Eastside Hockey Manager - Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Anybody have the current Penguins logos (yellow not gold)? Or does anybody know which logo pack has them?

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
It’ll be in the new NHL36 North America logo pack (to match dani9 style) so you can swipe it from the set of Pens logo from there even if you use another database.

Going to be another couple days though. I’ll PM you the logos tomorrow if I remember though!

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
It’ll be in the new NHL36 North America logo pack (to match dani9 style) so you can swipe it from the set of Pens logo from there even if you use another database.

Going to be another couple days though. I’ll PM you the logos tomorrow if I remember though!

First of all thank You for all your great work ! :)

Second, you promised on ehm blue line forum that you will update your DB32 with Quebec/Arizona swap ? Is there any progression ? :)

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Is there anyway to raise the scoring among defensemen in the league, specifically with the assistant? I'm at the All-Star break in the AHL and I've got defensemen who haven't even cracked 20 points making the all-star team, and I'm noticing the same with NHL defensemen.

Reactions: BKarchitect

NCoRe

Dec 30, 2007
Seinäjoki
Is there any online/network game going on or starting soon ? I would love to participate. Played ehm for well over decade

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Is there anyway to raise the scoring among defensemen in the league, specifically with the assistant? I'm at the All-Star break in the AHL and I've got defensemen who haven't even cracked 20 points making the all-star team, and I'm noticing the same with NHL defensemen.

This has always bothered me. If your change detail level to quick or minimum, it really boosts scoring among defenders but it also produces really bizarre results all the way around so the trade off is not worth it IMO.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
This has always bothered me. If your change detail level to quick or minimum, it really boosts scoring among defenders but it also produces really bizarre results all the way around so the trade off is not worth it IMO.

I might take a look at it, because a lot of my messages are defensemen who have 25-game goalless streaks

37 others

Apr 18, 2017

I found quicksim used to do the opposite; it'd prevent defensemen from putting up points.

Reactions: Bieronymus Trotz

dellzor

Bo Horvat's Head
Nov 21, 2016
Vancouver, BC
What bizarre results do you mean :O

Karlsson usually scores like 40-50 points in my sims~

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Pushing a new update in a little bit, looks like I broke a bunch of NCAA future transfers when I updated some team names and forgot to carry them over to the extra_conf.dat, surprised nobody brought that up!

Update Includes:
- Carried over changes to multiple NCAA schools to extra_config to fix transfers that were invalidated with my changes
- Updated Hungarian Erste Liga, Slovakian Tipsport Liga, Slovakian Second Division (2. liga) and Polish First League (clubs only)
- Fixed various duplicated players in HockeyAllsvenskan
- Created players and assigned USHL rights for 2018 Phase I and II draft classes (thanks Shanster925!)
- Added HPHL U15
- Updated various teams across Tier 1 Elite League + added U15 division
- Updated club histories for teams in SPHL/LHAH/FHL (thanks ESHMfan01!)
**Note** I am going to stop setting specific NCAA Division for Player History and just put NCAA as the league for easier importing from EliteProspects, and it's more accurate and in-line with other leagues

Reactions: BKarchitect

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
NHL36/32 v7.0 Series Update
DATA UPDATES
- Updated transactions all major leagues, major junior, college, etc...includes CHL import draftees who are coming over to North America. Latest included updates are the new contracts for Brady Skjei and Tom WIlson as of July 28.
- Updated ECHL affiliations that we know of so far.
- Updated VHL affiliations for KHL clubs.
- Updated 2017-18 NHL Award History and NHL Cup history and added some missing awards and history like the Messier Award and GM of the Year.
DRAFTS
- As usual continued work on prospects for realistic future NHL drafts...added a bunch of Russian '03 born and some more future Finns and massaged the 2019 and 2020 draft crops to reflect current opinions.
NHL DEPTH CHARTS
- Every single NHL teams depth chart and projected line-up updated per depth charts on EP, The Hockew News and each individual HF team forum's lineup discussions for the upcoming season...of course not everybody agrees on everything so it's kind of a synthesis of all these sources.
NEW PLAYABLE LEAGUES
- Entire 133-team CJHL is now playable as described in previous post...now includes awards history as well.
- Same for the 12-team NCDC...also includes awards.
- The SPHL is also back in NHL36 (they never left NHL32) - a few teams graduated to fill the 36-team ECHL format but I backfilled the SPHL with a few additional defunct SPHL clubs to bring it back to life in NHL36.
BUG FIXES
- Fixed the USHL so it should be playable as a human GM.
EXPANDED & UPDATED YOUTH LEAGUES
- Midget, Bantam and major Prep & High School leagues/teams for US and Canada all unpacked and updated. Didn't include every single high school team ever, just think that's overkill - for example, selected the 32 best and most historic New England prep schools and 50 top Minnesota high school programs. Added many, cleaned up their team info, city, arenas and color - every team should have the correct city home and an arena specified in (or near) that city, down to the most remote Bantam AA club in Saskatchewan.
- Teams, colors, logos (see logo pack download) updated for 2018-19 for all CJHL, US Juniors, Prep, High School, Midget and Bantam leagues.
CLEANED UP ALIGNMENTS
- Updates to alignments...I've done some updating to NHL/AHL/ECHL alignments to make it easier for me to convert between NHL36 and NHL32 databases. Now in both databases, I've kept all the real AHL/ECHL affiliations for 18-19 (thus announced) so that required some tweaks to the fantasy alignments.
- Norfolk and Utah are back in their real ECHL homes, the KC Mavericks are back in the ECHL in the NHL36 database and also because of this, the Milwaukee Admirals will no longer be an NHL team in the NHL36 database variations but back in the AHL (as they are starting to get filled with their real 18-19 roster in the AHL).
- In the Original NHL36 database, Milwaukee is replaced by Houston - which is a better alignment anyways because it allows Nashville to stay in the Western Conference and gives the East two expansion teams instead of just Quebec.
NEW NHL32 SEATTLE & QUEBEC DATABASE!
- By popular demand, I've created a 32-team DB with both Seattle and Quebec. Quebec replaces Arizona - all their plays, staffs, contracts and prospects transferred to Quebec!
- For this database, Quebec joins the Atlantic, Buffalo moves to the Metropolitain and Columbus moves to the Central in the Western Conference.
TO-DO LIST
- Re-add expansion drafts for each database since the UFA pool is pretty much totally dried up. So yeah, the v7.0 database is going to be DIFFICULT if you are playing as an expansion team...good luck!
- If you play the CJHL, let me know how it goes...used the CHL as rules base, may need some tweaking.
- Will make U Sports, BCIHL and ACAC playable so every single major US and Canadian college league is playable.
- Will also being massaging European leagues. Need to make KHL playable again (high on list) with new schedule out for 18-19. Will also add some leagues (VHL, MHL) that are playable on other databases and perhaps some U18 and U16 teams from Russia - to match the U18/U16 teams that are in the game from Sweden and Finland.
- Will update NHL franchise history, post 17-18 season and also for the expansion teams that need history like the Nords and Scouts
- Update NHL 17-18 playoff stats history (regular season is of course in there for this past year but not playoff stats yet)
NHL36 NORTH AMERICAN LOGO PACK UPDATE
- Updated compatible NHL36/32 logos in "dani9" style with 85 pixel high large logos and glossy button small logos for all US/Canada leagues from the NHL down to Bantam - includes logos specific to NHL36/32.
- You must first install dani's latest logo megapacks (regular and international). Then install this update for NHL36/32 and overwrite logos when prompted. It won't affect logos displaying with your other databases (aside from updating some) - just adds and reorganizes logos required for NHL36/32.
- Will at some point release a "Rest of the World" pack for compatibility with NHL36/32 so every single logo in the database will be in the same style.

DOWNLOAD NHL36 NORTH AMERICAN LOGOPACK HERE:
Version 7.0 - Original NHL36 Expansion (July 28, 2018)
Dropbox - NHL36 North American Logos.zip
- Remember install dani9's latest logo megapacks first and then overwrite! His packs are available on TBL.

DOWNLOAD NHL36 DATABASES HERE:
Dropbox - NHL36 - Original v7.0.zip
Version 7.0 - NHL36 "Great North" (July 28, 2018)
Dropbox - NHL36 - Great North v7.0.zip
Version 7.0 - NHL36 "City Lights" (July 28, 2018)
Dropbox - NHL36 - City Lights v7.0.zip
Version 7.0 - NHL36 "Wild West" (July 28, 2018)
Dropbox - NHL36 - Wild West v7.0.zip

DOWNLOAD NHL32 DATABASES HERE:
Version 7.0 - Seattle (July 28, 2018)
Dropbox - NHL32 - Seattle v7.0.zip
***NEW*** Version 7.0 - Seattle & Quebec (July 28, 2018)
Dropbox - NHL32 - SeattleQuebec v7.0.zip

Let me know if you experience any bugs or crashes. There is a well-known bug with scouting the NHL Entry draft on a couple particular dates than you can read about further in this thread and the NHL32 thread. It's pretty simple to bypass. Enjoy!

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Can't wait to play an NHL 32 without an expansion draft. Sign all the leftovers haha. Just by setting tactics to barrage shooting I figure I'd still win 20 games. Time to test that.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Can't wait to play an NHL 32 without an expansion draft. Sign all the leftovers haha. Just by setting tactics to barrage shooting I figure I'd still win 20 games. Time to test that.

Here's my initial Seattle line-up...I was able to overpay basically all the top UFA's left to get them to sign ("top" being a nice way of putting "best of the crap left")...a few got away like Sbisa but for the most part I hit on the ones I wanted. I didn't sign any NCAA or KHL guys just to give myself more of a challenge. I also avoided Voynov even though he is by far the top UFA in the pool out of principle:

Scott Hartnell - Antoine Vermette - Rick Nash
Kris Versteeg - Mark Letestu - Drew Stafford
Shawn Matthias - Nick Shore - Jannik Hansen
Lance Bouma - Tommy Wingels - Alex Chiasson
Dennis Rasmussen

Tobias Enstrom - Alexei Emelin
Brandon Davidson - Cody Franson
Jakub Jerabek - Duncan Siemens
Frank Corrado

Steve Mason - Kari Lehtonen
Anders Lindback

I will definitely go waiver wire dumpster diving the week before the season starts, hoping I can add a few decent pieces then.

Re-did my entire staff as well...hired Therrien as HC, Snow as Assistant GM, my coaches are Bobby Carpenter, Joel Otto, Scott Stevens and J.S. Giguere. I can tell you one thing, practices will not be for sissies!

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Here's my initial Seattle line-up...I was able to overpay basically all the top UFA's left to get them to sign ("top" being a nice way of putting "best of the crap left")...a few got away like Sbisa but for the most part I hit on the ones I wanted. I didn't sign any NCAA or KHL guys just to give myself more of a challenge. I also avoided Voynov even though he is by far the top UFA in the pool out of principle:

Scott Hartnell - Antoine Vermette - Rick Nash
Kris Versteeg - Mark Letestu - Drew Stafford
Shawn Matthias - Nick Shore - Jannik Hansen
Lance Bouma - Tommy Wingels - Alex Chiasson
Dennis Rasmussen

Tobias Enstrom - Alexei Emelin
Brandon Davidson - Cody Franson
Jakub Jerabek - Duncan Siemens
Frank Corrado

Steve Mason - Kari Lehtonen
Anders Lindback

I will definitely go waiver wire dumpster diving the week before the season starts, hoping I can add a few decent pieces then.

Re-did my entire staff as well...hired Therrien as HC, Snow as Assistant GM, my coaches are Bobby Carpenter, Joel Otto, Scott Stevens and J.S. Giguere. I can tell you one thing, practices will not be for sissies!

Haha not much scoring talent. I'll probably add a couple NCAA guys (I suppose depending on ratings). I figure it'd be realistic as if you can guarantee NCAA guys playing on NHL roster immediately you could convince a couple to jump to NHL, IMO.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
LOL...so we all know the Canucks signed a bunch of vets this summer...for some reason...even though they are rebuilding. Well the Canucks CPU GM in EHM did not think much of their moves and put half their team on waivers trying to unload the contracts...Beagle, Roussel, Sutter, Gudbranson, Stecher, Schaller. All waived and sent down (I claimed Stecher). He's playing all the younger guys.

Also interestingly, things got so toxic between the Habs and MaxPac that they just waived him as well...I might have to fix this in the next update, I have there being "beef" between Bergervin and MaxPac built-in to the database but even Bergevin wouldn't be this stupid in real life...right? Unfortunately, what would have been a prime waiver pickup for my Totems didn't happen because I was making so many claims that when MaxPac went on waivers, the Avs actually were the ones to get him even though I put in a claim.

So I ended waiver week with the pick-ups of Troy Stecher, P.E. Bellemare and Johan Larsson. Meh. Bellemare and Larson beef up my center depth but provide zero offense. I like Stecher as a modest offensive threat from the blueline, and he's still pretty young. Looks like season opening line-up will be:

Hartnell - Vermette - Nash
Versteeg - Letestu - Stafford
Matthias - Shore - Hansen
Bellemare - Larsson - Chiasson
Wingels

Enstrom - Emelin
Davidson - Stecher
Jerabek - Franson
Corrado

Mason - Lehtonen

dellzor

Bo Horvat's Head
Nov 21, 2016
Vancouver, BC
NHL36/32 v7.0 Series Update
DATA UPDATES
- Updated transactions all major leagues, major junior, college, etc...includes CHL import draftees who are coming over to North America. Latest included updates are the new contracts for Brady Skjei and Tom WIlson as of July 28.
- Updated ECHL affiliations that we know of so far.
- Updated VHL affiliations for KHL clubs.
- Updated 2017-18 NHL Award History and NHL Cup history and added some missing awards and history like the Messier Award and GM of the Year.
DRAFTS
- As usual continued work on prospects for realistic future NHL drafts...added a bunch of Russian '03 born and some more future Finns and massaged the 2019 and 2020 draft crops to reflect current opinions.
NHL DEPTH CHARTS
- Every single NHL teams depth chart and projected line-up updated per depth charts on EP, The Hockew News and each individual HF team forum's lineup discussions for the upcoming season...of course not everybody agrees on everything so it's kind of a synthesis of all these sources.
NEW PLAYABLE LEAGUES
- Entire 133-team CJHL is now playable as described in previous post...now includes awards history as well.
- Same for the 12-team NCDC...also includes awards.
- The SPHL is also back in NHL36 (they never left NHL32) - a few teams graduated to fill the 36-team ECHL format but I backfilled the SPHL with a few additional defunct SPHL clubs to bring it back to life in NHL36.
BUG FIXES
- Fixed the USHL so it should be playable as a human GM.
EXPANDED & UPDATED YOUTH LEAGUES
- Midget, Bantam and major Prep & High School leagues/teams for US and Canada all unpacked and updated. Didn't include every single high school team ever, just think that's overkill - for example, selected the 32 best and most historic New England prep schools and 50 top Minnesota high school programs. Added many, cleaned up their team info, city, arenas and color - every team should have the correct city home and an arena specified in (or near) that city, down to the most remote Bantam AA club in Saskatchewan.
- Teams, colors, logos (see logo pack download) updated for 2018-19 for all CJHL, US Juniors, Prep, High School, Midget and Bantam leagues.
CLEANED UP ALIGNMENTS
- Updates to alignments...I've done some updating to NHL/AHL/ECHL alignments to make it easier for me to convert between NHL36 and NHL32 databases. Now in both databases, I've kept all the real AHL/ECHL affiliations for 18-19 (thus announced) so that required some tweaks to the fantasy alignments.
- Norfolk and Utah are back in their real ECHL homes, the KC Mavericks are back in the ECHL in the NHL36 database and also because of this, the Milwaukee Admirals will no longer be an NHL team in the NHL36 database variations but back in the AHL (as they are starting to get filled with their real 18-19 roster in the AHL).
- In the Original NHL36 database, Milwaukee is replaced by Houston - which is a better alignment anyways because it allows Nashville to stay in the Western Conference and gives the East two expansion teams instead of just Quebec.
NEW NHL32 SEATTLE & QUEBEC DATABASE!
- By popular demand, I've created a 32-team DB with both Seattle and Quebec. Quebec replaces Arizona - all their plays, staffs, contracts and prospects transferred to Quebec!
- For this database, Quebec joins the Atlantic, Buffalo moves to the Metropolitain and Columbus moves to the Central in the Western Conference.
TO-DO LIST
- Re-add expansion drafts for each database since the UFA pool is pretty much totally dried up. So yeah, the v7.0 database is going to be DIFFICULT if you are playing as an expansion team...good luck!
- If you play the CJHL, let me know how it goes...used the CHL as rules base, may need some tweaking.
- Will make U Sports, BCIHL and ACAC playable so every single major US and Canadian college league is playable.
- Will also being massaging European leagues. Need to make KHL playable again (high on list) with new schedule out for 18-19. Will also add some leagues (VHL, MHL) that are playable on other databases and perhaps some U18 and U16 teams from Russia - to match the U18/U16 teams that are in the game from Sweden and Finland.
- Will update NHL franchise history, post 17-18 season and also for the expansion teams that need history like the Nords and Scouts
- Update NHL 17-18 playoff stats history (regular season is of course in there for this past year but not playoff stats yet)
NHL36 NORTH AMERICAN LOGO PACK UPDATE
- Updated compatible NHL36/32 logos in "dani9" style with 85 pixel high large logos and glossy button small logos for all US/Canada leagues from the NHL down to Bantam - includes logos specific to NHL36/32.
- You must first install dani's latest logo megapacks (regular and international). Then install this update for NHL36/32 and overwrite logos when prompted. It won't affect logos displaying with your other databases (aside from updating some) - just adds and reorganizes logos required for NHL36/32.
- Will at some point release a "Rest of the World" pack for compatibility with NHL36/32 so every single logo in the database will be in the same style.

DOWNLOAD NHL36 NORTH AMERICAN LOGOPACK HERE:
Dropbox - NHL36 North American Logos.zip
- Remember install dani9's latest logo megapacks first and then overwrite! His packs are available on TBL.

DOWNLOAD NHL36 DATABASES HERE:
Dropbox - NHL36 - Original v7.0.zip
Version 7.0 - NHL36 "Great North" (July 28, 2018)
Dropbox - NHL36 - Great North v7.0.zip
Version 7.0 - NHL36 "City Lights" (July 28, 2018)
Dropbox - NHL36 - City Lights v7.0.zip
Version 7.0 - NHL36 "Wild West" (July 28, 2018)
Dropbox - NHL36 - Wild West v7.0.zip

DOWNLOAD NHL32 DATABASES HERE:
Version 7.0 - Seattle (July 28, 2018)
Dropbox - NHL32 - Seattle v7.0.zip
***NEW*** Version 7.0 - Seattle & Quebec (July 28, 2018)
Dropbox - NHL32 - SeattleQuebec v7.0.zip

Let me know if you experience any bugs or crashes. There is a well-known bug with scouting the NHL Entry draft on a couple particular dates than you can read about further in this thread and the NHL32 thread. It's pretty simple to bypass. Enjoy!
Trevor Linden is listed as president for the Canucks :O and Judd Brackett is missing as one of the main scouts for the Canucks (director of amateur scouting and wanted Boeser and Gaudette)

dellzor

Bo Horvat's Head
Nov 21, 2016
Vancouver, BC
cMrE9th.png

That's a first

Reactions: Treb
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad