Pre-Game Talk: ECF GAME 1 8:13 PM 5/9 - Hello Whalercanes, Welcome Back to Boston - NBCSN, CBC, SN(4K), TVAS, 98.5

Which team will win Game 1?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
giphy.gif

Because Dougie is "that guy"

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Texted my mom this morning to see what she wanted to do for Mother’s Day now that the schedule is out.

E1ADECE7-939C-4076-B128-17797344578E.png

For the record, the wah wah wah text was about the fan reaction to something in Game 6 :laugh:

When people ask me why I am the way I am, I ask them if they’ve met my mother.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Not feeling great about the D group without Chuck. However this team has fought through adversity all year and I don’t expect tonight to be the exception.
Only one game without Charlie. I hope everyone doesn't crap all over Steve K. before the game even starts.

He has been decent in many of the games he has played this season. He isn't Charlie but he is a good backup d man IMO.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Only one game without Charlie. I hope everyone doesn't crap all over Steve K. before the game even starts.

He has been decent in many of the games he has played this season. He isn't Charlie but he is a good backup d man IMO.

Kampf should be good enough to survive for one game, right?

We just need to get him some good matchups and he’ll be fine!

Go-Bs

aguineapig

Texted my mom this morning to see what she wanted to do for Mother’s Day now that the schedule is out.

View attachment 225995

For the record, the wah wah wah text was about the fan reaction to something in Game 6 :laugh:

When people ask me why I am the way I am, I ask them if they’ve met my mother.
My mom never cared much for sports,too busy with a tribe of eight of us, Pop was meat and potatoes Irish and the trinity of sports were Basesball, Basketball and Football. After i dropped all those and played only hockey his nickname for me was "The Canuck". After the battle royal for the TV, B'S vs. Mary Tyler Moore or whatever with siblings(usually would win would never give in Pop would declare "go watch the other show on the black & white" as color TV in living room was only one with cable. And then a funny thing happened! Mom took a liking to watching the B's (maybe her French Canadian heritage?). I now had an ally in the TV claim and never had worry again! I t was lunch pail AC Cherry era and soon Mom learned about The Great Gentleman Jean Ratelle, the magic of Ricky Middleton,the tenacious terror Terry O'Reilly and the the chessmaster like game of Brad Park.She would feign horror of the puglistic punch ups of the day but i know inside she was cheering for Stan Jonathan " give that Bouchard hell and hand him his teeth on a platter"! Meet me on the other side in the penalty box Mom, i'll tell you all about the Cup we won in 2019!

8thRoundPick

Sep 19, 2007
Sudbury
We should make a plan to meet up in October (when it is so pretty in New England). The games are cheaper . I think it would be fun to meet folks I have been chatting B's with for years.

We could even do a pre season game in Sept.

What about opening night, to celebrate the Stanley Cup banner raising? I never had the chance to do it last time, but I want to make the 800 mile drive to see my first Bruins home game ever - and to have that game be a banner-raising night!

Reactions: Ladyfan

Lady Rhian

The Only Good Indian
Jan 9, 2003
Lakes Region, NH
Was really hoping we’d avoid the dreaded May 14th game
My son told me that history dictates that the Bruins will lose game 3 because of the May 14th curse on the Bruins. He told me to be grateful that it's not game 7.

I told that 25 year old boy to get to bed, that that kind of trash talk wasn't allowed in my house. :laugh:

Boston Bandit

Aug 2, 2005
How the Bruins and Hurricanes match up – Boston Herald

The Bruins have survived a team that has wanted to run them out of the rink with their speed in the Toronto Maple Leafs. They knocked off a team that tried to beat them up in the Columbus Blue Jackets.

Now they’re facing another speed team, but one that also has a bit of that physical edge. Will it be the best of both worlds for the Carolina Hurricanes, or not enough of either? We shall see, but they’ve managed to get this far by crawling over the body of the former Stanley Cup champion Washington Capitals, though they caught a break in the second round in facing the nomadic Islanders in Brooklyn.

Either way, the B’s should be ready for both elements.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad