Eastside Hockey Manager - Part VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Changing assistants won't corrupt the database. You probably have something set incorrectly which can be fixed. Usually a "creating shortlists error" means there is something wrong in your extra_config.cfg or possibly your records_config.cfg file. Try temporarily removing these from the sub-folder of your database and see if that fixes the issue. If that still doesn't work, email your database to archibalduk AT gmail DOT com with details of the coaching changes you made and I will see if I can figure it out. I'm pretty busy at the moment so it may take a little bit of time.

The error about the spreadsheets is because you're trying to import a spreadsheet in a format the Editor does not recognise. You should make sure that you enable the "Export as a Research Spreadsheet" setting when you export your attribute spreadsheet from your existing database. This will then be a in format which you can import into other databases.
Thanks very much sir, I will try that.
Definitely the extra_config.cfg. Game didn't crash after I removed it. I just have to find the line that has an error?

Last edited:

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Would even the hashtags and line spaces be a factor, like of I hit return some where?

Shouldn't be, it's mostly when I missed a double quote or had a typo in a player or club name. How I troubleshoot the extra_config is copy it along with the DB to a separate test folder and only include one section of the extra config at a time, if you can start the game on the default settings (would recommend only selecting 'Retain All Teams') with just NHL selected and get it to the team selection menu then you know everything in that section is good. If you were updating players you likely moved a player that has an injury, contract extension or a future transfer (NCAA).

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Shouldn't be, it's mostly when I missed a double quote or had a typo in a player or club name. How I troubleshoot the extra_config is copy it along with the DB to a separate test folder and only include one section of the extra config at a time, if you can start the game on the default settings (would recommend only selecting 'Retain All Teams') with just NHL selected and get it to the team selection menu then you know everything in that section is good. If you were updating players you likely moved a player that has an injury, contract extension or a future transfer (NCAA).
Thanks for the info. I'll try that. And thanks for the database

Turns out it was a line in the injuries. I could not find a typo in that line, but when I deleted it, it started working again...
I retyped it, put it back in, and it still works so, there was a typo, I just couldn't find it.

Last edited:

bashbros32

Jan 12, 2014
Brockville, Ontario
So doing a random test to see how well a team of all top 5 picks would perform in nhlx20.

Took the sockeyes. Took all the 1st round draft picks from the other expansion teams and loaded the game over and over until I confirmed that I had all 5 1-5.

The team:

Lafreniere - Byfield - Savoie
Bedard - Wright - Raymond
Trofimchuk - Geekie - Lambert
Lawrence - Fantilli - Yager

Power - Clarke
Kiviharju - Drysdale
Chayka - Luneau

Askarov
Wallstedt

I do not coach games. I dont use current tactics. I dont use current team selection. I dont use current lines.

Josh Lawrence should be Aatu Raty but I left him in europe for 1 year after drafting him and now hes "super proud" to be playing at any of the 6 KHL teams and currently the Paris flyers and will not move to north america.

Anyways. In the 2028/2029 season I had an incredible year.

78-2-2 record
16-0-0 in the playoffs
Only 2 players at point per game. 0 100 point players.

15762832119751183347586813020883.jpg
15762832316386749735597393329692.jpg
1576283266956649709344364568249.jpg

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Can somebody give me a rundown of how average ratings work in the stats page?

There are 3 rookie centers who put up decent, similar seasons but got low AVR.

anyone able to explain why?

1st center:

Quinton Byfield 20yr old season
82 GP 24 G 33 A 57 P +10 48 PIM
19.2 SH% 9 PPG 8 PPA 1 SHG 198 HITS
19 GA 15 TA 68 SB 46% FO
TOI: 18:17 PP 2:54 PK 1:47
AVR 6.6

2nd center:

Matt Savoie 18/19yr old season
82 GP 17 G 38 A 55 P +23 43 PIM
11.6 SH% 1 PPG 6 PPA 140 HITS
15 GA 7 TA 34 SB 46% FO
TOI: 16:08 PP 1:12 PK 0:48
AVR 6.88

3rd center:

Shane Wright 18/19yr old season
76 GP 24 G 31 A 55 P +2 30 PIM
18.2 SH% 10 PPG 12 PPA 113 HITS
10 GA 10 TA 38 SB 49% FO
TOI: 14:57 PP 2:35 PK 0:03
AVR 6.8

Sorry if this format is completely unreadable.

Any reason these centers aren't sitting in the 7s for avr? Is faceoff ability and giveaway/takeaway ratio that important?

Faceoffs.. they are all below 50%, so they are gonna have low AVR

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
New TBL and Pivot are both ready for release, we fixed a lot of bugs (hopefully) with this update. Just waiting on the Taylor Hall trade to go down and I'll be ready to post both.

Reactions: robertmac43

Steve Shutt

Don't Poke the Bear
May 31, 2007
Is there currently an option for NHL36 with this year's starting rosters without WHA?

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
New TBL and Pivot are both ready for release, we fixed a lot of bugs (hopefully) with this update. Just waiting on the Taylor Hall trade to go down and I'll be ready to post both.

So somewhere between now and July 1st? :naughty: :sarcasm:

bashbros32

Jan 12, 2014
Brockville, Ontario
Exactly how I play!

Now is this just an observation, or more of a complaint? I notice if you tinker with their personal tactics it affects what they do significantly.

Just an observation. If I did tinker with those personal tactics I can usually get Lafreniere above 120 pts per season. In this run I'm just seeing how they sim

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Really? Faceoffs matter THAT much?

Like I know there super important. However for rookies to have close to 50%? I dunno I feel like that's ok

They do. It's why you can never play a W/C at C. If they aren't C first, they will get killed at C.

I don't play centers with less than 16 faceoffs

Reactions: bashbros32

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Pivot DB v4.8 Posted to Steam:

umAjNCl.jpg

Q4IvG8r.jpg

TBL is incoming, will be posted in the next 48 hours, will include all Pivot changes from 4.5 through 4.8 (besides player/staff transfers).

General Updates:
- Added/updated notable prospects for the 2020 and 2021 NHL Entry Drafts
- Cleaned up all affiliations which were invalid, this should help with crashing situations -- big thanks to Riz and IAmActuallyAnOtter!!
- Moved World Cup start date to 2024 with 4 years between comps (earliest possible time we will see it next)

NHL/AHL/ECHL Updates:
- Latest NHL player/staff transfers
- Upped all NHL club reputations, should help with more realistic free agency -- thanks IAmActuallyAnOtter!!
- Organizational refreshes (players, prospects, staff and other details)
-- Florida Panthers/Springfield Thunderbirds
-- Los Angeles Kings/Ontario Reign
-- Minnesota Wild/Iowa Wild/Allen Americans
-- Montréal Canadiens/Laval Rocket
-- Nashville Predators/Milwaukee Admirals/Florida Everblades
-- New Jersey Devils/Binghamton Devils/Adirondack Thunder

Australian Updates:
- Added the Australian Ice Hockey league as human-playable -- full credit to BKArchitect!!

Belarusian Updates:
- Updated Vysshaya League clubs and set to Junior status, as they should have been and updated schedule -- thanks Matee!!
- Performed significant testing of Belarusian Extraliga and Vysshaya League, seems to be working fine, Extraliga B still having issues

Bulgarian Updates:
- Updated all players/staff -- thanks Matee!!

Canadian Updates:
- Updated players/staff for CJHL leagues -- thanks Matee!!
- Updated player career histories for OHL, WHL and QMJHL players -- thanks getzlaf15!!
- Updated OHL, WHL and QMJHL award histories -- thanks getzlaf15!!
- Updated OHL players/staff and draft picks -- thanks Manimal!!
- Fixed league classifications for Manitoba and Saskatchewan Junior Hockey Leagues -- thanks Dani9!!

Estonian Updates:

- Updated all players/staff -- thanks Matee!!

German Updates:
- Updated DEL2 clubs, trophy names, schedule and league structure rules and details (regular season only). -- thanks Schmoo83!!

Israeli Updates:
- Updated all players/staff - thanks Matee!!

Latvian Updates: -- huge thanks to new researcher Alles!!
- Updated cities, clubs, affiliations, arenas, competitions, competition histories, officials and players & staff

Lithuanian Updates:
- Updated Lietuvos Cempionatas clubs, reduced status of clubs to semi-professional and reduced reputations

Netherlands Updates:
- Updated BeNe League clubs, reduced status of clubs to semi-professional and reduced reputations

New Zealand Updates:
- Added the New Zealand Ice Hockey league as human-playable -- full credit to BKArchitect!!

Russian Updates:
- Updated career histories for MHL players -- thanks getzlaf15!!

Swedish Updates:
- Updated player career histories for Allsvenskan, J20 SuperElite and some Ettan players -- thanks getzlaf15!!
- Fixed SHL/Allsvenskan intermittent scheduling issues which led to crashes -- thanks Riz!!

Turkish Updates:
- Updated clubs and players/staff -- thanks Matee!!

UAE Updates:

- Updated Emirates Hockey League clubs

United States Updates:

- Added/updated several USHL/NCAA prospects for the 2020-2022 draft classes -- thanks tealhockey!!!
- Updated all USHL players/staff -- thanks Matee!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad