Eastside Hockey Manager - Part X Patch 1.5 Edition! (April 22nd Open Beta)

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Load Game Error

The save game is corrupted and cannot be loaded. Debug Info: v1.5b1543067 setup..cpp 1630 (load_game_data(): unable to load game database !) This is usually caused by errors during saving or bad sectors on the hard disk.

That's the exact message when I load in EHM. Usually when stuff like this happens, it's something easy on my part.. here's hoping. I am kind of an idiot.

EDIT: Oh, forgot about this. When I click OK after that message, I get this:

Fatal

v1.5b1543067 startup_screen.cpp 487

Did you modify the save game at all using the editor? PM me your email address and I'll give you a place to upload the save.

Reactions: 3074326

Apr 9, 2009
USA
Did you modify the save game at all using the editor? PM me your email address and I'll give you a place to upload the save.

I don't think I explained at all.. my fault on that. Yeah, when I load a save into the editor and make any changes, I save it and it has that corrupted file message when I try to load it. It's not one particular save, it's any of them I've tried it on. I'll send you a pm.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
I don't think I explained at all.. my fault on that. Yeah, when I load a save into the editor and make any changes, I save it and it has that corrupted file message when I try to load it. It's not one particular save, it's any of them I've tried it on. I'll send you a pm.

Oh yes you can’t do that, if you want to modify a save game you have to use EHM Assistant, which isn’t working at the moment due to the new update, the author should update it soon.

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
Have you guys ever been able to figure out how to get European players to sign in North American professional leagues outside the NHL? I understand that there is probably something baked in where this is prevented because Euro contracts directly to the AHL or ECHL are fairly rare - but they do happen. And when I setup an NHL2 or WHA as a high-level NHL alternative league - even if the league itself is based in Europe and has European teams, North American based teams NEVER signed European players.

It appears there is something hard-coded into the game that prevents North American based non-NHL teams from signing Europeans?

Is it something that is just affecting your DB?

I always notice once Euro players hit a certain age, or even played a small sniff of North American hockey at a later age, they stay over in Europe/Asia.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Have you guys ever been able to figure out how to get European players to sign in North American professional leagues outside the NHL? I understand that there is probably something baked in where this is prevented because Euro contracts directly to the AHL or ECHL are fairly rare - but they do happen. And when I setup an NHL2 or WHA as a high-level NHL alternative league - even if the league itself is based in Europe and has European teams, North American based teams NEVER signed European players.

It appears there is something hard-coded into the game that prevents North American based non-NHL teams from signing Europeans?

I'd want to look at the database and your scaling for reputations for both clubs and leagues. I remember in our online league we did an NHL2 setup and they were aggressively getting players from Europe. I still have some of those saves and the original DB if you wanted to compare against it.

Reactions: BKarchitect

Dala

Mar 1, 2006
For what it is worth, my $0.02 from playing in SHL and HA I would say wages in 1.5 are the most realistic and best ever.

Thanks all who create DBs!

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
For what it is worth, my $0.02 from playing in SHL and HA I would say wages in 1.5 are the most realistic and best ever.

Thanks all who create DBs!

Did you maybe check how budgets works when your team gets promoted into higher rank ? I don't think it's related to specific DB, but I know when I promoted MoDo to SHL instead of raising board lowered my budget. Same with Nybro, when promoted them from Ettan to HA.

Dala

Mar 1, 2006
Did exactly that, budget increase from roughly 6M SEK to 24M IIRC (perhaps over two seasons).

Teams go from 10M to 40M ish

The absolute values perhaps not exactly as real life but the spread makes sense and feels better compared to 1.4.1 IMHO.

With 1.4.1 I got the budget decrease despite promotion you mention as

Not 100% pure DB did a few minor changes, ex. team owns arena and bumped one of city related settings?

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Does anyone know if there's an EHM Assistant GM update available? I just saw that there is a new 2000-2001 DB that I really want to dive into.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Does anyone know if there's an EHM Assistant GM update available? I just saw that there is a new 2000-2001 DB that I really want to dive into.

Not yet, but the developer came out of nowhere and updated it for 1.5 when it came out, so I'm sure he will update it soon.

dmarc

SENS!!!!!!!
Mar 29, 2009
Anyone else having issues with the newest Beta release?
My game randomly crashes when I go to view a boxscore, doesn't always happen so its hard to pinpoint what causes it
Also game log now only has most recent game and first game of the season.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
My game randomly crashes when I go to view a boxscore, doesn't always happen so its hard to pinpoint what causes it

Yea there was a corruption issue with one of the releases, the crash is fixed now but some of the game log data was lost (any games played with the impacted build). More fixes on the way.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015

Yea there was a corruption issue with one of the releases, the crash is fixed now but some of the game log data was lost (any games played with the impacted build). More fixes on the way.
I was having this issue as well and did a report on SI
Odd occurances - 1st rounder released, 15 y/o services

Does the latest fix solve this issue with active games or will I need to start a new one to weed out the corruption?

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Does anyone know how to edit injuries in a database? I'm trying to sign Berard in a 2000 DB but my board keeps vetoing the deal because he's injured for the year. I was trying to use the editor but I couldn't find out a way to change injuries in that.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Does anyone know how to edit injuries in a database? I'm trying to sign Berard in a 2000 DB but my board keeps vetoing the deal because he's injured for the year. I was trying to use the editor but I couldn't find out a way to change injuries in that.

No you should not use the Editor to modify anything in save games it will result in corruption. EHM Assistant would work here but it needs to be updated.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
I was having this issue as well and did a report on SI
Odd occurances - 1st rounder released, 15 y/o services

Does the latest fix solve this issue with active games or will I need to start a new one to weed out the corruption?

Any historical games played will not be clickable, games played once the new build is installed will work fine, so you will simply have a gap. If you start a new game using the new build all games will be fine.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Getting a disk write error while trying to update the game.
EDIT: ehm.exe seems to be missing. Tried uninstalling to no avail.

EDIT2: Fixed again by disabling my antivirus and re-updating. exe file reappeared in the folder. Very weird.

Last edited:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Getting an error on an old save that looks like it's stopping me from moving past March 10, 2026. For a couple of seasons I've been getting errors rooted in Swedish Allsvenskan League not loading, and since they're in the playoffs, it's now saying that stage 2 didn't load so it is moving to stage 3 and after a couple of gamedays it's now crashing. It's not a league I'm playing in, and the detail level for Sweden is set to Quick Sim.

Edit: Now is see a temp save fire where it is telling me the game is corrupted and can't be loaded
Debug info: v1.5.0b1544712 setup..cpp 1684 (load_game_data(): unable to unpack temporary files)
This is usually caused by either errors during saving or bad sectors on the hard-disk.

A second prompt says v1.5.0b1544712 menubar.cpp 1718

Not unexpected since I've been using this save for a few years now. It is not a recent database, I think it's from 2018.

I do have a recent save from February 17, 2026, but am I wasting my time if I start from there? I gotta redo a trade deadline in that scenario.

Last edited:

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
Just did my first draft since 1.5 came out. I loved it in 1.4 where knowing how to read a scouting report would actually give you a huge benefit while drafting, but also how to spot red flags on players that really looked good. If felt really good when you were able to spot that hidden gem somewhere in the 5th round.

The last draft was just waaaaaaay too easy. If a player predicts to be a first line player, you know it's PA is over 150, I haven't seen a single player with consistency issues and just one who had a low decision stat. Also hardly to no weaker roles (power forwards, defensive forwards, checking forwards, stay at home defenseman, defensive defenseman, enforcers, etc.).
I went full in on the draft, traded away almost every player on my team for draftpicks and drafted 28 players. Checked it with the assistant and all 28 players where over 150 PA without a single bust. In 1.4 if I drafted 28 players I would be happy if 15 had a PA over 150 and wouldn't bust.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Just did my first draft since 1.5 came out. I loved it in 1.4 where knowing how to read a scouting report would actually give you a huge benefit while drafting, but also how to spot red flags on players that really looked good. If felt really good when you were able to spot that hidden gem somewhere in the 5th round.

The last draft was just waaaaaaay too easy. If a player predicts to be a first line player, you know it's PA is over 150, I haven't seen a single player with consistency issues and just one who had a low decision stat. Also hardly to no weaker roles (power forwards, defensive forwards, checking forwards, stay at home defenseman, defensive defenseman, enforcers, etc.).
I went full in on the draft, traded away almost every player on my team for draftpicks and drafted 28 players. Checked it with the assistant and all 28 players where over 150 PA without a single bust. In 1.4 if I drafted 28 players I would be happy if 15 had a PA over 150 and wouldn't bust.

Will be interesting to see if the 28 pan out.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Getting an error on an old save that looks like it's stopping me from moving past March 10, 2026. For a couple of seasons I've been getting errors rooted in Swedish Allsvenskan League not loading, and since they're in the playoffs, it's now saying that stage 2 didn't load so it is moving to stage 3 and after a couple of gamedays it's now crashing. It's not a league I'm playing in, and the detail level for Sweden is set to Quick Sim.

Edit: Now is see a temp save fire where it is telling me the game is corrupted and can't be loaded
Debug info: v1.5.0b1544712 setup..cpp 1684 (load_game_data(): unable to unpack temporary files)
This is usually caused by either errors during saving or bad sectors on the hard-disk.

A second prompt says v1.5.0b1544712 menubar.cpp 1718

Not unexpected since I've been using this save for a few years now. It is not a recent database, I think it's from 2018.

I do have a recent save from February 17, 2026, but am I wasting my time if I start from there? I gotta redo a trade deadline in that scenario.

You may get lucky and it could have been just a one time scheduling issue/conflict.

Reactions: GKJ

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
You may get lucky and it could have been just a one time scheduling issue/conflict.
The one error about the stage 3 hadn’t been appearing until the past few days (of the game), but the other two have been for a while but I just click through it because I wasn’t playing in that league. If I deactivate it might that work?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad