ECF Game 1 | Senators @ Penguins | 7:00 PM ET | NBC CBC SN TVAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
Refs have been fine. There's no rule that says refs have to dish out the same number of penalties for each team. Avoid making stupid mistakes and you won't have to go on a lot of PKs. There have been some lopsided poorly reffed games in the playoffs. This is not one of them.

Bingo.

Tryamw

Loyal Fan of Jerks
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2016
Durham
I want Ottawa to win. I'd hope Zombies would beat the Pens...
But I agreed with the no goal call. The stick went under the glove like a spatula under a pancake. If the stick had been caught by the glove I'd think it should have counted.
So anyway Pens catch the flu or measles or something and lose the series. And be better in a week or 2. :)

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Pens cant complain that the sens are trapping. That is what Boucher does historically. They knew what to expect and have had 5 PP's and have not scored. They hit two posts early. If the Sens win by trapping then good for them.

Bingo. If you cannot score on 5 PPs at home then there is no reason to complain about the other team's strategy. Sens play a style that gives them the best chance to win. They've had games where there have been a lot of goals scored. It's not like every game they play is low scoring.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
I wish someone invented an offensive juggernaut system that would kill the trap, I mean absolutely destroy it so we never see it again.

Such a boring system, I'm not speaking on its effectiveness, I'm calling the system as boring as watching paint dry.

Every fan feels that when their team is getting shut out. Pens are getting ZERO traffic in front of Anderson and are looking for pretty goals. Get some traffic, up the emotion, don't blame Ottawa for playing to win, blame Pitt for not playing to win

Karl Eriksson

Boring!
Apr 12, 2007
Ottawa
When the sens play fast and loose....they are lucky
When the sens play structured hockey...they are boring

Never stop never stopping HF

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
All the people complaining about trapping must be fans of teams whose coaches can't adjust their game plan to address a tactical play style. In that case, the other team deserves the win.

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
That should read " his ability to not be Canadian is why he is not on the top 100 list" lol

I don't come here to bury Malkin. But I'm not here to praise him either.

I see his cool-under-pressure puck handling, where he takes advantage of his reach and vision from, well, being taller. His shot's alright.

I really want to see something fantastic.

Hullois

Suck it Trebek
Aug 26, 2010
Hull, Qc
Really weird comebacks from ottawa fans. Just don't watch??? We're hockey fans, we love hockey, and we're hoping for a good game given there's less than a month of hockey left. Unfortunately ottawa is playing anti-hockey and trying their best to kill this game, like they did all season long. Pitt should just pull a Flyers move to show what ottawa is really doing.

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
I wish someone invented an offensive juggernaut system that would kill the trap, I mean absolutely destroy it so we never see it again.

Such a boring system, I'm not speaking on its effectiveness, I'm calling the system as boring as watching paint dry.

It exists. You just need to throw the puck in, have a fast/big guy come in and get it, crush the guy on D then dig it toward the net for some dirty goals. Of course, Pens are out Letang and Daley right now so, yeah. Pens will score goals, but it's going to be a war just to get one now. It's awful hockey, but I'd rather watch winning awful hockey than all the firewagon offence crap Murray subjected us to over the years. Boucher forever!

voiceofreason666*

Mar 10, 2015
And I addressed "Anyone out there want to admit they are starting to think Erik Karlsson might be the best player in the game?".

Obviously, the at least one of you saw something in this game that supposedly should make people realize Erik Karlsson is the best in the NHL. But the fact is, Karlsson has been a complete non-factor and made some pretty bad plays defensively. Best in the league maybe at giveaways...

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
Really weird comebacks from ottawa fans. Just don't watch??? We're hockey fans, we love hockey, and we're hoping for a good game given there's less than a month of hockey left. Unfortunately ottawa is playing anti-hockey and trying their best to kill this game, like they did all season long. Pitt should just pull a Flyers move to show what ottawa is really doing.

I would be interested in this event

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Malkin leading the playoffs in points, but not a top 100 player because he gets "lost"?

How does Kypreos have a job?

JBose7

Jun 7, 2013
Get the puck below the goalline and cycle. Repeat. A liitle flat after a emotional win after game 7 but still a opportunity to win game 1 here. Put Kessel with Bonino and Wilson and Put Sheary back up with Crosby and Rust back with Malkin. Lets get it done boys!

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
Bingo. If you cannot score on 5 PPs at home then there is no reason to complain about the other team's strategy. Sens play a style that gives them the best chance to win. They've had games where there have been a lot of goals scored. It's not like every game they play is low scoring.

I agree. I hate the trap but the pens are fast and skilled enough to beat it... its the netfront d and Anderson doing good right now... the trap is a secondary matter to the success the sens are having...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad