Laval Rocket: ECF Game 1 @ Springfield Thunderbirds (Laval Loses 2-1 in OT) - Laval Down 1-0 Series

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Wonder if we’re waiting for a loss to make some changes

It's possible that is what will happen. But we also have to remember that there are Kevin Roy, DSP, and JC Beaudin on the sidelines waiting to get in, as well. And they have more experience than both Roy and Kidney. So JF Houle could end up preferring guys with experience if he will indeed make changes.

It's ust like any coach in the playoffs, they will go with the same line-up that's had success so far. I would absolutely love it if Roy gets in the line-up, but no one really deserves to be taken out after they've been having success with this group of guys.

The way I view it, Kidney and Roy are mostly there to be around the team and pick up on things and learn what it takes to be a pro on and off the ice. And if one or both get in the line-up, it will be a bonus.

SwiftyHab

Sponsor
Apr 18, 2004
Platinum Member
It's possible that is what will happen. But we also have to remember that there are Kevin Roy, DSP, and JC Beaudin on the sidelines waiting to get in, as well. And they have more experience than both Roy and Kidney. So JF Houle could end up preferring guys with experience if he will indeed make changes.

It's ust like any coach in the playoffs, they will go with the same line-up that's had success so far. I would absolutely love it if Roy gets in the line-up, but no one really deserves to be taken out after they've been having success with this group of guys.

The way I view it, Kidney and Roy are mostly there to be around the team and pick up on things and learn what it takes to be a pro on and off the ice. And if one or both get in the line-up, it will be a bonus.

Agree that there’s value in being in that atmosphere but you also have the Qs leading scorer with you and there a chance you get the PK Subban situation here when Markova was hurt and you discover a game breaker that can help bring your team to the next level.

Not so much maybe with Kidney but I’d argue that if you can get Guhle later or maybe even Xaj3Q (sp?) that Houle has to think about it

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Brandon Gignac is supposed to be sick.

He missed practice yesterday because he was sick. But he is still set to play tonight. And if he is pulled out of the line-up last minute because he's still sick, then Kevin Roy will take his place. Because he is who replaced him at practice yesterday.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
It won't be Charlie Lindgren in nets for Springfield:

Hofer is first in GAA and SV% in the playoffs. He's only played 4 games so far (it helps when Springfield have swept their opponents).
Primeau is 4th in GAA and 5th in SV%. He's played 7 games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad