Eastside Hockey Manager - Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
I'm GM-ing the Pingus right now, but as a Ducks fan, I found myself kinda pissed to find out that my scouts are comparing Antoine Morand to Sidney Crosby after in-game GMBM traded him.

You can never trust the in-game scouts. There’s a guide on TBL on how to dissect scouting reports and how accurate your scouts can be.

That’s odd, Morand only panned out as a third liner for me and I traded him. Oh well!

AdamParrot

Mar 10, 2015
Ah, I wouldn't say it's impossible, but creating a database of the past 50-100 years would be a daunting task. That would be thousands and thousands of players, and it would have to be a team working on that. Maybe you could try FHM?
Oh, my.. it's not about thousand players, about 50 years.

That roster would be in 2018-19 season normally. But in every club would be their best all-time players. Players from 1910-1920 would have 28 years. 1920-1930: 27 years. 1930-1940: 26 years. 1940-1950: 25 years. 1950-1960: 24 years. 1960-1970: 23 years. 1970-1980: 22 years. 1980-1990: 21 years. 1990-2000: 20 years

Every club should have about 35-40 players due to AHL teams.

KWPower

Mar 1, 2018
Thunder Bay, Ontario
I'm GM-ing the Pingus right now, but as a Ducks fan, I found myself kinda pissed to find out that my scouts are comparing Antoine Morand to Sidney Crosby after in-game GMBM traded him.
the discipline stat has a lot to do with how a scout judges a players' comparable I'm pretty sure, so maybe scout him with someone with competent stats and good discipline for a better reading? Idk. I've had low end low potential players compared to some good players like Turris or Backstrom and I just don't see it. The player projection is sort of silly anyways. I don't have any proof to back it up but I'm pretty sure it just uses a NHL player with comparable O/D roles and the same player type.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
the discipline stat has a lot to do with how a scout judges a players' comparable I'm pretty sure, so maybe scout him with someone with competent stats and good discipline for a better reading? Idk. I've had low end low potential players compared to some good players like Turris or Backstrom and I just don't see it. The player projection is sort of silly anyways. I don't have any proof to back it up but I'm pretty sure it just uses a NHL player with comparable O/D roles and the same player type.

Good to know about determination if that is true, I will factor that into my DB when I swing to updating staffs. Will make sure the heads of scouting are high in that stat.

Also correct, this is meant to be more player type and style, not upside of.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Pushed 3.2 update:

Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/fil ... 1428241604
Non-Steam: Dropbox - xECK29x-Rosters-v3.2.zip
http://bit.ly/2LeZtd7
- Updated player/staff transactions across multiple leagues
- Made adjustments to players based on fan feedback
- Added USHL rights to 2014-2018 draft classes and created players
- Updated USHL schedule (game still crashes if you try to start as a GM of a USHL team)
- Moved Olympic draw date back 4 years
- Re-enabled goalies to be drafted in the CHL Import Draft
- Raised salary floor to 60.8m (thanks Andrew55!)
- Fixed NHL/AHL/ECHL historical club records being off by one year

I got the itch to play this again.

The app keeps crashing when I try to download this.

dellzor

Bo Horvat's Head
Nov 21, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Thanks for the input guys.

As far as crashes while playing primarily as a CHL team, all I can say is that while I try to keep things accurate (in terms of current CHL rosters) and future NHL prospects), the emphasis on this database is the NHL and theoretical (or real in the case of Seattle) expansion scenarios. You are free to download and edit the database as you see fit, as listro has done but the emphasis will continue to be more on the NHL experience.

I have "un-packed" many of the top Midget and Bantam leagues for the next update so the GTHL, HEO, Hockey Alliance, Eastern AAA, SCTA, etc Ontario midget leagues, the CSSHL, Alberta AAA Bantam, etc and Quebec, Nova Scotia, etc midget leagues so that the behavior of EHM in terms of adding new generated players to supply the CHL will be more accurate but the Junior B/C leagues and most of the US high schools and Junior Tier III leagues will still be consolidated. The nice thing about recreating many of the Canadian midget/bantam leagues from scratch is I've been able to fully update those leagues/teams/team colors/team logos. But for a "full" experience for all the multitudes of youth and minor junior levels I'd still recommend trying out xECK's or TBL's rosters as it will never be my goal to have every single league possible.

Update is taking a while also because I have been tweaking every single NHL team depth chart and prospect pool with input from not only EP and THN's depth charts but surfing every single club's HFBoards forum and SB Nation page for articles and potential rosters/depth charts for the upcoming 2018-19 season - so a lot of tweaking to start to decline older vets and keep improving potential NHL rookies for 2018-19 - or at least guys each fan base considers as potential breakout players/prospects who can challenge for spots. Again - I see the point of a 2018-19 database not to reflect the past but to anticipate the future. I'll also likely re-implement an expansion draft file setup for Seattle as most of the UFA's out there are now signed so it is increasingly hard to put together an even remotely capable Seattle (or all the other clubs in NHL36) from just the UFA pool.

Thanks!

Also un-packed and updated all the major midget leagues in the US...many were badly in need of updating (HPHL, Tier 1, NAPHL, USPHL Midget, AYHL).
mrgreen.gif

Part of the length of this update is ensuring all the logos are updated in "dani9" style as well with the larger medium team logos and glossy button small logos. Lots of updated logos, colors and a lot of re-naming to ensure compatibility with NHL32/36. Next update will have another logo addendum pack to ensure all US/Canadian leagues and clubs in NHL32/36 are updated to the same style.

^ - BKArchitect's update is coming soon :O

Excited >:D

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
@Delizor - Would you mind if I implemented some of your updates into my DB, with full credit of course? This sounds like terrific work!!

Dubcanesfan

Jan 6, 2016
I'm looking to join an online league that I can play for a long time that isn't about to end. If anyone has some they know I can join please reply back!

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
So I’m currently trying to edit Portugal in my saved game. I was able to do it before, but somehow forgot the steps.. I got them to play in the World Championships, but would love for them to play in the Euro Challenge games that they have in the early year.

Would I use the TBL Editor or the EHM Assistant? I have both but I can’t remember

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Trying to combine some information into what I'm trying to accomplish. I can edit national teams via the assistant to make their senior/U-20 teams stronger, mostly by making their country's importance level higher? And then perhaps editing the players when they populate?

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
So I've finally completed a major upgrade that will be in the next version of NHL36 & NHL32!

- The USHL is now playable again as a human GM with no crashing errors.
- The NCDC (National Collegiate Development Conference), the 12-team top tier of USPHL junior league (United States) is now also fully playable. This all Tier I & Tier II American junior leagues (USHL, NAHL, NCDC) are fully integrated into the DB.
- The biggest news though is that the entire Canadian Junior ('A') Hockey League system is also fully implemented. This is 133 team junior teams spanning 10 conferences across Canada (BCHL, AJHL, SJHL, MJHL, SIJHL, NOJHL, OJHL, CCHL, QJHL & MHL). It includes winners of the Doyle Cup, ANAVET Cup, Fred Page Cup and Dudley-Hewitt Cup moving on to the Memorial Cup style RBC Cup competition which crowns the top Junior A club in Canada each year.

Sneak peak screens below. I still have to add competition awards for each league and the RBC Cup but when complete, this will be a fully-functional setup the records history and awards.

Also included will be a revised full North America logo pack matching "dani9" style logos for all clubs and competitions in North America in NHL36 & NHL 32. Clubs, colors, logos and league setups updated for 2018-19, including the entire CJHL system (with color coded competition logos for the CJHL regions). The logo pack will also include all N.A. updated logos for teams such as the San Jose Barracuda, Guelph Storm and others new for 18-19. Plus the Penguins logos have been updated to the proper shade of yellow. As always, you'll need to make sure you have dani9's most recent logo packs (both club and national) installed first - then you'll apply the NHL36/32 North American logo updates on top. Besides updating logos, it should not affect the logo setups for other DB's, merely add proper subfolders and names for NHL36/32 DB clubs.

You'll notice on the setup screen the newly playable junior leagues. Selecting the RBC Cup will automatically select all the CJHL competitions (similar to selecting the Memorial Cup for the CHL leagues).

570cb92f9d688ad934c29bd08360c75e.jpg

9cfafc76afc8edffe2df4b3b53d2187b.jpg

As mentioned, fully updated leagues structures and logos. To make the setup work correctly, the leagues were grouped as conferences by Cup competition.

3f1166abf5e070b8db92709723b8e805.jpg

The CJHL Pacific has the BCHL & AJHL. Schedules are based on real schedules so no cross-over until the Doyle Cup Final. Winners are crowned for the BCHL & AJHL after full regular seasons and league playoff brackets and the BCHL champ and AJHL champ then square off in a 7-game series for the Doyle Cup and the Doyle Cup winner moves on to the RBC Cup.

b2d5dc877b0b6d4c9faa83ffcfb154bc.jpg

9f948688bc819b42cbb0993964803228.jpg

The CJHL West has the SJHL & MJHL. Schedules are based on real schedules so no cross-over until the AVANET Cup Final. Winners are crowned for the SJHL & MJHL after full regular seasons and league playoff brackets and the SJHL champ and MJHL champ then square off in a 7-game series for the AVANET Cup and the AVANET Cup winner moves on to the RBC Cup.

cabc6e382bf8a7ec81dc310000e4d96e.jpg

The CJHL Central has the SIJHL, NOJHL & OHJL. Schedules are based on real schedules so no cross-over until the Dudley-Hewitt Cup Final. Winners are crowned for each of the SIJHL, NOJHL & OJHL after full regular seasons and league playoff brackets and the three league champions then square off in an elimination tournament for the Dudley-Hewitt Cup and the Dudley-Hewitt Cup winner moves on to the RBC Cup.

300b33113732de82158443088ebfcad7.jpg

bb8a75914c3c85c3c24b452a70ae65dd.jpg

The CJHL East has the CCHL, QJHL & MHL. Schedules are based on real schedules so no cross-over until the Fred Page Cup Final. Winners are crowned for each of the CCHL, QJHL & MHL after full regular seasons and league playoff brackets and the three league champions then square off in an elimination tournament for the Fred Page Cup and the Fred Page Cup winner moves on to the RBC Cup.

c49fc8103ab1d6c0b7d41aed13ee450b.jpg

c8fde764e1989c86c59ad4f98954869a.png

The CJHL RBC Cup Tournament features 5 teams; the 4 regional Cup champions and a randomly selected host city club. These 5 teams play a 4-game round-robin tournament. The top 4 move on to a seeded "Final Four" - with the champion claiming the title as "Top Junior A Club" in all of Canada (albeit - there are a few American teams in the CJHL!).

36f5d243e7c6e209742fd9a38de6e65d.jpg

cd134d21954fbfda49a2855d624b81a0.png

The CJHL & NCDC are important feeder leagues for the NCAA and, in the case of the CJHL, also cross-pollinate with the CHL (Major Junior hockey). Because each CJHL league has a slightly different schedule, I modified all the schedule templates to produce a consistent 56-game slate for each league. There also may be slight rule tweaks that need to occur (all CJHL models based for now on CHL rules). But overall I'm pretty thrilled with how this turned out. I can't guarantee that playing as a human GM in these leagues will be totally satisfying (for example, the USHL still doesn't even have a draft) but they should add depth

I highly, highly recommend turning on both "Add Extra Junior Players" and "Add Extra Players to Playable Teams" if you want to GM any of the teams in these leagues as it will help stock the rosters. All the CJHL rosters have been cleaned up and include many real life prospects (especially those already committed to NCAA programs) but certainly not enough to stock all the teams without extra players being added by the game.

ETA on this update should be early this week, perhaps Monday or Tuesday. My next project will be to get the U Sports (Canadian colleges) playable so that the entire North American university system and all major feeder leagues are fully in the game!

P.S. - Big props to @Holden Caulfield at HFBoards for suggesting this CJHL formatting - it actually works almost perfectly! Thanks for the inspiration Holden! The only thing that doesn't work exactly correct are the Central and East finals because I can't set a 4th "host club" within the parameters of a playoff but still, you get the three division winners, top seed with a bye and ultimately one wins so the net effect is still the same.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
BK you are the f***ing man!! What an update, this will give me so many new options for superstar and just in my normal playing.

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
BK, do you also do work on the TBL Rosters? That would be an awesome addition to that huge database already!

Will the junior hockey league still have real players after the first season? Or will the game auto-populate prospects after the first year?

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
BK, do you also do work on the TBL Rosters? That would be an awesome addition to that huge database already!

Will the junior hockey league still have real players after the first season? Or will the game auto-populate prospects after the first year?

TBL and xECK and I have all agreed to share pretty much everything so once I release the DB they can export the comps and work them into their databases, shouldn't be too difficult.

There's a modest amount of real Junior A players in NHL36/32 - mostly top prospects, guys who are drafted or draft-eligible in the next few years and NCAA commits. But it's like a range of 0-12 per team (some teams that are powerhouses like Penticton are well stocked; other lesser clubs have nobody of note). But it just depends on the database you are using. That's why I'd recommend always turning on extra junior players and extra players on playable teams to "fill" thse Junior A clubs from the start.

Reactions: Doothpick

dellzor

Bo Horvat's Head
Nov 21, 2016
Vancouver, BC
TBL and xECK and I have all agreed to share pretty much everything so once I release the DB they can export the comps and work them into their databases, shouldn't be too difficult.

There's a modest amount of real Junior A players in NHL36/32 - mostly top prospects, guys who are drafted or draft-eligible in the next few years and NCAA commits. But it's like a range of 0-12 per team (some teams that are powerhouses like Penticton are well stocked; other lesser clubs have nobody of note). But it just depends on the database you are using. That's why I'd recommend always turning on extra junior players and extra players on playable teams to "fill" thse Junior A clubs from the start.
I can't wait to play on your updated DB man let's f***in GOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia