ECF: (1) Tampa Bay Lightning vs. (1) Washington Capitals | Series tied 3-3

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Walt Comiskey

Feb 26, 2009
I feel better at least having the game at home. I think it at least gives us a chance.
Ask any Caps fan and they would prefer the Caps finished on the road. Excepting what we saw last night, the Caps just don't fare well at home. The home crowd could give TB the extra energy they lacked last night. Coin flip.

Reactions: pezpunk

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
Tampa really needs 4-5 PPs a game. A combination of the refs swallowing the whistle and the Caps playing really clean has dropped this to 1-2. Caps has 15 ES goals to Tampa 9 in the series. Tampa is just not built to play 55+ ES minutes vs a much bigger team. It all comes down to penalties.
I will agree to disagree. TB has been fine 5V5 all season.

What they need to do is actually show up to play. They haven't done that.

Tampa came to play in the first period of game 5 and ran Washington out of town. Then they quit moving their feet and got dominated again.

When TB works as hard as their opponent does, they can beat anyone in this league and make it look easy. It's relatively rare that they match the intensity, though.

Homerhawk

Aug 15, 2007
Man, it was a fun time at the game last night. Good luck Wednesday, Caps. Just play like you did last night and try to get the bounces to go your way.

Reactions: CapsDC

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Ask any Caps fan and they would prefer the Caps finished on the road. Excepting what we saw last night, the Caps just don't fare well at home. The home crowd could give TB the extra energy they lacked last night. Coin flip.

Washington played a great home game last night. Im hoping the Lightning get a boost from the home crowd. Coop said that home games in the playoffs arent too big of an advantage but game 7 is. We will see if hes right.

Haj

#CatsAreComing
Apr 6, 2003
Arlington, VA
I'm not a fan of any team that was actually in the playoffs this year.

But I've watched every single game start to finish. Its an emotional roller coaster even without a "real" rooting interest.

After last night, I'm not ready for game 7. Not ready for the Stanley Cup either. I love it.

I have no idea what will happen Wednesday.

Haj

#CatsAreComing
Apr 6, 2003
Arlington, VA
I just have not seen a single indicator that Tampa Bay is ready to play a 60 minute game. Hell, I haven't seen an indicator that they're ready to play a 40 minute game. The best we've seen them do is control a 21 minute stretch of play and then just hold on for dear life for the next 39 minutes while the Caps did literally whatever they wanted.

I think game 7 is a repeat of game 6, but it's gets much uglier much faster for TB.

Not sure if I agree with this. TB completely controlled game 5. All their shots from right in front of the net, while the Capitals were kept out of that area.

Just Rude

"I'm listening to the *** song!!!"
Oct 15, 2005
This series has been fantastic. These two teams are so evenly matched, it only makes sense they go 7.

It's a coin flip, but I think the Caps find a way to get it done tomorrow. I think it's finally OV's time, and he is going to be a man on a mission in Game 7.

kuzy92

Mar 5, 2017
I will agree to disagree. TB has been fine 5V5 all season.

What they need to do is actually show up to play. They haven't done that.

Tampa came to play in the first period of game 5 and ran Washington out of town. Then they quit moving their feet and got dominated again.

When TB works as hard as their opponent does, they can beat anyone in this league and make it look easy. It's relatively rare that they match the intensity, though.

Why is it always the team not playing up to their potential and not the other team dictating the terms of play? Maybe there is a reason that the Bolts aren't playing well 5x5 and that reason just may be that Washington has dictated the play..

kuzy92

Mar 5, 2017
Not sure if I agree with this. TB completely controlled game 5. All their shots from right in front of the net, while the Capitals were kept out of that area.

We must have been watching a different game because Washington in my opinion was much better in period 2 and 3 of game 5 but Vasi stood on his head..

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
Why is it always the team not playing up to their potential and not the other team dictating the terms of play? Maybe there is a reason that the Bolts aren't playing well 5x5 and that reason just may be that Washington has dictated the play..
Are you saying you think Tampa has played to their potential? If you are, you clearly don't watch them.

The Caps aren't without some credit, but Tampa has not shown up this series. That's obvious to anyone who's actually watched the games.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

CapsDC

May 2, 2018

Because Tampa is so amazing, the only way they can fail to win the cup this year is if they screw it up. Other teams have no control over it, they are just showing up crossing their fingers.

Tampa is extremely talented but part of winning is actually putting it together on the ice/field/court. Not just showing flashes of greatness. If you can't do that then you truly aren't a great team

Reactions: Drakon

CapsDC

May 2, 2018
Are you saying you think Tampa has played to their potential? If you are, you clearly don't watch them.

The Caps aren't without some credit, but Tampa has not shown up this series. That's obvious to anyone who's actually watched the games.

Caps fans know all too well that potential and $2 gets you a coffee. If they wanted to award championships to the overall best/most talented team they wouldn't even have playoffs. Play a long regular season to minimize variance and crown the best record and the Caps would have a couple of cups already. Unfortunately for DC they don't do it that way

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Man reading the beggining of this thread where Tampa fans were saying

Point >= Kuznetsov

is ****ing hilarious.

Any of you guys want to defend this idea that it is reasonable to compare Point and Kuznetsov?

I already said Kuz>>>>point a long time ago.

Selective reading on your part. The Caps are just a better team and have history on their side now. No team has ever come back from down 0-2 at home in the conference finals.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
Caps fans know all too well that potential and $2 gets you a coffee. If they wanted to award championships to the overall best/most talented team they wouldn't even have playoffs. Play a long regular season to minimize variance and crown the best record and the Caps would have a couple of cups already. Unfortunately for DC they don't do it that way
....that's my point?

Tampa is playing like they're owed something. The effort isn't there and that's why they didn't close out the series when they had a chance.

I'm debating someone that acted like TB has shown up in this series and that they're looking bad because the Caps are so good.

CapsDC

May 2, 2018
....that's my point?

Tampa is playing like they're owed something. The effort isn't there and that's why they didn't close out the series when they had a chance.

I'm debating someone that acted like TB has shown up in this series and that they're looking bad because the Caps are so good.

You're selling the Caps short though. It's like someone else said, when a good team doesn't get it done in the playoffs it's always a little of both. Earlier games in the series maybe Tampa was sleepwalking and allowed the Caps to take it too easily. The Caps did the same thing in game 3 and first period of game 5. Last night to me they just got overwhelmed by the Caps intensity and had no answer for any of it. Yeah last night the Caps were so good

Reactions: Drakon

Drakon

Mar 31, 2014
So a team that has the likes of Chris Kunitz and Ryan Callahan in their line up, only garners one penalty in the last two games. :huh:

The whole Lightning team must be considered candidates for the Lady Byng trophy this year.:sarcasm:
That cheapshot by McDonaugh was particularly egregious. Prison rules is fine if we don't get tripping calls like the one on Backstrom, but I don't get the lack of consistency.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I think the Caps are the better team, however TB is also good enough to beat them on any given night. So its much closer than people think. Game 7 will be a toss up. Whoever scores first likely wins the game.

Reactions: rosenqvist
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad