ECF Game 6 | Penguins @ Senators | 8:00 PM EST | CBC, TVAS, NBCSN PART II

Status
Not open for further replies.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Sure, when you assume that instead of realizing that a person can admire talent instead of ******** on it all the time just because it's not their team, it's easy to reach the conclusion you just did.

Yes you can admire talent but McGuire goes over the top. I'm a huge Crosby fan as well but it's not like there aren't other talented players on the ice to admire. Malkin, Karlsson for two.

Shruggs Peterson

Mar 1, 2017
Sure, when you assume that instead of realizing that a person can admire talent instead of ******** on it all the time just because it's not their team, it's easy to reach the conclusion you just did.

C'mon now, he's been a Pens homer for a while and that's fine.

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown
:laugh: I'm sorry, I was unaware they were still on the Pens' payroll.

You think Pierre would be biased to a team he hasn't worked for since the early 90s, and Olcyzk would be biased to the team that fired him in 2004? Give me a break! Can't make this **** up :laugh:

You do know that Pierre has openly talked about wanting to have Sidney's children going all the way back to the World Junior championships?

ShatteredGlass

∞ Posts Deleted :)
Dec 19, 2011
Pittsburgh / Vegas
Yes you can admire talent but McGuire goes over the top. I'm a huge Crosby fan as well but it's not like there aren't other talented players on the ice to admire. Malkin, Karlsson for two.

He's definitely given tons of props to Karlsson and other Sens players.

It seems like some fans only listen when it's praise for the Pens.

Every team has talented players, and they've pointed those players out when those players have done well. There is no Pens bias.

SensBrawler

Jun 24, 2013
:laugh: I'm sorry, I was unaware they were still on the Pens' payroll.

You think Pierre would be biased to a team he hasn't worked for since the early 90s, and Olcyzk would be biased to the team that fired him in 2004? Give me a break! Can't make this **** up :laugh:

Just because they're not on the team anymore doesn't mean they don't still have biases. They have connections to their former teams. It's natural to feel that way

It's a fairly common opinion that Pierre's a Pens homer. He absolutely loves Crosby. I mean:

https://hfboards.mandatory.com/poll.php?do=showresults&pollid=145589

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

Every team has talented players, and they've pointed those players out when those players have done well. There is no Pens bias.

If there's anyone with selective hearing.....

Shruggs Peterson

Mar 1, 2017
Yep. We get a segment of him every morning on the local sports radio station and he gushes over the Penguins and Crosby in particular

If there wasn't the slightest chance that he would get to pull out his "Double Dion" catchphrase this series, he might forget the Pens are playing Ottawa.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
The best SCF for the average NHL fan is Pekka Rinne vs. Sidney Crosby!!!!!

Few can argue this....

Sure. But if the Pens don't win game 7 few would argue that they deserve to play Nashville. This is sports. Not a popularity contest for the fans. If you want that watch Dancing with the Stars b

SAK11

Oct 4, 2011

There are other Pens fans on this message saying that the right call was made on the Daley no-goal. You're really hung up on this play and in thinking that Pierre is some hockey genius who's opinion shouldn't be questioned. After game 1 Pierre came on Ottawa radio and said Ottawa won because of divine intervention, essentially attributing the win to luck. He loves the Pens, and he loves Crosby. He works for NBC so it's fine, but what's not fine is that you can't seem to see that he has an obvious bias.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC

Yeah there's bias from McGuire. Doesn't bother me as I usually mute him but it is sickening listening to him fawn over Crosby.

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
Congrats to Ottawa and not least Anderson for stealing one.

It sucked a great deal as a Pens fan, as I can't think there is much doubt that we were the much better team even while missing bodies.

Down to game 7 - always a lottery when just one game decides, but I still take comfort in 1: Sully and Murray's record after losses. 2: seeing that we are a great deal better. 3: we won the conference final at home in game 7 last year to break our pathetic home game 7 spell. A series we should also have ended before that point.

Hopefully the breaks are less one-sided in Ottawa's direction in the next one, but it will surely be "heart in your throat" season again.

Anyway, as hockey fans we are supposed to love game7's right?

Well, Pens won game 7 against the Caps while being outplayed for the majority of the series. It happens. Could happen here and it wouldnt be unfair.

No fans from the teams playing love game 7. Dear lord is it awful.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Sure. But if the Pens don't win game 7 few would argue that they deserve to play Nashville. This is sports. Not a popularity contest for the fans. If you want that watch Dancing with the Stars b

But aren't they entitled? I mean I'm getting that vibe

Shimoe

Jun 13, 2011
Norm Green Sucks
Yeah!

It's why Uncle Gary told the refs to rig the series in favour of the Sens. Just like how he saved the Pens in Pittsburgh by giving them Crosby, he's going to save the Sens from moving to Quebec City by gifting them the Stanley Cup.

:propeller

Oh please, if anything, the NHL would want the ratings draw from a Pitt-Nash Cup.
- Did the better team win tonight...no, it happens
- The refs had to call the 2nd penalty that led to the 5-3, it was flat out obvious
- Andersson flat out stole the game, he stopped 45/46 shots, was the NHL involved in that?
- Ott didn't even sell out tonight, why would the NHL want to protect a city that can't sell out a conf final elim game?

Pikesburgh

May 1, 2016
That was the worst officiated game I've ever seen. It's clear as day the NHL wants Ottawa to win. The entire series has been ****. I have a Flyers "friend" emphasis on the quotations, who (while of course laughing at the Pens) even admitted the refs are letting Ottawa get away with everything and call Pittsburgh on everything. When a friggen Flyer fan agrees, you know it's rigged.

ShatteredGlass

∞ Posts Deleted :)
Dec 19, 2011
Pittsburgh / Vegas
There are other Pens fans on this message saying that the right call was made on the Daley no-goal. You're really hung up on this play and in thinking that Pierre is some hockey genius who's opinion shouldn't be questioned. After game 1 Pierre came on Ottawa radio and said Ottawa won because of divine intervention, essentially attributing the win to luck. He loves the Pens, and he loves Pittsburgh. He works for NBC so it's fine, but what's not fine is that you can't seem to see that he has an obvious bias.

And those fans are wrong. I can disagree with fellow Pens fans.

It's just pretty striking when you've been following a sport for over 20 years and an "expert" shares the same thought as you. Just because there are people at home who have never and could never be employed professionally to give their "expert" opinions sitting on their computers/phones who disagree...that doesn't necessarily mean those people are correct. ;)

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Malkin and Bobby Ryan have been the best forwards in this series. Bobby was in Crosby's kitchen today from the middle of the 2nd period, good to see Big Game Bobby having success for the Sens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad