Pre-Game Talk: ECF GAME 1 8:13 PM 5/9 - Hello Whalercanes, Welcome Back to Boston - NBCSN, CBC, SN(4K), TVAS, 98.5

Which team will win Game 1?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
upload_2019-5-9_12-23-6.jpeg

It’s springtime and he’s hungry!

Paddington

Mar 8, 2011
Toronto
I just noticed that it's an 8pm game :cry:

The absence of Charlie Mac will be big. No one player will replace a No. 1 D but hopefully the 6 D tonight can hold the fort, as a unit. The forwards will also need to be relied upon a little more. If they can't be, hopefully the combination of a big game from the Bergy line and another stellar Tuukka game will be enough.

Reactions: BMC

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts

The absence of Charlie Mac will be big. No one player will replace a No. 1 D but hopefully the 6 D tonight can hold the fort, as a unit. The forwards will also need to be relied upon a little more. If they can't be, hopefully the combination of a big game from the Bergy line and another stellar Tuukka game will be enough.
Agreed. As you said, hold the fort till Mac comes back. It’s just one game and the Bruins SHOULD be able to get this one even without him.

Reactions: BMC and Ladyfan

Concessionaire

That could have gone better.
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2003
New Orleans
If you need something to listen to before the game, try the latest Steve Dangle Podcast entitled "BRuined My Day." I enjoy Dangle, but I think the Bruins broke him. It's like a warm bath of Bruins hate.

chef-says-okay-clip-art_f.jpg

Reactions: smack66 and Zillah

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
Just saw Acciari is skating. TBH, I had no idea he was hurt. Figured Nordy-Leaps-Wags was working well and we were rollin with it.

I read recently Moore is quite far from being game ready. Any word on Miller?

BobbyAwe

Nov 21, 2006
South Carolina

If we can win this one without Mac that will be HUGE. Also confidence-wise going forward.

Reactions: Spooner st

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
If you need something to listen to before the game, try the latest Steve Dangle Podcast entitled "BRuined My Day." I enjoy Dangle, but I think the Bruins broke him. It's like a warm bath of Bruins hate.

chef-says-okay-clip-art_f.jpg
Bruins talk starts around 8 min - Just 10 min in past there but oh my god this is good - Rabid Toronto fans make a little more sense now if this is the kind of thing they listen to.

Reactions: TP and Coach Parker

aguineapig

I never realized this until John Shannon on Sportsnet pointed out this is really the "Boston series" as both the Bruins and the original incarnation of the Hurricanes, the New England Whalers, both played in Boston and in the Garden in the Whaler's inaugural season.
The Whalers games were on Channel 56 as they tried to cash in on and ride the coattails of the B's and TV38. They won the Avco Cup in WHA maiden season 72-73. I would watch them when B's off, and they had some good players Teddy Green of course had joined them, Tommy Webster was leading goal scorer and Tommy Williams who played for B's was one of many US born players who were on those early teams. Rick Ley and Brad Selwood from Leafs were their marquis NHL players who jumped leagues. Always was strange when they dropped the puck at the Big spoked B

Reactions: BruinDust

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
That 09 series against these guys remains as one of the more frustrating ones for me in this mullenium.

Felt like the Bs were the better team , but they were just stymied over and over, couldn’t get out of the zone, couldn’t transition D to O.

Don’t want a repeat of that.

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
That 09 series against these guys remains as one of the more frustrating ones for me in this mullenium.

Felt like the Bs were the better team , but they were just stymied over and over, couldn’t get out of the zone, couldn’t transition D to O.

Don’t want a repeat of that.
that's where I'm at. So much went wrong in that series. I'm still angry about it lol I really want a different outcome this time.

Reactions: rfournier103

nazartp

Apr 5, 2006
Did you get more in your paycheck (pay less in tax) throughout the year? That was how it was supposed to work.

It kinda worked this way for low state income tax states. Single biggest driver of the losses for taxpayers were caps on state income tax deductions. If you are in NJ, NY, Mass, California, etc., you are screwed. I'm in PA and my state taxes came in just under the cap.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I misunderstood the definition of "delivered"
I send them to Fenway via PM since they have to be added to the main boards by the mods for control purposes.

Fenway will post it but magically cloak it until a specific time and the when the time is right, it magically appears :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad