• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
2018 Stanley Cup Playoffs Round 3 Preview: Capitals vs. Lightning - Sportsnet.ca

18591367-1040x572.jpg

Tampa Bay Lightning right wing Nikita Kucherov (86), of Russia, scores a goal against Washington Capitals goaltender Braden Holtby (70) during the third period of an NHL hockey game Tuesday, Feb. 20, 2018, in Washington. The Lightning won 4-2. (Nick Wass/AP)

Coming into 2017-18, it’s fair to say both of these teams had Stanley Cup hopes, although their outlooks were very different.

The Lightning were coming back fully healthy and optimistic that last year’s post-season miss was a blip. A popular pick to reach and/or win the Cup in pre-season predictions, the hockey world largely agreed that the amount of talent in Tampa was too much to ignore them as a huge bounce back candidate. With young goalie Andrei Vasilevskiy rising to the challenge and quickly becoming a Vezina Trophy finalist, the Lightning didn’t really have a weakness and were one of the biggest buyers at the trade deadline.

More

Dc4nS5zW0AY1MEw.jpg:large

Last edited:
Reactions: Sk8M8

PB12

Jul 7, 2015
Caps lose but i think one thing people are missing is Holtby is going to make it tough on Tampa. 6 tough games for the Bolts.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
I picked the Caps to go all the way to the Cup finals this year, but if I was a Caps fans I'd be a little bit worried about an emotional let down after such a high of beating the Pens. Penguins have been their white whale for a decade. That and the Lightning are a monster team.

They need to be ready to raise their game to an even higher level.

Hoping for a great series. I'll be cheering hard for the Caps.

Reactions: troyerlaw
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad