ECF: (1) Tampa Bay Lightning vs. (1) Washington Capitals | Series tied 3-3

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuz

May 11, 2015
Caps have been the best team this series. Still it doesnt matter if they cant pull it off.

Caps have been the better team in a lot of 7 game series over the years, but not been able to go to the next round. Montreal, New York, Pittsburgh have all stolen series vs the Caps when beeing outplayed. Hot goalies, capitalizing on the chances and getting the right bounces can make any NHL team beat another. Caps should have won it already, but now its down to 1 game and in this league every team can beat another.

Lolaimbot

Nov 20, 2016
Caps win to answer the post above. I'm a neuty even tho I hate Tampa Bay as a team, label and as a _______ crew. And if you wanna be down with Tampa, _____ you too.
Ahh, the song that is responsible for all the braindamage that caused my mental age forever to be 13, golden memories!

IvanMalison

Feb 5, 2008
Portland, OR
Man reading the beggining of this thread where Tampa fans were saying

Point >= Kuznetsov

is f***ing hilarious.
I think Tampa is going to destroy the Caps

I disagree on the top end forward talent favoring Washington. I'd say its pretty equal. Kucherov vs Backstrom argument doesn't make sense, it should be Kuch vs Ovy, Stamkos vs Backstrom. If you want to break down the top 4 like you did I'd do it like this.

Kucherov >= Ovechkin (Ovy the better goal scorer, but Kuch overall has been better the last couple years)

Stamkos = Backstrom (pretty similar point production wise, Stamkos the better scorer)

Point = Kuznetsov (Kuznetsov higher point production, Point really shines in 2 way play)

J.T. Miller = T.J. Oshie (similar production from these guys, if you consider Miller has basically been PPG since coming to the team he might even have a slight edge)

Didn't watch any of the Boston series did you? He was easily our best player in the series.

He steadily closed the gap all season. But if you want to pin Point the moment he caught up, I’d say Game 60 of the season around the 17:48 mark of the first period.

Point is going to open a lot of people's eyes. His line shut down the white hot Bergeron line for three straight games, many times controlling the play against them. I don't know if he's as good as Kuznetsov but to say he isn't even in the same league just proves you know nothing about him.

Maybe people will finally stop underrating Point when he wins the Conn Smythe this year.

We will review at a later time. Some Caps fans will be unpleasantly surprised.

Its really not ridiculous. Just wait until you watch him play. We have been watching him play all year. Its not a stretch at all. Point more than held his own as a guy who was responsible for shutting down opposing teams top players and he also produced while doing this. I dont think they have Kuzentsov out there matched on Sydney Crosby that series did they? Thats what they did with Point on Bergeron who is one of the best two way players in the game if not the best and Point did a great job vs him. They are different players but the value that Point has to our team is just as important if not more important to our teams success is as Kuznetsov to you guys.

Point is an NHL player. What League is Kuznetsov in?

As I mentioned a bit before if you want to pin Point the moment Brayden caught up, check out Game 60 of the season around the 17:48 mark of the first period.

Gonna feel so good when Point smokes the Caps and makes people eat their uninformed words.

Any of you guys want to defend this idea that it is reasonable to compare Point and Kuznetsov?

Reactions: TychoFan

karnige

Real Life FTL
Oct 18, 2006
wasn't for the bolts goaltending this series was over a long time ago. caps are the better team. if the bolts advance I think Vegas beats them. if capa advance I think they win

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
The Caps game 7 home track record is so spotty that playing a game 7 on the road might be a plus for them.

The home pressure they've had recently won't be there.

Plus, some of these guys have been in road game 7's (NYR 2x, BOS).

Even their NYR losses (2012, 20150, they looked better compared to PIT last year.

The moment seemed too big for them at home. Here, it might not be on the road.

Plus, their game 7 bugaboo- Henrik/Rangers- is nowhere to be seen.

The Hound

Oct 10, 2015
Flashbacks from Caps x Rags game 7s. Really hope Washington finally overcomes game 7s. There will never be a greater opportunity for Ovi and the Caps to slay their demons than this year. First the Pens, then Tampa/Rags. Ovi playing for the cup against Vegas... It makes a great cinderella story.

:crossfing

Lyons71

Jun 27, 2003
Fullerton, CA
Visit site
Tampa, besides the goalie, were no-shows tonight. Was this a game 6 give up leading to a collapse in game 7? Or what it a game 6 rope-a-dope followed by a commanding game 7 performance? As a ducks fan I’ve seen mostly the former, but anything can happen.

Fun series for an outsider.

BallardEra

Leafs&Caps Since 1982™
Dec 26, 2017
East York, Ontario
Tampa, besides the goalie, were no-shows tonight. Was this a game 6 give up leading to a collapse in game 7? Or what it a game 6 rope-a-dope followed by a commanding game 7 performance? As a ducks fan I’ve seen mostly the former, but anything can happen.

Fun series for an outsider.

I think you just take every game and throw it away when it's done. A huge key in Game 7 will be the team that scores first will have a huge advantage IMO. I can see it making the other team play that much tighter.

Reds4Life

Dec 24, 2007
Happy for the Caps. I thought they outplayed Bolts in most games so far, hoping they can win game 7. Go Caps!

third man in

Jul 27, 2007
Maryland
I think Vegas beats either one of these teams. I mean, I hope not. But Vegas just seems like such a fast, committed, cohesive team. And they have fairy dust on them, to boot.

Magical year for them, from start to (almost) finish.
Everyone was saying this during the last series. Pens or Caps will get slaughtered by the lightning. Didn't happen.

Each series starts clean. Anything can happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad