Eastside Hockey Manager - Part X Patch 1.5 Edition! (April 22nd Open Beta)

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
The one error about the stage 3 hadn’t been appearing until the past few days (of the game), but the other two have been for a while but I just click through it because I wasn’t playing in that league. If I deactivate it might that work?

if you were to restart the sim and not select that league that has an issue yes.

Green Snow Storm

Jul 22, 2009
Canada
Just a couple quick (stupid?) questions from someone who hasn't played in a few years.

1. If I want opening night rosters is TBL my only option as opposed to ECK29's for 1.5? and what are the major differences in both those databases?

2. Will salary cap increase itself in game or will I have to edit it myself?

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Just a couple quick (stupid?) questions from someone who hasn't played in a few years.

1. If I want opening night rosters is TBL my only option as opposed to ECK29's for 1.5? and what are the major differences in both those databases?

2. Will salary cap increase itself in game or will I have to edit it myself?

1. I don't know any other DB for opening roster. AFAIK, they are pretty much the same except the trades. @xECK29x can confirm.

2. Salary Cap doesn't increase. The Pivot DB start with an increased cap to compensate.

Reactions: Green Snow Storm

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
1. I don't know any other DB for opening roster. AFAIK, they are pretty much the same except the trades. @xECK29x can confirm.

2. Salary Cap doesn't increase. The Pivot DB start with an increased cap to compensate.

Correct, only difference between TBL and Pivot is that TBL is “start of season”. I think I got lazy with the last update and kept the higher salary in TBL, but I may be mistaken. You can raise the cap in-game using EHM Assistant.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
if you were to restart the sim and not select that league that has an issue yes.
So, just following up here, because i played a saved game (feb 17 2026) back up to that march 10 2026 date, and it's actually the Swedish 3 league (HockeyEttan?). It still had a fatal error, so is what it is. Again, it's an old database, I was just playing back into it while waiting for next season's databade.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
So, just following up here, because i played a saved game (feb 17 2026) back up to that march 10 2026 date, and it's actually the Swedish 3 league (HockeyEttan?). It still had a fatal error, so is what it is. Again, it's an old database, I was just playing back into it while waiting for next season's databade.

You cannot fix that save game, HockeyEttan had issues a few years ago so that's not surprising. We have fixed a lot of things and implemented a lot of fixes/guardrails into the Editor since then. I was but a doe-eyed DB maker :).

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
You cannot fix that save game, HockeyEttan had issues a few years ago so that's not surprising. We have fixed a lot of things and implemented a lot of fixes/guardrails into the Editor since then. I was but a doe-eyed DB maker :).
The save started in 2018, and the first error didn’t come up until like 2024 I think, so I guess it just took that many sims to corrupt the file? Curious as to why it wouldn’t do that in year 1

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
The save started in 2018, and the first error didn’t come up until like 2024 I think, so I guess it just took that many sims to corrupt the file? Curious as to why it wouldn’t do that in year 1

I know exactly why, and it was why it was tricky to identify until we got Riz to debug a save. Ettan has relegation/promotion from Division4 and when that happens the game just does a simple one for one swap with the team based on its assigned division. There was a couple of Division4 teams that did not have a detailed division assigned because of that the game never moved the club down properly and when the game went to create a new schedule for the next season it ran into an error as the expected team count didn’t match.

After we discovered this Archi put a guardrail into the Editor where clubs that had no detailed division set it would throw a warning.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I know exactly why, and it was why it was tricky to identify until we got Riz to debug a save. Ettan has relegation/promotion from Division4 and when that happens the game just does a simple one for one swap with the team based on its assigned division. There was a couple of Division4 teams that did not have a detailed division assigned because of that the game never moved the club down properly and when the game went to create a new schedule for the next season it ran into an error as the expected team count didn’t match.

After we discovered this Archi put a guardrail into the Editor where clubs that had no detailed division set it would throw a warning.
Ah, I figured there was a relegation element to it, but thought it might be because of promotion to Allsvenskan since it had nothing to pull from.

At any rate, only reason I didn’t get to that sooner was because of breaks I took and I was up to controlling 6 teams plus 2 national teams.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Playing around in a database, and I get an error in the league select screen about expecting the proper amount of teams. How do I make sure it is expecting the correct number of teams?

archibalduk

EHM The Blue Line
Oct 29, 2005
England
Playing around in a database, and I get an error in the league select screen about expecting the proper amount of teams. How do I make sure it is expecting the correct number of teams?

Have you edited one of the playable leagues? It's because not enough teams are assigned to a playable league or one of its conferences/divisions.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Have you edited one of the playable leagues? It's because not enough teams are assigned to a playable league or one of its conferences/divisions.
I did. Under the structure it has the correct amount of teams.

One league is the Finnish Liiga, trying to get it to 16 teams, 2 of which are not in Finland, so i don’t know if that matters. But the game says it sees 16 teams and is expecting 15.

The other is KHL, where I am trying to take it to 40, and all the divisions show 10 teams in the editor, but the game says it sees 41 and expects 23, so I’m also trying to figure out why it says 41 when I only see 40.

I’ve managed to mess with other playable leagues by replacing them with the same number, so I think I have that part down

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
I'm guessing this has been mentioned, but I'm seeing a lot of RFAs not being at least qualified in the latest beta

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
I'm guessing this has been mentioned, but I'm seeing a lot of RFAs not being at least qualified in the latest beta

Haven't really seen that in my saves. I get a few good picks not getting signed, but good RFA not receiving a QO is pretty rare.

archibalduk

EHM The Blue Line
Oct 29, 2005
England
I did. Under the structure it has the correct amount of teams.

One league is the Finnish Liiga, trying to get it to 16 teams, 2 of which are not in Finland, so i don’t know if that matters. But the game says it sees 16 teams and is expecting 15.

The other is KHL, where I am trying to take it to 40, and all the divisions show 10 teams in the editor, but the game says it sees 41 and expects 23, so I’m also trying to figure out why it says 41 when I only see 40.

I’ve managed to mess with other playable leagues by replacing them with the same number, so I think I have that part down

There are multiple places where you must change the number of teams in the Rules & Structures screen. The error you're getting is because you haven't updated one of those settings or you haven't assigned enough teams. Off the top of my head, the following settings would need to be updated:

Basic Data tab -> Number of Teams
Structure tab:
If you are using one of the "From Basic Rules" team picking rules (see the Stages tab -> Rules sub-tab for each initial stage) then you must assign all of the teams here. If you're using the "From Database by Base Comp" setting then you need to set the League and Detailed Division for each team via the Clubs screen.
Stages tab -> Number of Teams (for each stage tab where the number of teams has changed for that stage)

If you have also changed the number of games played then you may also need to change:
Comp Rules tab -> Max league games
Stages tab -> Stage max league games, number of dates and rounds
(for each stage tab where the number of games played has changed for that stage)

Assuming that you're using the latest version of the Editor (v1.0.2 and I'd highly recommend running the latest version) then there is a Status tab which displays a limited range of warnings which might help.

Let me know once you have found the issue and I may be able to add a warning message on the Status tab for future versions.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad