to boot. Its a horse a piece really. His job is completely different than the other pens you reference, what he brings at the blue line provides the elites with the milk and honey they need to flourish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad