Eastside Hockey Manager - Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
- Junior/Midget/Bantam leagues where one team gets an influx of like 20 generated prospects in a season while other teams remain completely "blank" with only the grayed out players who aren't actually in the game. This even creeps into the NCAA to some degree if you play long enough.

- Said Junior/Midget/Bantam teams filled with players not of that region or even country...now some of this I've come to realize is if you don't have a proper selection of Bantam/Midget for the CHL to draft from, the CPU will generate the players anyways and stick them on weird teams.

- But more to SEPH's point, sometimes a random team will get loaded with all kinds of generated prospects from an assortment of bizarre countries.

As far as the weird nationalities of computer generated prospects infiltrating all manner of North American youth levels - I wonder if you create a "Team Kuwait U20, U18, and U16" league/club team based in Kuwait (as an example...duplicate for all countires) - if that will give the computer a place to put these prospects instead of filling up other countries' leagues?

I’ve echoed it here before that I notice the youngest and most obscure Bantom/Midget teams will have a full squad of Qatari/Kuwait/Thailand/Spain players. I don’t mind that, but what I don’t get is seeing these players post ridiculous stats for Bantom age, but yet having all 1’s in each category but 99 in aggression (LOL.)

I guess for future renditions of EHM (if that ever came across the table) I would love seeing all countries and their leagues have players that develop in that country. I feel like that way, when the game updates, you’ll have a Turkmenistani player, come through the Turkmenistani-League (or an Asian League) and it provides more realism. Rather than scouting through Midget/High School level players and seeing a crazy spectrum of random countries making up a roster.

In the database I play with, Mexico produces solid players that play in Europe. I think if more competitions were hard coded into the game, you can see countries produce better talent.

AdamParrot

Mar 10, 2015
I have new f***ING BIG idea.

What do you think about database with all-time best players for each club (expect Vegas)?

For example: Bobby Hull, Patrick Kane, Stan Mikita, Chris Chelios, Jonathan Toews, Tony Esposito etc. would be in Chicago. Mario Lemieux, Jaromir Jagr, Sidney Crosby, Evgeni Malkin, Kris Letang, MAF etc. in Pittsburgh. Lindros, LeClair, Clarke, Howe, Desjardins, Barber, Giroux in Philly etc.

And where go players like Roy or S. Niedermayer? There where they were longer.

Salary cap would be 200M (so era without cap again).

Dubcanesfan

Jan 6, 2016
One thing I wish that could be better is contracts that players are wanting in the off-season. I had the chance to get nylander for 3 million on a qualifying offer at just 1 year when the reality is that he should be asking double the price for multiple years similar situation with Larkin. Does updating the database help with that at all or is that a software update that they need to fix? I love ehm there is just a few things that they could do to make the game better and more realistic

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
One thing I wish that could be better is contracts that players are wanting in the off-season. I had the chance to get nylander for 3 million on a qualifying offer at just 1 year when the reality is that he should be asking double the price for multiple years similar situation with Larkin. Does updating the database help with that at all or is that a software update that they need to fix? I love ehm there is just a few things that they could do to make the game better and more realistic

That really comes down to the software doing a poor job of simulating asking prices...in my opinion anyways.

Reactions: Dubcanesfan

ManyIdeas

Feb 14, 2012
St. Louis
Maybe I just don't understand what the deal is, but I'm using EKC's database/roster and after 1 season, a bunch of people that should definitely be RFAs are now UFAs (Age 21/24).

Did I miss doing something that caused this?

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Maybe I just don't understand what the deal is, but I'm using EKC's database/roster and after 1 season, a bunch of people that should definitely be RFAs are now UFAs (Age 21/24).

Did I miss doing something that caused this?

They did not receive their QOs.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
That really comes down to the software doing a poor job of simulating asking prices...in my opinion anyways.

Could also be reputation of the players in the DB as well, I know I have some work to do there and I am adjusting it. But for the first season in the game players on the market appear to be treated like "on the market for a while" and thus just desperate to sign for short and cheap.

ManyIdeas

Feb 14, 2012
St. Louis
They did not receive their QOs.
Gotcha. Save is on June 28th or so, because I got angry and rage quit. Is it too late to give them their qualifying offers, and if not, where is that an option? I've tried offering them a contract outright, and that didnt do the trick and they still went ufa on july 1

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Gotcha. Save is on June 28th or so, because I got angry and rage quit. Is it too late to give them their qualifying offers, and if not, where is that an option? I've tried offering them a contract outright, and that didnt do the trick and they still went ufa on july 1

When you offer a contract outright, there should be a line on the contract offer page about the minimum offer required to retain their rights. Basically, just offer a one-year deal with a salary (not signing bonus) larger than this value and it will serve as the QO.

I have occasionally had a bug where it doesn’t qualify them, but it’s rare.

MasterMatt25

Nov 19, 2014
Montreal
Here's a complete list of real prospects in NHL32/36 for the 2019 NHL draft and beyond from countries OTHER than Canada, USA, Russia, Sweden and Finland. If anybody wants to suggest some names to add to help fill out these countries' futures, I'm all ears. If I'm adding a prospect, need to have at minimum: height & weight, date of birth, and shooting hand plus at least a basic description of the players' position or how they play is ideal. I am fully capable of going to an U16 league at Eliteprospects and simply randomly adding young players but unless I know a little bit about what actual position they play and/or have a small description of the type game they have, I don't really want to add them. Whats the point of having their name in the game if their size, position and type of game is completely random?

AUSTRIA
2019 Draft - Marco Rossi

BELARUS
2019 - Vladimir Alistrov, Ignat Belov

CZECH REPUBLIC
2019 - Michal Teply, Matej Toman, Jonas Peterak, Filip Prikryl, Martin Hugo Has, Martin Lang, Jan Mlcak, Vojtech Strondala, Marcel Barinka, Adam Najman, Patrik Rasin, David Vitouch, Filip Koffer, Lukas Parik, Ondrej Psenicka
2020 - Jaromir Pytlik, Nick Malik, Adam Raska, David Homola, Radek Kucerik, Simon Kubicek, Jan Mysak
2021 - Stanislav Svozil

DENMARK
2019 - Gustav Green

GERMANY
2019 - Mortiz Seider, Yannick Valenti, Nikita Alexandrov, Tim Fleischer
2020 - Tim Stutzle

GREAT BRITAIN
2019 - Kieran Brown
2020 - Mason Alderson

HUNGARY
2019 - David Kozma, Kristof Papp

JAPAN
2021 - Yusaku Ando, Aito Iguchi

SLOVAKIA
2019 - Maxim Cajkovic, Simon Jellus, Martin Ilencik, Samuel Hlavaj, Peter Melcher
2020 - Samuel Knazko
2022 - Juraj Slafkovsky

SWITZERLAND
2019 - Valentin Nussbaumer, Keijo Weibel, Kyen Sopa, Daniel Schwenninger, Lukas Rubin, David Aebischer
2020 - Noah Delemont, Theo Rochette

And here are the prospects in there for the 2021 and 2022 drafts from Canada, USA, Russia, Sweden and Finland...same applies here (I think the 2018 thru 2020 drafts are pretty well represented for these major powers, way too many names to list):

CANADA
2021 - Cameron Whynot, Peter Reynolds, Israel Mianscum, Zack Stringer, Trevor Wong, Sean Tschigerl, Carson Lambos, Owen Power, Dylan Guenther, Cole Sillinger, Logan Stankoven, Cole Dubinsky, Joshua Roy, Charles-Alexis Legault, Dovar Tinling, Tristan Lennox, Zachary L'Heureux, James Malatesta, Connor Lockhart, Tanner Brown, Zack Ostapchuk, Corson Ceulemans, Colton Dach, Keagan Slaney, Joe Vrbetic, Vincent Iorio, Kyle Jackson, Kalen Szeto, Josh Barnes
2022 - Matthew Savoie, Shane Wright

(For next update, Francesco Arcuri, Brandt Clarke, Roman Schmidt and Daniel Michaud to be added for 2021)

FINLAND
2021 - Aatu Raty, Niko Huuhtanen

RUSSIA
2021 - Nikita Chibrikov, Daniil Avershin, Daniil Chayka

(For next update, Matvei Petrov and Nikolai Makarov to be added for 2021 and Nikita Sakharov and Kirill Dolzhenkov for 2022)

SWEDEN
2021 - Jesper Wallstadt, William Eklund

USA
2021 - Dylan Gratton, Michael Bevilacqua, Anthony Agostinelli, Matt Beniers, Ryan St. Louis, Aiden Hreschuk, Luke Mittelstadt, Hunter Strand, Sasha Pastujov, Jason Siedem, Drew Tsakounis, Dylan Duke, Matthew Argentina, John Opilka, Jeremy Wilmer, Johnny Waldron, Scott Morrow, Sasha Teleguine, Chaz Lucius, Ethan Straky, Mackie Samoskevich, Luke Hughes, Nick Williams

(For next update, David Codd, Liam Gilmartin and Sam Volturo to be added for 2021)
If you're still looking;

LD Aron Kiviharju - TPS, FIN JRS (2024 Draft)

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
I have new ****ING BIG idea.

What do you think about database with all-time best players for each club (expect Vegas)?

For example: Bobby Hull, Patrick Kane, Stan Mikita, Chris Chelios, Jonathan Toews, Tony Esposito etc. would be in Chicago. Mario Lemieux, Jaromir Jagr, Sidney Crosby, Evgeni Malkin, Kris Letang, MAF etc. in Pittsburgh. Lindros, LeClair, Clarke, Howe, Desjardins, Barber, Giroux in Philly etc.

And where go players like Roy or S. Niedermayer? There where they were longer.

Salary cap would be 200M (so era without cap again).

Aren't there historical rosters on TheBlueLine? Could've sworn there were.

Well.. game-wise, is he putting up the points justifying what hes asking for? Some players just don't want to stay long-term. My first round pick in 2030 bolted for Russia after I offered multiple contract offers and I released his rights *ONLY* to have him come back a year or two later to sign with the Capitals.

Could also depend on the database. While I'm very thankful for the multiple databases that were out (eCK, BK, TBL), it kind of became overwhelming for me to keep up with every updated one. I just play with the default 2016 rosters and everything works fine for me.

AdamParrot

Mar 10, 2015
Aren't there historical rosters on TheBlueLine? Could've sworn there were.
You probably don't understand me. I didn't mean roster from one historical season. But roster with all-time best player for each club.

As a I wrote: for example: In Philadelphia would be Clarke, Howe, Lindros, Barber, Desjardins, Timonen, Parent, Hextall, Lindbergh, Giroux, Voracek, Leach in one team, in Philly. In Montreal would be Richard, Lafleur, Believau, Roy, S. Koivu etc. In Pittsburgh would be Barrasso, Fleury, Lemieux, Crosby, Jagr, Malkin, Letang, MAF etc.

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
You probably don't understand me. I didn't mean roster from one historical season. But roster with all-time best player for each club.

As a I wrote: for example: In Philadelphia would be Clarke, Howe, Lindros, Barber, Desjardins, Timonen, Parent, Hextall, Lindbergh, Giroux, Voracek, Leach in one team, in Philly. In Montreal would be Richard, Lafleur, Believau, Roy, S. Koivu etc. In Pittsburgh would be Barrasso, Fleury, Lemieux, Crosby, Jagr, Malkin, Letang, MAF etc.

Ah, I wouldn't say it's impossible, but creating a database of the past 50-100 years would be a daunting task. That would be thousands and thousands of players, and it would have to be a team working on that. Maybe you could try FHM?

pucku33

Dec 12, 2013
One thing I have found really enjoyable about this game again are personal challenges. The game itself is incredibly easy, which seems to stem from trading and waivers, stupid AI decisions. The challenge that I created if anyone else wants to partake:

Choose a non-playoff team from the previous season (bonus points if they have a bad contract. looking at you, Sens and Habs!)
No waiver claims allowed, ever.
No free agent signings
No trades (even draft picks)

see how far you can go before you get fired. The draft becomes incredibly important as you're picking to fill out your future roster. Injuries also become much more problematic, forcing you to become creative. Just thought I would share!

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
One thing I have found really enjoyable about this game again are personal challenges. The game itself is incredibly easy, which seems to stem from trading and waivers, stupid AI decisions. The challenge that I created if anyone else wants to partake:

Choose a non-playoff team from the previous season (bonus points if they have a bad contract. looking at you, Sens and Habs!)
No waiver claims allowed, ever.
No free agent signings
No trades (even draft picks)

see how far you can go before you get fired. The draft becomes incredibly important as you're picking to fill out your future roster. Injuries also become much more problematic, forcing you to become creative. Just thought I would share!

I've never noticed the game being 'easy', even with EHM 07, I was in awe with how posters would show certain players hit crack 150-200 points, but then turn around and say that this game (EHM1) isn't realistic enough. :skeptic:

My limitations are to build a team with draft picks only, and do one-two free agent signings in the summer.

GBHockey

Jun 2, 2018
I've never noticed the game being 'easy', even with EHM 07, I was in awe with how posters would show certain players hit crack 150-200 points, but then turn around and say that this game (EHM1) isn't realistic enough. :skeptic:

My limitations are to build a team with draft picks only, and do one-two free agent signings in the summer.
A lot of the high points comes from certain tactics people download from the steam workshop or TBL. I downloaded one a year or two ago, think it was a 'barrage' shooting tactic and Andrei Svechnikov hit 141 points in one season, with over 120 points in around 5+ seasons. It was quite ridiculous and pretty quickly became a bit boring.

If people do their own tactics and basically just play the game completely manually as its intended (nothing wrong with downloading OP tactics etc..) then even getting players to reach 100 points is sometimes a difficult task.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
I usually experience the opposite of this...a former 1st-3rd round player who's developing into a good AHL player by the end of his ELC but still not an NHL player asking for $2-3M. My games always have some grwat young players bolting for the KHL and develping because their NHL asking price is ridiculous (and then they'll sign for less in the KHL). I think the link between reputation and contract ask is too closely related and focused too little on their actual performance.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Pushed 3.2 update:

Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/fil ... 1428241604
Non-Steam: http://bit.ly/2LeZtd7

- Updated player/staff transactions across multiple leagues
- Made adjustments to players based on fan feedback
- Added USHL rights to 2014-2018 draft classes and created players
- Updated USHL schedule (game still crashes if you try to start as a GM of a USHL team)
- Moved Olympic draw date back 4 years
- Re-enabled goalies to be drafted in the CHL Import Draft
- Raised salary floor to 60.8m (thanks Andrew55!)
- Fixed NHL/AHL/ECHL historical club records being off by one year

eternalbedhead

Let's not rebuild and say we did
Aug 10, 2015
Corona, CA
I'm GM-ing the Pingus right now, but as a Ducks fan, I found myself kinda pissed to find out that my scouts are comparing Antoine Morand to Sidney Crosby after in-game GMBM traded him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad