ECF Game 1 | Senators @ Penguins | 7:00 PM ET | NBC CBC SN TVAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaftception

Apr 6, 2011
Because it isn't 2-2 and the same play from stone that got called doesn't get called when it was a pen committing the infraction. Not that hard to understand really.

The other 3 are obvious penalties. No complaint from me on those.

I agree, but the level of complaining does not match that which would be justified for one missed call and you know it.

Without the 3 indisputable penalties, this has been a practically evenly called game barring likely one or two misses. And jabbing a goalie's glove covering the puck is goalie interference, no late whistle necessary.

Hell I'll even give you the hypothetical this could be a 3-2 pp game in favor of Ottawa if you're suggesting Ottawa haven't committed more than 2 non-automatic penalties that have been missed. In that scenario, where's the conspiracy? Where's the screw job?

What's happening is the 3 automatic penalties skewing the totals are the cause of the complaining. No one complains over one or two missed calls in a 3-4 total powerplays game.

illpucks

May 26, 2011
Really weird comebacks from ottawa fans. Just don't watch??? We're hockey fans, we love hockey, and we're hoping for a good game given there's less than a month of hockey left. Unfortunately ottawa is playing anti-hockey and trying their best to kill this game, like they did all season long. Pitt should just pull a Flyers move to show what ottawa is really doing.

Look the Sens lost in '03 in the ECF to a Devils team that played like this. 14 years later they are trying to use their opponents strategy to advance...

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
Pens fans complaining about the trap?

LOL, what do they ****ing think their team, was doing for the last 7 minutes of game 7 against the caps? Playing patty cake?

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Really weird comebacks from ottawa fans. Just don't watch??? We're hockey fans, we love hockey, and we're hoping for a good game given there's less than a month of hockey left. Unfortunately ottawa is playing anti-hockey and trying their best to kill this game, like they did all season long. Pitt should just pull a Flyers move to show what ottawa is really doing.

Sign the Senators entire team and fanbase up

Ocoee

Sep 1, 2010
Denver
I'm a Pens fan but if pitt wants to avoid the trap then get the ****ing lead off of 5 pp chances.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
Obviously, the at least one of you saw something in this game that supposedly should make people realize Erik Karlsson is the best in the NHL. But the fact is, Karlsson has been a complete non-factor and made some pretty bad plays defensively. Best in the league maybe at giveaways...

he seems so lost in the D zone sometimes.. i think he kinda bails himself out positionally by having such a good stick, a couple times i've seen him lose his man while puck watching but then bats the pass out of the air and creates the breakout. it's not really trashing him cause i mean, he's always ready to pick the puck, 2 hands on the stick and the stick on the ice.. i dunno

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Pit is going to adjust and bring it in the third. Anderson is going to need to continue coming up huge.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Still a lot of hockey to be played. But it never ceases to be funny when people complain about the trap

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
It exists. You just need to throw the puck in, have a fast/big guy come in and get it, crush the guy on D then dig it toward the net for some dirty goals. Of course, Pens are out Letang and Daley right now so, yeah. Pens will score goals, but it's going to be a war just to get one now. It's awful hockey, but I'd rather watch winning awful hockey than all the firewagon offence crap Murray subjected us to over the years. Boucher forever!

They obviously haven't heard about Anderson's puck-handling ability.

They tried the wraparound a couple times in the 2nd period, his other weakness.

The dump-in is his other weakness. Get him to play the puck, and just go to the slot for the pass.

Finesse

nostromo
Dec 9, 2013
Pens fans complaining about the trap?

LOL, what do they ****ing think their team, was doing for the last 7 minutes of game 7 against the caps? Playing patty cake?

From what I can recall, it looked like Sid was chopping off players fingers left and right and the team was paying off the refs. Pretty embarrassing to be honest.

voiceofreason666*

Mar 10, 2015
he seems so lost in the D zone sometimes.. i think he kinda bails himself out positionally by having such a good stick, a couple times i've seen him lose his man while puck watching but then bats the pass out of the air and creates the breakout. it's not really trashing him cause i mean, he's always ready to pick the puck, 2 hands on the stick and the stick on the ice.. i dunno

Guentzel in the first period was a pretty good example of this

JBose7

Jun 7, 2013
Im a Pens fan and dont care how Ottawa chooses to defend. We shouldve buried them with power play goals and instead we have half the team loafing thru the game.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Number of penalties doesn't matter. When you miss 70% (to put a number to it) of the penalties one team commits, and 5% of penalties the opponents commit, there is an obvious bias.

Refs have missed some blatant calls against the pens tonight.
Lol of course it doesn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad