ECF Game 1 | Senators @ Penguins | 7:00 PM ET | NBC CBC SN TVAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

source

Jul 13, 2008
As a neutral guy who respects Boucher and his system a lot, I'd be very surprised if Ottawa won this one, let alone winning another one in the series or making it to SCF. I truly enjoy seeing the Sens frustrate the Pens with their own ways and as a hockey fan I like it; but in the long run, this doesn't look like it will bode well. Only a matter of time before the Pens start scoring. A lot.

This game should be 2-0 Ottawa. The Pens haven't had that many great looks; I don't foresee the floodgates bursting on the Sens.

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
LOL?

"His ability to get lost is the reason Malkin is not on the top 100 list."

Scotty Pucks

Bring back “Doop” as Flyers Goal Song
Apr 1, 2012
Pennsylvania
What a bum team Ottawa is. Pens need to shoot the damn puck

If you're bored of the game, go to sleep, or watch something else. Game should be 2-0 anyways even after the refs bias and 5 unanswered penalties, two of which combined into a 5-3 for 1:15 minutes. :laugh:

No sympathy from me that you're not enjoying a game in which you're losing and creating bs narratives of boring hockey. Get the hell out of here with that crap.

GO
SENS
GO
You're my Karlsson.

Brewsky

King Of The Ice Mugs
Jan 26, 2011
King County
www.brewsky.com
I wish someone invented an offensive juggernaut system that would kill the trap, I mean absolutely destroy it so we never see it again.

Such a boring system, I'm not speaking on its effectiveness, I'm calling the system as boring as watching paint dry.

Ocoee

Sep 1, 2010
Denver
Pens cant complain that the sens are trapping. That is what Boucher does historically. They knew what to expect and have had 5 PP's and have not scored. They hit two posts early. If the Sens win by trapping then good for them.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Refs have been fine. There's no rule that says refs have to dish out the same number of penalties for each team. Avoid making stupid mistakes and you won't have to go on a lot of PKs. There have been some lopsided poorly reffed games in the playoffs. This is not one of them.

West Coast Eagles

Sep 24, 2008
Bne
So the calls would be 2-2 then? Where's the problem?

Because it isn't 2-2 and the same play from stone that got called doesn't get called when it was a pen committing the infraction. Inconsistency is just annoying

The other 3 are obvious penalties. No complaint from me on those.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Not Ottawa's fault. When the Rangers scored, the games were crazy exciting, huge comebacks, etc. I blame Pittsburgh for making this game boring.

Exactly.

Why change a thing if you're Ottawa, as long as it works.

Pens averaged like 5 shots per game against Washington. They've been boring to watch for a while now.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
I wish someone invented an offensive juggernaut system that would kill the trap, I mean absolutely destroy it so we never see it again.

Such a boring system, I'm not speaking on its effectiveness, I'm calling the system as boring as watching paint dry.

Then why watch? I don't get it. If it bores you turn it off? Or watch WWE

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa

Edmonton?

Just Rude

"I'm listening to the *** song!!!"
Oct 15, 2005
But does it vary randomly or by jersey color?

Yes, because it goes without saying in the 1/100th of a second he had to make that call with the puck under Fleury's pad, "Hey, here's a chance to screw Ottawa!"

Seriously. Get over the "woe is us" syndrome. The refs are not out to benefit the Penguins, and screw over the Sens. It's nothing but hyperbole.

Your team is in the ECF, and shutting down a pretty high-octane offense after two periods. Enjoy it. This "refs are out to screw us" rhetoric, with no substance whatsoever, is kind of embarrassing for you guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad