Eastside Hockey Manager - Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

H3ckt1k

Jan 9, 2015
In my time playing, it's been pretty hit or miss re: the productivity of centres. I'm in an Avs save right now and MacKinnon has like 80 points in 55 games on this one, but on other saves I'll have my 1C barely at a point a game. Tinkering with tactics, teammates, and having solid coaching staffs will help I suppose, but there seems to be an element of randomness to it as well.
Exact same with me, I had a playthrough as Colorado where after year 2 I had to put Mackinnon on the wing because he was doing god awful as a centre, even though the team was doing fantastic. But then other games Mackinnon will be the only player in the league putting up 110+ point seasons as a centre

Reactions: saxonmiller
Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
Hey all, I want to start a career sort of game and climb my up. I can only run the North American leagues as my laptop runs EHM really slowly for some reason (despite running Football Manager pretty well!). Anyway, which league is the better reputation: the CHL leagues or the AHL?

I want to start at the lower end and work up, I'm guessing starting in the juniors then try and progress to an AHL team??

Matt, what detail level is your game running on? I don't coach my games, but I have everything set to 'quick sim' and my 'detail level' is set to None. I noticed it improved the day by day simming better

Not sure if that helps!

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Thanks for using them! Let me know if you have any feedback (positive or negative!)

Thanks for the work you put in. I can’t think of anything negative off the top of my head, I think I saw a few player histories that were missing a season but you probably addressed that in later updates. It’s a great roster with realistic attributes.

Not sure about the other leagues, but if you’re going to play as an NHL team the ECK rosters are just as good as the popular mod at TBL that everyone is waiting for.

Reactions: xECK29x

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
I still miss some career stats of players (for example in Philly).

Working through those when I do all the overhauls. I'm going organization by organization (NHL+AHL+ECHL) club for each NHL team as well as spreading my efforts across other leagues. It's just going to take time.

Matt UK

Mar 31, 2012
Wales, UK
Matt, what detail level is your game running on? I don't coach my games, but I have everything set to 'quick sim' and my 'detail level' is set to None. I noticed it improved the day by day simming better

Not sure if that helps!

Thanks for reply, full detail (41,000) players with leagues from NA and Europe but it's incredibly slow. I watch highlights of each game, will try changing detail level of the leagues I'm not playing in. For an older game, it's pretty slow - especially compared to Football Manager, which I comfortably run with a larger database.

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
Thanks for reply, full detail (41,000) players with leagues from NA and Europe but it's incredibly slow. I watch highlights of each game, will try changing detail level of the leagues I'm not playing in. For an older game, it's pretty slow - especially compared to Football Manager, which I comfortably run with a larger database.

So, I too play with a maxed out database with just the NHL enabled. So, I'm not sure how much in detail the game dives into when you change the detail from say Maximum-to-None, (maybe Riz, Nino, Arch, BK can help me here). But like I just said, I have everything set to 'None'. When I sim and actually watch the games, I have it set to key-only. (Or if I'm looking to really breeze through, I'll set the clock, match speed to really fast, and highlights off).

I'm not sure how else to really speed it up really. I set my computer to Airplane mode so it doesn't lock up persay (I have an old Toshiba laptop from 2013 mind you :thumbd:). I have FM2015 with only Portugal and Spain loaded and it does seem to go by better.

Hopefully my suggestions help a bit! :thumbu:

Last edited:

Nino33

Jul 5, 2015
So, I too play with a maxed out database with just the NHL enabled. So, I'm not sure how much in detail the game dives into when you change the detail from say Maximum-to-None, (maybe Riz, Nino, Arch, BK can help me here). But like I just said, I have everything set to 'None'. When I sim and actually watch the games, I have it set to key-only. (Or if I'm looking to really breeze through, I'll set the clock, match speed to really fast, and highlights off).

I'm not sure how else to really speed it up really. I set my computer to Airplane mode so it doesn't lock up persay (I have an old Toshiba laptop from 2013 mind you :thumbd:). I have FM2015 with only Portugal and Spain loaded and it does seem to go by better.

Hopefully my suggestions help a bit! :thumbu:
I took a look on TBL...there's this thread from 2017 Non Selected League vs. View Only? - EHM The Blue Line

And there's thread (with posts from 2007-2018 so remember the new/current EHM was released in the spring of 2015 with the last update being January 2017) Detail and Sim Speed / Standard vs Enhanced - Page 2 - EHM The Blue Line

Personally I've always used a full database and maximum detail.
I found a post of mine on TBL from last year that says "With my testing I have all Leagues selected and on Enhanced, Sim Detail is Maximum for everything and database size is Full...and it's about an hour a month, so 10-12 hours per season"

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
Maybe I should ask on the TBL forum but I'm too lazy to create an account.

Does any of you knows if someone tried to use EHM from predictions for a single season? I'm thinking simming 100 of the same season and come up with an estimate of what EHM predicts will happen.

Say for the 2017-2018 season I would use the October 2017 roster update, then Sim the full season 100 times. Recording league standings, player points, etc and compare them with the actual results of the season.

Obviously that would not account for trades (It might be interesting to see if some trades are repeatedly done though) and injuries (with 100 sims I wish to mitigate this effect).

I've looked up on google and found someone making a 2016-2017 season prediction for the Wild.

EHM being a management/simulation game I'm curious to see how it compares to real life, especially with the work everyone puts into the rosters to make them as realistic as possible.

Reactions: pukovnik

filip85

Feb 7, 2017

Does any of you knows if someone tried to use EHM from predictions for a single season? I'm thinking simming 100 of the same season and come up with an estimate of what EHM predicts will happen.

Say for the 2017-2018 season I would use the October 2017 roster update, then Sim the full season 100 times. Recording league standings, player points, etc and compare them with the actual results of the season.

Obviously that would not account for trades (It might be interesting to see if some trades are repeatedly done though) and injuries (with 100 sims I wish to mitigate this effect).

I've looked up on google and found someone making a 2016-2017 season prediction for the Wild.

EHM being a management/simulation game I'm curious to see how it compares to real life, especially with the work everyone puts into the rosters to make them as realistic as possible.

I think youtuber GoldenFM made something smiliar for World Cup in Russia in Football Manager 2018.

Dennis Reynolds

I have to have my tools!
Jun 10, 2011
Paddy's Pub
Question-

I'm using the Great North pack, but I wanted to have a Seattle and Alaska team instead of Saskatchewan and Hamilton.

It was easy to turn Saskatchewan into Seattle.

But to turn Hamilton into Alaska, I wanted to move it to the West Conference, and then send Detroit to the East to make room.

I've got both Alaska and Detroit set to the correct new division in the "Clubs" menu in the editor, but when I boot up the game, they don't appear in their new respective divisions. I'm certain it has to do with the fact that I swapped their conferences, but I can't find out how to fix it.

Any ideas?

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Question-

I'm using the Great North pack, but I wanted to have a Seattle and Alaska team instead of Saskatchewan and Hamilton.

It was easy to turn Saskatchewan into Seattle.

But to turn Hamilton into Alaska, I wanted to move it to the West Conference, and then send Detroit to the East to make room.

I've got both Alaska and Detroit set to the correct new division in the "Clubs" menu in the editor, but when I boot up the game, they don't appear in their new respective divisions. I'm certain it has to do with the fact that I swapped their conferences, but I can't find out how to fix it.

Any ideas?

Share your DB with me and I'll take a look.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Happy Thanksgiving for all my fellow American users!

v3.11 Release Notes:

Download:

Database:
Steam: Steam Workshop :: [2018-19] xECK29x's Premier Pivot Rosters (v3.11)
Non-Steam: Dropbox - xECK29x-Rosters-v3.11.zip

Logo Pack:
Steam: Steam Workshop :: Logo Pack (v1.5) for xECK29x's Premier Pivot Rosters (by Dani9 + BKArchitect)
Non-Steam: Dropbox - xECK29x-Logos-v1.5.zip

General Updates:
- Increased reserve list for OHL/QMJHL/WHL teams again from 50 to 60 due to some teams that have stockpiled draft picks over the years (looking at you Flint)
- Updated transfer rules for KHL and VHL. - Thanks YouTube_Bossikom!
- Updated points rules for KHL/VHL/Pervaya Liga - Thanks YouTube_Bossikom!

NHL/AHL Updates:
- Latest transactions including Wilson suspension update and latest trades/signings and coach firings/hirings
- Calgary Flames/Stockton Heat (club records, player records, retired numbers, players and staff)

ECHL Updates:
- Kansas City Mavericks (colors, club records, player records, retired number, players and staff)

OHL Updates:
- Flint Firebirds (arena, attendance, club records, player record, players and staff)

QMJHL Updates:
- Updated club histories (thanks ESHMfan01!)
- Blainville-Boisbriand Armada (arena, attendance, club records, player records, players and staff)

WHL Updates:
- Edmonton Oil Kings (club records, player records, players and staff)

Czech Updates:
- Updated club histories (thanks ESHMfan01!)
- Updated age limit and league structure/clubs/rules of DHL Extraliga (U19) and retired all U18 teams.
- Updated Czech club full names and colors
- Updated Bili Tygri Liberec Jrs and BK Mlada Boleslav Jrs

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk

That could be actually a very interesting option in the game.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Pushed a small update this morning (Steam only), looks like I missed the Chicago/Rockford coaching changes in the last update.

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
The arena must have expansion capacity set in the DB and it can be requested of your board if they have enough resources and desire to spend on it.

Ok, thanks ! I am asking because I would give my both hands that I saw one screenshoot at EHM forums where one guy got arena expanded in his save with HV71 in year 2060-ish.

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
Which database is the best to utilize the most leagues internationally? A poster from TBL suggested a whole bunch of different leagues that would be for developmental purposes for newgens

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Which database is the best to utilize the most leagues internationally? A poster from TBL suggested a whole bunch of different leagues that would be for developmental purposes for newgens

Human playable or as fillers? I can say I probably have the most leagues for development and generation of talent as I have created hundreds of junior level teams and competitions across all levels of hockey and provided them enough reputation to generate scout-able talent.

But I know BK has spent a lot of time creating "pools" for junior level talent by condensing the shear number of teams but more importantly the gap between reputations and the ability to move up.

I try to pool teams in this way:
Bantam A/AA - 450-550
Bantam AAA 500-700
Minor Midget (A/AA) 500-750
Minor Midget AAA 750-1000
Midget A/AA 750-1000
Midget AAA 1000-2000
Major Junior A/AA 2000-3000
Major Junior AAA 3000-4000
College (depends on circuit) 2000-5000

Last edited:

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
v3.12: Another small update, will likely be pretty quiet for the next week or two, will patch in any major transactions but things will be busy at work over the next two weeks.

Download:

Steam: Steam Workshop :: [2018-19] xECK29x's Premier Pivot Rosters (v3.12)
Non-Steam: Dropbox - xECK29x-Rosters-v3.12.zip

Logo Pack:
Steam: Steam Workshop :: Logo Pack (v1.6) for xECK29x's Premier Pivot Rosters (by Dani9 + BKArchitect)
Non-Steam: Dropbox - xECK29x-Logos-v1.6.zip

General Updates:
- Updated Champions Hockey League Continental licenses, seeding of teams in the tournament are now accurate for 2018 (thanks Manaus125!)
- Updated some club and competition names
- Added/updated Slovenian International Hockey League (IntHL)
- Elevated some Slovenian International Hockey League and Optibet hokeja liga clubs to Professional from Semi-Professional
- Fixed issue with KHL salaries, salary cap was set to weekly wages instead of yearly, causing the inflated looking numbers

NHL/AHL Updates:
- Latest major transactions (ARI/CHI trade) & Hextall firing
- Carolina Hurricanes/Charlotte Checkers (club records, player records, attendance, players and staff)

ECHL Updates:
- Florida Everblades (attendance, rivals, club records, player records, retired numbers, players and staff)

QMJHL Updates:
- Added several players to Acadie-Bathurst roster and added recently drafted players (thanks MrGeeky!)

Latvia Updates:
- Updated clubs for Latvian Optibet hokeja liga
- Renamed Latvia 1.liga to Junioru Attistibas Hokeja liga and created clubs/affiliations, created transfer rules copying Russian Minor Hockey League, this league will not have accurate player ages due to game limitations with different clubs having different age restrictions. Acts as new Latvia U20 league
- Retired Latvian U18 clubs
- Added Latvia U16 and U17 divisions and clubs

Slovakia Updates:
- Updated clubs and divisions for 2.Liga

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
v3.12: Another small update, will likely be pretty quiet for the next week or two, will patch in any major transactions but things will be busy at work over the next two weeks.

Download:

Steam: Steam Workshop :: [2018-19] xECK29x's Premier Pivot Rosters (v3.12)
Non-Steam: Dropbox - xECK29x-Rosters-v3.12.zip

Logo Pack:
Steam: Steam Workshop :: Logo Pack (v1.6) for xECK29x's Premier Pivot Rosters (by Dani9 + BKArchitect)
Non-Steam: Dropbox - xECK29x-Logos-v1.6.zip

General Updates:
- Updated Champions Hockey League Continental licenses, seeding of teams in the tournament are now accurate for 2018 (thanks Manaus125!)
- Updated some club and competition names
- Added/updated Slovenian International Hockey League (IntHL)
- Elevated some Slovenian International Hockey League and Optibet hokeja liga clubs to Professional from Semi-Professional
- Fixed issue with KHL salaries, salary cap was set to weekly wages instead of yearly, causing the inflated looking numbers

NHL/AHL Updates:
- Latest major transactions (ARI/CHI trade) & Hextall firing
- Carolina Hurricanes/Charlotte Checkers (club records, player records, attendance, players and staff)

ECHL Updates:
- Florida Everblades (attendance, rivals, club records, player records, retired numbers, players and staff)

QMJHL Updates:
- Added several players to Acadie-Bathurst roster and added recently drafted players (thanks MrGeeky!)

Latvia Updates:
- Updated clubs for Latvian Optibet hokeja liga
- Renamed Latvia 1.liga to Junioru Attistibas Hokeja liga and created clubs/affiliations, created transfer rules copying Russian Minor Hockey League, this league will not have accurate player ages due to game limitations with different clubs having different age restrictions. Acts as new Latvia U20 league
- Retired Latvian U18 clubs
- Added Latvia U16 and U17 divisions and clubs

Slovakia Updates:
- Updated clubs and divisions for 2.Liga

Just wanted to thank you for your hard work on these rosters. They're a pleasure to play.

Reactions: xECK29x
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad