ECF Game 6 | Penguins @ Senators | 8:00 PM EST | CBC, TVAS, NBCSN PART II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Im not sure any of this is true.

I'm not concerned at all for game 7, still very confident. I don't think Ottawa is going to luck into a waved off goal and a 5 on 3 situation. I don't think "their game" held up very well tonight, they were very fortunate... good to get that once... but I don't think lightning strikes twice.

You don't luck into a waived off goal, that was absoluely not a legit goal. It would be terrible luck for Ottawa had that counted.

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
Bottom line, it'll be hilarious when the Sens inevitably lose, either Game 7 or get slaughtered by Nashville. It'll be almost as sweet as a Stanley Cup win to see the reactions of many on these boards.

Pittsburgh is a much bigger threat than Nashville, are you kidding me?

Preds have the better D core; but Pens offense is lethal comparatively.

Murray = Rinne; although Rinne has been in the spotlight and has been playing quite well.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC

I'm not concerned at all for game 7, still very confident. I don't think Ottawa is going to luck into a waved off goal and a 5 on 3 situation. I don't think "their game" held up very well tonight, they were very fortunate... good to get that once... but I don't think lightning strikes twice.

Its great that you're confident. But when he said the pressure was on the Pens I think he meant the players not the fans. Unless of course you're Sid. In which case I retract my post. :)

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
You don't luck into a waived off goal, that was absoluely not a legit goal. It would be terrible luck for Ottawa had that counted.

They actually play a quick hand of texas holdem ... and the refs watch ...if the sens player wins the hand ... no goal . They don't have replays to review :laugh:

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
Which is kind of my whole point? Outside of Ottawa, no one really cares. If you need further proof, even your own city doesn't seem to really care, judging by the non-sellout in Game 6 of an ECF?

Yeah!

It's why Uncle Gary told the refs to rig the series in favour of the Sens. Just like how he saved the Pens in Pittsburgh by giving them Crosby, he's going to save the Sens from moving to Quebec City by gifting them the Stanley Cup.

:propeller

McDeepika

Aug 14, 2004
I don't believe that the refs are favoring any team in particular but when you let 90% of the stuff go and choose which 10% to call based on score and penalty count, this is what you get.

The NHL has a HUGE problem right now. Start calling the damn rule book the way it was meant to be called. I like physical hockey too but I would rather not watch marginal players be able to tackle stars.

I thought McDavid was a victim. Crosby has it way worse.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Ottawa did well pulling out this game but the odds of them beating Pitt in Pitt are around 20-1...

The Cup will have two American Head coaches for the first time in history!!!

Go Music City!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for spoiling it for the rest of us! Next time put a spoiler alert on the top of your post.

YearsintheWilderness

Jul 15, 2007

They won't have a goal waved off if they score and there is no goalie interference (or any other infraction that negates it).

They won't face a five on three if:
--they don't take a penalty while playing 5 on 5 and then subsequently take another penalty when already one man short.

This I can guarantee (well, almost)...

:laugh:

MoeManthaMustache

Aug 21, 2007

luck is a bad word to use.. but you get my point. Given inconsistency of NHL officials in those types of things - you don't know what they will see any given night.

ehunt29

May 23, 2017
Okay, for the billionth time, the league and the refs don't go out and plan to make more calls for one team over the other. Both fanbases need to get over it. [If this series hasn't already shown you that by having questionable and missed calls for both teams]
You're wrong there is bias and manipulation, don't be so innocent. This is business and hockey is being contorted into some cynical representation of a sport which we love because of it's speed and skill.

ShatteredGlass

∞ Posts Deleted :)
Dec 19, 2011
Pittsburgh / Vegas
I guess all these Sens fans know more than the "Penguins-biased-even-though-they-have-no-ties-to-the-Penguins" NBC crew, who have been involved in the game long before many of them were even born. Give me a break. Everyone and their grandmother (except for the ****-show in Toronto) can see that Daley's goal should have counted.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Pretty chintzy 5 on 3 to decide the game - pretty crappy game - whoever wins this series better beat Nashville

G1 Pens had a 5 on 3 ... G6 the Sens did... The first penalty , might have gone uncalled but it was a penalty... you have to call the blatant high stick

MoeManthaMustache

Aug 21, 2007
Its great that you're confident. But when he said the pressure was on the Pens I think he meant the players not the fans. Unless of course you're Sid. In which case I retract my post. :)

I don't think it's on the players either. They've been through this before, and have succeeded. Their was pressure in game 5 to.

They are going to go out and do exactly what they did tonight, because I pretty sure they are confident they could have had 5 tonight.

TonySoprano11

It's a very delicate situation.
Apr 8, 2006
Hayden, ID
I think one of the major causes for the disconnect between fan bases the entire playoffs when it comes to series with the Sens is that the fans of Bos/NY/Pit are getting treated to highly biased broadcasting for the American audience, and basically shilling for the US based team.

Having watched all the games throughout the playoffs, its been beyond frustrating listening to the one sided coverage. It's all praise all the time for Bos/NY/Pit and nothing but Karlsson+ boring Sens.

So, for this series, when Pit fans watch the coverage and post game show they are being told how they actually won the game, but because of bad reffing and a standout performance by a lucky goaltender, the Sens won - but didn't deserve it.

Since I am not in Canada I can't attest to how the Canadian broadcast are for the playoffs, but from watching most Sens game throughout the regular season via Canadian broadcasts, they seem to take a much more professional approach to fairness of coverage.

Honestly, this explains why Bos/NY fans still can't accept the fact they lost (because they were told the entire series what a better team they were) and Pens fans are having trouble accepting that this series is going to a game 7.

Oh and don't get me started to the post game coverage with Milbury basically all but saying the Senators literally suck, and don't deserve to even be on the same ice as the Penguins. That montage of missed calls was so one sided it wasn't even funny.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
luck is a bad word to use.. but you get my point. Given inconsistency of NHL officials in those types of things - you don't know what they will see any given night.

I mean, Ottawa was really unlucky that Malkin wasn't called for holding Smith's stick right before he scored the lone Pens goal. Is that the kind of luck Ottawa won't have in game 7?

ShatteredGlass

∞ Posts Deleted :)
Dec 19, 2011
Pittsburgh / Vegas
Pittsburgh is a much bigger threat than Nashville, are you kidding me?

Preds have the better D core; but Pens offense is lethal comparatively.

Murray = Rinne; although Rinne has been in the spotlight and has been playing quite well.

Not arguing this at all. Although the Murray vs Rinne thing may be a stretch.

The Pens may be a bigger threat than Nashville, but Nashville would absolutely have their way with Ottawa if god-forbid it came down to that

SensBrawler

Jun 24, 2013
I guess all these Sens fans know more than the "Penguins-biased-even-though-they-have-no-ties-to-the-Penguins" NBC crew, who have been involved in the game long before many of them were even born. Give me a break. Everyone and their grandmother (except for the ****-show in Toronto) can see that Daley's goal should have counted.

HNIC crew said it shouldn't have counted. They have no ties to the Sens.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Pens dominated in Faceoffs
Sens dominated in Giveaways

Has to change for the Sens to have a chance in G7... this 2-1 win was all Andy

Yep. Frustrating to read this thread and not a single post is mentioning Anderson for pages at a time.
He was great tonight.

Just Rude

"I'm listening to the *** song!!!"
Oct 15, 2005
Clearly someone outside of Ottawa cares as there have been a lot of people taking the time to post on here and taking shots at the Sens.

So what? I'm a hockey fan that watches pretty much every game of the playoffs, and happens to dislike the Sens, and wants to the Pens to win. What's your point?

Is this not the GDT? Or do I have to bring my pom poms in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad