Eastside Hockey Manager - Part X Patch 1.5 Edition! (April 22nd Open Beta)

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
There are multiple places where you must change the number of teams in the Rules & Structures screen. The error you're getting is because you haven't updated one of those settings or you haven't assigned enough teams. Off the top of my head, the following settings would need to be updated:

Basic Data tab -> Number of Teams
Structure tab:
If you are using one of the "From Basic Rules" team picking rules (see the Stages tab -> Rules sub-tab for each initial stage) then you must assign all of the teams here. If you're using the "From Database by Base Comp" setting then you need to set the League and Detailed Division for each team via the Clubs screen.
Stages tab -> Number of Teams (for each stage tab where the number of teams has changed for that stage)

If you have also changed the number of games played then you may also need to change:
Comp Rules tab -> Max league games
Stages tab -> Stage max league games, number of dates and rounds
(for each stage tab where the number of games played has changed for that stage)

Assuming that you're using the latest version of the Editor (v1.0.2 and I'd highly recommend running the latest version) then there is a Status tab which displays a limited range of warnings which might help.

Let me know once you have found the issue and I may be able to add a warning message on the Status tab for future versions.
Thought I had the updated one, but apparently it's 1.0.1. I downloaded the redistributable but I don't see a link for 1.0.2

My issue seems to be on the basic data page where it's not letting me edit the number of teams. The status page doesn't show any issue, but I know it's functional.

archibalduk

EHM The Blue Line
Oct 29, 2005
England
Thought I had the updated one, but apparently it's 1.0.1. I downloaded the redistributable but I don't see a link for 1.0.2

My issue seems to be on the basic data page where it's not letting me edit the number of teams. The status page doesn't show any issue, but I know it's functional.

The link for 1.0.2 is here: Eastside Hockey Manager Editor (v1.0.2) - EHM The Blue Line

What do you mean it's not letting you edit the Basic Data tab? E.g. is it greyed out or does it keep resetting when you enter a figure?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The link for 1.0.2 is here: Eastside Hockey Manager Editor (v1.0.2) - EHM The Blue Line

What do you mean it's not letting you edit the Basic Data tab? E.g. is it greyed out or does it keep resetting when you enter a figure?
So, what it looks like is that that basic data page in that column wasn't recognizing my cursor. I had to select elsewhere and tab back but now it looks like it works fine. I don't know if that was because of the update, but that was definitely the issue before it.

The thing I was working on with the Finnish league I was messing around with adding teams there (and elsewhere) looks like it works. The 40-team KHL I'm messing with seems like I was able to add teams but looks like I made other mistakes, since that's the only league I messed with that has conferences and divisions. It's supposed to be 40 teams, the league select page says the database expects 43, but the league info page within the game has it at 41, with one of the teams that's supposed to be there not showing, so I made a bunch of mistakes there, it would've been easier in my head just to create all new divisions but that may be more straightforward in the editor than I thought. But I think it's maybe just errors I have to fix.

I guess my question on that one is if there's a page to see what teams the league expects in the database.

edit: Now I'm getting a fatal error at the league select screen, so I don't know anything

Last edited:

archibalduk

EHM The Blue Line
Oct 29, 2005
England
So, what it looks like is that that basic data page in that column wasn't recognizing my cursor. I had to select elsewhere and tab back but now it looks like it works fine. I don't know if that was because of the update, but that was definitely the issue before it.

The thing I was working on with the Finnish league I was messing around with adding teams there (and elsewhere) looks like it works. The 40-team KHL I'm messing with seems like I was able to add teams but looks like I made other mistakes, since that's the only league I messed with that has conferences and divisions. It's supposed to be 40 teams, the league select page says the database expects 43, but the league info page within the game has it at 41, with one of the teams that's supposed to be there not showing, so I made a bunch of mistakes there, it would've been easier in my head just to create all new divisions but that may be more straightforward in the editor than I thought. But I think it's maybe just errors I have to fix.

I guess my question on that one is if there's a page to see what teams the league expects in the database.

edit: Now I'm getting a fatal error at the league select screen, so I don't know anything

This is either because you haven't updated a club count in one of the fields I mentioned or you haven't assigned the additional clubs to the league/division/conference. The manner in which you assign clubs to the league depends on the team picking rules set for that league. See my comment below on the Structure Tab:

There are multiple places where you must change the number of teams in the Rules & Structures screen. The error you're getting is because you haven't updated one of those settings or you haven't assigned enough teams. Off the top of my head, the following settings would need to be updated:

Basic Data tab -> Number of Teams
Structure tab:
If you are using one of the "From Basic Rules" team picking rules (see the Stages tab -> Rules sub-tab for each initial stage) then you must assign all of the teams here. If you're using the "From Database by Base Comp" setting then you need to set the League and Detailed Division for each team via the Clubs screen.
Stages tab -> Number of Teams (for each stage tab where the number of teams has changed for that stage)

If you have also changed the number of games played then you may also need to change:
Comp Rules tab -> Max league games
Stages tab -> Stage max league games, number of dates and rounds
(for each stage tab where the number of games played has changed for that stage)

Assuming that you're using the latest version of the Editor (v1.0.2 and I'd highly recommend running the latest version) then there is a Status tab which displays a limited range of warnings which might help.

Let me know once you have found the issue and I may be able to add a warning message on the Status tab for future versions.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
This is either because you haven't updated a club count in one of the fields I mentioned or you haven't assigned the additional clubs to the league/division/conference. The manner in which you assign clubs to the league depends on the team picking rules set for that league. See my comment below on the Structure Tab:

Yeah, I'm going to go back through it today I think. If I started over with what I'm doing (which I'll eventually do anyways), I think I'll be able to get it easier because now I know that I can successfully edit leagues before I tie myself into knots as opposed to after. I found one of the errors I made, and I'm not getting a fatal error, but I am still trying to figure out which screens I have wrong because it's not obvious to me.

If I wiped out the divisions and remade new divisions, but kept the same conferences, would that screw with the schedule template too much? I kind of just hoped that the schedule would just expand on it's own since I haven't gotten that error

vcanuck

Feb 7, 2011
Is there any way to change a staff's team using the editor? I want to make Brad Shaw an assistant for the Canucks but I don't see an option to change teams. What I did was change his contract expiration date to force him to be a free agent, but he signs right back with Columbus lol.

also, what attributes are most important to increase on a defenceman? is it off the puck or checking?

thanks.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
So one thing I'm down do is that since the database expects 41 teams, only sees 40 - and only lists 39 on it's league info screen. I have one team that appears to have all the data correct, and the league structure is correct, but the team is not appearing in the game. I'm wondering if it's impossible to have 40 teams, like the game is coded to not be able to go above 39.

It's still not a playable league since I can't figure out what the game thinks 41st team is. I'm assuming it's in the basic data slide that someone i guess i edited out of the league or changed by mistake but for the life of me can't figure out where, everything seems accounted for. I'm probably better off just starting over with the time it's taking me to figure it out.

NathanB

Apr 22, 2021
So one thing I'm down do is that since the database expects 41 teams, only sees 40 - and only lists 39 on it's league info screen. I have one team that appears to have all the data correct, and the league structure is correct, but the team is not appearing in the game. I'm wondering if it's impossible to have 40 teams, like the game is coded to not be able to go above 39.

It's still not a playable league since I can't figure out what the game thinks 41st team is. I'm assuming it's in the basic data slide that someone i guess i edited out of the league or changed by mistake but for the life of me can't figure out where, everything seems accounted for. I'm probably better off just starting over with the time it's taking me to figure it out.
Upload the db somewhere and share the link, I'll have a look at it since that's probably the only way anyone will be able to pinpoint the exact issue

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Upload the db somewhere and share the link, I'll have a look at it since that's probably the only way anyone will be able to pinpoint the exact issue
I can Dropbox if that works. @xECK29x sent me one before I don’t know if you guys use the same one

NathanB

Apr 22, 2021
I can Dropbox if that works. @xECK29x sent me one before I don’t know if you guys use the same one

The 41st team that the game finds is Seoul Waves, you have two Seoul teams in the KHL but you have only added one(Seoul Cranes) to the leagues structure, which is why you think you only see 40, but you still have the KHL and the Chernyshev Division assigned to the Waves on their club basic data screen. Go the clubs screen and filter the clubs by league, KHL, that will show you all 41

Remove them and the league becomes loadable. Havent had an issue with the league info screen though, shows correctly either 41 before removing waves or 40 after editing.

Any other issues let me know

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The 41st team that the game finds is Seoul Waves, you have two Seoul teams in the KHL but you have only added one(Seoul Cranes) to the leagues structure, which is why you think you only see 40, but you still have the KHL and the Chernyshev Division assigned to the Waves on their club basic data screen. Go the clubs screen and filter the clubs by league, KHL, that will show you all 41

Remove them and the league becomes loadable. Havent had an issue with the league info screen though, shows correctly either 41 before removing waves or 40 after editing.

Any other issues let me know
Christ, I don't know how many times I went through the two Seoul teams in there and didn't notice both of them were active. Seoul Cranes is the one that's supposed to be in there. I also just figured out how to filter, now if only I had figured out sooner. :laugh:

But it appears to function, and that is beautiful, much obliged for your assistance. Hope to play around with some other stuff.

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts

Wait a second, are junior teams not fully populated in the beginning of database files?

I haven't played since my newborn came into the world two months ago,but I could've sworn that even checking off the NHL as being the only league selected, most junior teams were fully populated without the use of the 'extra player' options

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Wait a second, are junior teams not fully populated in the beginning of database files?

I haven't played since my newborn came into the world two months ago,but I could've sworn that even checking off the NHL as being the only league selected, most junior teams were fully populated without the use of the 'extra player' options

Well with the old PA's - "mostly" would be the correct answer. Really low -4/-5 PA's and such don't but in an "NHL only" sim - those guys tend to phase out/retire from the database after a year anyways. Also probably depends on the junior league in question - league and team reputations. But any young player with say a -7 or -14 potential or above does seem to get populated in an "NHL only" sim no matter their situation.

Problem with the new PA's was now the game was not populating good prospects with -18, -19 etc PA values. Looks like it is a simple fix though and should be fine for the next beta release.

Beef Cake

Aug 10, 2016

Congrats dude!

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
2021-22 v6 Pivot Beta DB Posted to Workshop for Public Testing

Steam Workshop::[2021-22] xECK29x's Premier Pivot Database (v6 Beta - Work in Progress Public Test)

This is a holdover 2021-22 Free Agent Frenzy focused DB for the 2021-22 season.

Big thanks to: Flinch, Manimal, ImActuallyAnOtter, Ideawithoutamind, Flinch, Matee, hedoroman, ChaiTiefling, NoPurposeFlour, Amc74, pukovnik and many others that provided help/feedback for this release!

Updates from v5 Final include:
- Up to date transactions across most leagues
- NHL free agent class updated
- Most European free agents dropped to pool (for playable leagues)
- Updated Seattle expansion draft team
- Updated new ECHL expansion teams and NHL/AHL/ECHL affiliations
- NCAA commitments
- Added 2021 NHL Entry Draft placeholder draft class
- Processed the following draft classes (PLAYERS NOT RATED):
-- OHL/OHL U18
-- NA3HL
-- USHL Entry/Future
-- NAHL
- Massive updates to club, competition and player career histories globally, really busted my ass adding and overhauling this so I hope it is noticed and appreciated - this is by far the most detailed DB we have ever produced!
- Added multiple tournaments back with proper scheduling globally:
-- Champions Hockey League
-- Continental Cup
-- Deutschland Cup
-- Euro Hockey Tour
-- Fixed Olympics
-- Slovak and Swiss cup scheduling updates
- Scheduling and other league updates for various leagues
-- Tier 1 pro leagues that would loan players for tournaments have proper breaks for those tournaments and Olympics
- New PG sheet by ImActuallyAnOtter

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
2021-22 v6 Pivot Beta DB Posted to Workshop for Public Testing

Steam Workshop::[2021-22] xECK29x's Premier Pivot Database (v6 Beta - Work in Progress Public Test)

This is a holdover 2021-22 Free Agent Frenzy focused DB for the 2021-22 season.

Big thanks to: Flinch, Manimal, ImActuallyAnOtter, Ideawithoutamind, Flinch, Matee, hedoroman, ChaiTiefling, NoPurposeFlour, Amc74, pukovnik and many others that provided help/feedback for this release!

Updates from v5 Final include:
- Up to date transactions across most leagues
- NHL free agent class updated
- Most European free agents dropped to pool (for playable leagues)
- Updated Seattle expansion draft team
- Updated new ECHL expansion teams and NHL/AHL/ECHL affiliations
- NCAA commitments
- Added 2021 NHL Entry Draft placeholder draft class
- Processed the following draft classes (PLAYERS NOT RATED):
-- OHL/OHL U18
-- NA3HL
-- USHL Entry/Future
-- NAHL
- Massive updates to club, competition and player career histories globally, really busted my ass adding and overhauling this so I hope it is noticed and appreciated - this is by far the most detailed DB we have ever produced!
- Added multiple tournaments back with proper scheduling globally:
-- Champions Hockey League
-- Continental Cup
-- Deutschland Cup
-- Euro Hockey Tour
-- Fixed Olympics
-- Slovak and Swiss cup scheduling updates
- Scheduling and other league updates for various leagues
-- Tier 1 pro leagues that would loan players for tournaments have proper breaks for those tournaments and Olympics
- New PG sheet by ImActuallyAnOtter

A couple things I'm wondering here looking around internationally:
-Is it possible to have a Latvian or BeNe league team in the Champions league?
-I'm seeing Deutschland Cup and NaturEnergie challenge have 3 of the 4 same teams? Kind of curious how difficult it is to give myself more to do in international competition.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
A couple things I'm wondering here looking around internationally:
-Is it possible to have a Latvian or BeNe league team in the Champions league?
-I'm seeing Deutschland Cup and NaturEnergie challenge have 3 of the 4 same teams? Kind of curious how difficult it is to give myself more to do in international competition.

It's possible yes, you would just need to add the leagues UID to the list of candidate leagues per one of the license types in the Transfer Rules for the Champions League.

Reactions: GKJ

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
One thing I see in the Olympics is that it doesn't appear the 'final olympic qualification' tournament loaded, so the teams that won the pre-qualification didn't have a next stage to play.

The NHL schedule also produced a schedule where the Flyers played a few 3-in-3's. Maybe that's because of the Olympics? I can already see the Trade Deadline takes place during the Olympics.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
One thing I see in the Olympics is that it doesn't appear the 'final olympic qualification' tournament loaded, so the teams that won the pre-qualification didn't have a next stage to play.

The NHL schedule also produced a schedule where the Flyers played a few 3-in-3's. Maybe that's because of the Olympics? I can already see the Trade Deadline takes place during the Olympics.

This is exactly why I posted it, it's been a long time since we did an Olympics first DB so things get really tricky! Good feedback, can you share your save game with me? Just PM me your email and I'll give you a place to upload it.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
This is exactly why I posted it, it's been a long time since we did an Olympics first DB so things get really tricky! Good feedback, can you share your save game with me? Just PM me your email and I'll give you a place to upload it.
I still have your Dropbox if you want it there

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
If you still have access go for it, I think I fixed both issues though but just want to verify.
I’ll send it when I get to my computer. I got a stage 4 error in the AlpsHL around February 11.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I just sent it over. That AlpsHL error crashes the game the next time it comes up a few days later

Reactions: xECK29x

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad