Pre-Game Talk: ECF GAME 1 8:13 PM 5/9 - Hello Whalercanes, Welcome Back to Boston - NBCSN, CBC, SN(4K), TVAS, 98.5

Which team will win Game 1?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
I am 66 and always got a fed tax return. I am NOT pleased with out "leaders" in the USA screwing the middle class yet again and lying about it.

I always got a federal tax return and I am 83, this year I had to pay because of caps on deductions and removal of deductions. F the WH leaders. Seniors with fixed income are getting killed by our government Federal and State of NJ.

Sports take my mind off the crap in the news everyday. Thankfully, the Bruins are still in the playoff. I can't watch the Red Sox unless they play a NY team. Celtic's are done. Pats haven't started. So it is all Bruins right through to the Cup, then the parade.

nazartp

Apr 5, 2006
I always got a federal tax return and I am 83, this year I had to pay because of caps on deductions and removal of deductions. F the WH leaders. Seniors with fixed income are getting killed by our government Federal and State of NJ.

Sports take my mind off the crap in the news everyday. Thankfully, the Bruins are still in the playoff. I can't watch the Red Sox unless they play a NY team. Celtic's are done. Pats haven't started. So it is all Bruins right through to the Cup, then the parade.

Yea, everyone in the high income tax states are screwed. Realistically, though, why should any person in a low tax state pay for cockamamie ideas of NJ, California, NY and the like? But that's a discussion for another thread, I guess. Go B's!

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Not sure what age has to do with it but still more reason not to get a tax refund, which actually means you are losing money.

Have the least amount taken out and let the government get your money when you are good and ready to up til April 14th.

Then you are the one investing it and getting return from it, not the government.
I try and do that but this year it was a bit unpredictable. I usually get between 500-1000 back which isn't a lot ...This year I paid $1980. That is a big difference to me.

I don't want my tax money being used for someone's endless golf weekends .

Reactions: KnightofBoston

nazartp

Apr 5, 2006
I try and do that but this year it was a bit unpredictable. I usually get between 500-1000 back which isn't a lot ...This year I paid $1980. That is a big difference to me.

I don't want my tax money being used for someone's endless golf weekends .

Did the amount withheld per pay period change? Can't say for everyone, but several people that I know, including me, paid less per pay period, but ended up paying in the end. I was still net positive, i.e., paid less overall taxes over the course of the year counting withholding and final adjustment.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Did the amount withheld per pay period change? Can't say for everyone, but several people that I know, including me, paid less per pay period, but ended up paying in the end. I was still net positive, i.e., paid less overall taxes over the course of the year counting withholding and final adjustment.
Nope....I got screwed this year. I changed my withholdings now but it did not help this year.

Sorry for OT...back to winning tonight !!

GO B's

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
Same here

Roll 4 Lines

Pastafarian!
Nov 6, 2008
In The Midnight Hour
They've had a few bad results on that day. Game 7 in '09, Game 7 in '10, Game 1 vs Tampa in '11, Game 7 in '14

tumblr_on3pitShzX1um2igbo2_r1_540.gif

Worst part is I go to Memphis every year for the BBQ cookoff, and I watched all of those games in Memphis, except '10.

Yes, I'll be in Memphis next week, but not for games 6 & 7.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

17of26

Sep 9, 2008
Yea, everyone in the high income tax states are screwed. Realistically, though, why should any person in a low tax state pay for cockamamie ideas of NJ, California, NY and the like? But that's a discussion for another thread, I guess. Go B's!

I realize this is off topic land, but NY and NJ actually pay more in federal taxes than they receive: The 10 States That Give More to the Feds Than They Get Back

The states with high taxes also have high earnings, so they wind up contributing a lot more in federal taxes.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Got screwed tax wise too this year. It sucks.

Anyhoo...

I don't want to work today but I have meetings :/

Hopefully I'll leave by 4:30 and then I can get home and take a quick cat nap before dinner and the game.

Reactions: Ladyfan

Roll 4 Lines

Pastafarian!
Nov 6, 2008
In The Midnight Hour
longest workday ever!!!!

Drop the puck already!!!!

WE GOT THIS!!!!!

What the F is with all of the 8:00 start times????? That sucks bigtime.
It works for me, cuz I got band rehearsal every Thursday, so I've missed a lot of games. The one week we changed it to Tuesday ended up being game 7 against TO. DOH.
With the 8:15 start I can prolly catch the last half of the game, or so.

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
SORRY !! GO B's !
No problem, hope I didn't come across as being a arse, didn't mean it that way.
For what its worth, our taxes sucked too this year.

Hope the regulars are on the score sheet, and a few of the unusual suspects , Heinen and a a few goals from
the D. Hope for a severe B's beat down.

Reactions: Ladyfan

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
longest workday ever!!!!

Drop the puck already!!!!

WE GOT THIS!!!!!

What the F is with all of the 8:00 start times????? That sucks bigtime.

It's 8:00 for the rest of the post-season.

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT
I feel Pastrnak is going to run wild in this series

Jakey looked like he was about to bust open at the end of last series... skating better than he has all post season. Hoping this little break gives everyone some jump. I look for JD to come up big this series as well. Also feel like Coyle could dominate.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I feel good about this series (like against CBJ) even though Carolina has been playing good hockey for awhile now.

I feel like Boston is the deepest team left playing, which is huge in the playoffs. Cassidy needs to keep rolling 4 lines and wearing teams down. CAR relies more heavily on their Top 3 D, while Boston spreads out the their Top 4 D minutes more evenly.

Both teams have scoring spread out up and down the roster. CAR has been great 5 on 5 but they have also been a bit lucky IMO. Three of their leading scorers are carrying shooting percentages that should not be sustainable and are well above their season averages. Foegele is at 31, Staal 29, Teravainen 19. The Canes get Ferland back, but you have to wonder if he’s 100% (the same could be said for Mrazek).

The special teams favor the Bruins in a big way. The B’s PP is one of the best and the Canes PK is only at 75%. On the flip side, CAR’s PP is around 11%. If this trend continues, and a good amount of penalties are called, this will be tough for CAR to overcome.

Barring some catastrophic injury (knock on wood), I like the B’s in 6.

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
Not feeling great about the D group without Chuck. However this team has fought through adversity all year and I don’t expect tonight to be the exception.

Reactions: bbfan419
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad