News Article: Eberle had confidence issues by being an oiler

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
This seems a bit revisionist to me and not necessarily supported by data.

Hall's seasons ranged from 0.65ppg to 1.11ppg that's a huge swing of 0.46ppg.
Eberle's seasons ranged from 0.62 to 0.97... a swing of 0.35ppg

The last three years here Hall scored 1.07, 0.72, 0.79 ppg... his regression was 26%
The last three years here Eberle scored 0.78, 0.68, 0.62 for a regression of 21%

Hall's average ppg in Edmonton was 0.86. His actual season by season stats were "close" (let's say +/- 0.10) to 0.86 exactly twice in 6 years.
Eberle's average ppg in Edmonton was (interestingly) also 0.75 and there are 4 of 7 seasons when he was right in that range.

Someone can do a standard deviation on that... but Hall was the far less consistent player. Clearly more impacted by the things going on around him that Eberle.

Frankly I think they were both impacted by the negativity, and I don't blame them... but to me Eberle was by far the more consistent of the two (don't confuse that with more talented).

Even in his last season, Hall was playing terrible with McDavid, then lighting it up with Draisaitl (well over a point per game), then moping again when McDavid came back and they weren't reunited. He ended up at 0.79 after having been among the league leaders in scoring for much of the time McDavid was away.

IMO, based on their play, Hall never had a down period like Ebs did last year. Hall may have gone through droughts of scoring, but he was almost always going full out playing his game. His style of play has always been more about volume than quality and that can lead to droughts.

He did have a lull his last year, but I think that was more due to getting dropped to the 2nd line and Drai running out of energy at the end of his first full season.

I really don't think i ever saw Hall looking as down in the dumps though as Ebs did last year, especially in that 2nd round.

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
Either defended or stood up for the guy and made him feel welcomed. When you seen the social media pics Yak was never apart of the team. And it's fine if guys have different interests, but when a guy is being picked on maybe you as a teammate should just tell him "I don't care you are coming out and being with the boys tonight". Or find something different to do that works for him

Some times guys need to be forced a little more as they are shy.

Instead Yak spent his time by himself or with the homeless

There is the possibility that Yaks decided to stay apart from his teammates himself. Just sayin.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad