Eastside Hockey Manager - Part IX Maybe 1.5 Edition?

Status
Not open for further replies.

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
Really interesting seeing a non-powerhouse team like Belarus win. I also see that they had a silver medal in the world juniors. Despite how far in the future my saves go I never see lower tier countries perform well.

I think it has to do how many non-NA (euro) leagues you have selected. Even more so if you play in one of them. When I played in DEL, Germany become regular medalist at both WC and WJC within 10 - 12 years into the save, but interesting in my Bern save Swiss didn't win single medal in 15-ish years.

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
Really interesting seeing a non-powerhouse team like Belarus win. I also see that they had a silver medal in the world juniors. Despite how far in the future my saves go I never see lower tier countries perform well.

That WJC silver wasn't even that far into the save. But that was a total fluke in a weird WJC year. IIRC they played Germany in the QF then Switzerland in the SF or something like that.
A big part of their WC success is thanks to dual-nationality Russians playing in the KHL, or gaining Belarussian nationality whilst playing in that league. So most of their team plays in the KHL and they can bring a decent squad to the WC every year. They also had some high NHL draftpicks early in the 2030's from the Dinamo Minsk youth system. I think one went 7th overall even.

Reactions: pukovnik

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Preview of the new Asian Super League in NHLX
- KHL contracts to 24 core traditional teams
- Far East KHL teams join existing AIHL in a more compact, travel-friendly league
- Stronger expansion into Chinese markets
- Korean markets relocate/rebrand
- New league reputation and financial beefed up (currently on par with DEL in my testing - allows clubs to attract and pay North American and Russian talent)

6A3OKa9.png

Quick Links to NHLX Teaser Promos
- Miami Panthers
- Québec Nordiques
- Minnesota Wild

- Asian Super League

Tallasar

Apr 11, 2018
Auckland
Preview of the new Asian Super League in NHLX
- KHL contracts to 24 core traditional teams
- Far East KHL teams join existing AIHL in a more compact, travel-friendly league
- Stronger expansion into Chinese markets
- Korean markets relocate/rebrand
- New league reputation and financial beefed up (currently on par with DEL in my testing - allows clubs to attract and pay North American and Russian talent)

6A3OKa9.png

Quick Links to NHLX Teaser Promos
- Miami Panthers
- Québec Nordiques
- Minnesota Wild

- Asian Super League
As an idea how about an Tasman league with the Australian and New Zealand teams? There was the in the past series between the league champions.

Reactions: BKarchitect

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
One of the things I'm experimenting with in the NHLX series is having more players represent their secondary nationality or heritage in national teams. Particularly players from powerful national team pools like Canada and the U.S. We've seen some of this with North American player being nationalized in places like Germany and Kazakhstan after long playing stints in those other countires as well as China trying to create a larger player pool with Chinese-heritage North American players. But I'm going to take it a step further with the idea of A) creating more interesting national team pools and B) creating a base for stronger CPU-generation of a wider scope of nationalities in the future.

Japan is a very interesting one because they pick up some serious talent. The Suzuki siblings, the Yamamoto's, the Sikura's...some interesting prospect like Jordan Spence, etc. Of course IRL, Nick Suzuki is going to be good enough to represent Canada...likewise Kailer for the USA and Spence just was on the Canadian WJC team. So obviously this is not intended to be true to life - just to add another wrinkle to this database.

Here's some of the better players Japan can add to their pool right off the bat:

Dylan Sikura - Nick Suzuki - Kailer Yamamoto
Taro Hirose - Ryan Suzuki - Kiefer Sherwood
Tyler Sikura - Jon Matsumoto - Kole Sherwood

Stuart Percy - Jordan Spence

I havne't decided what to do with guys like the Robertson brothers who have Filipino heritage but the Philipinnes are not even a hockey playing nation in the database right now.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
v5.4 of Pivot is now live - TBL to be patched in a few days

General Updates:

- Latest notable transactions world-wide
- Tens of thousands of attribute updates for players based on a custom version of the prospect generator -- huge thanks to IAmActuallyAnOtter!!
- Over a thousand European transfer updates and retirements for players/staff -- thanks Matee!!
- Fixed up lots of smaller issues related to competitions
- Removed non-player classification from all prospect generator added players
- Rotated club UIDs to remove any potential issues with hard coded CHL clubs -- thanks Archi for the updated Editor!!
- Updated players generated by prospect generator based on algorithm updates and other tweaks -- thanks IAmActuallyAnOtter!!
- Updated hundreds of short names for (mostly inactive) clubs to reduce potential issues

Canadian Updates:

- Lowered reputations of some C-level junior leagues
- Updated attributes and CA/PA for some future elite/generational talents in the 2022 and 2023 classes.

Czech Republic Updates:
- Updated lower-tier clubs -- thanks Matee!!
- Updated UFA players/staff -- thanks Matee!!
- Updated transfer windows for all leagues -- thanks Matee!!

Estonian Updates:
- Updated clubs, players and staff and added league structure for Coolbet Hokiliiga -- thanks Matee!!

Finnish Updates:
- Updated clubs in lower leagues -- thanks Matee!!

German Updates:
- Updated clubs in lower leagues -- thanks Matee!!

Great Britain Updates:
- Updated player/staff ratings, attributes and player types -- thanks ChaiTiefling!!

Italian Updates:
- Due to continued issues/instability we had to remove the league structure for Serie A and the Italian Hockey League (IHL)

Russian Updates:
- Updated all levels of Moscow Student Hockey League clubs and changed to Domestic College and added transfer rules -- thanks Matee!!
- Updated FA players/staff -- thanks Matee!!

Ukrainian Updates:

- Fixed issues with Ukrainian Hockey League structure -- thanks Matee!!

United States Updates:
- Lowered reputations of some C-level junior leagues

Aahlstroem

På Legenders Axlar
Dec 7, 2012
Göteborg
J4z0KDL.png
CgG75KV.png
1LiXPBF.png

And it's finally done. My actionpic facepack for the NHL has been updated for the 20/21 season. I haven't checked for errors etc yet and I want to add a few more draft prospects. So some minor updates are coming, but the big chunk of work is done. It can be found in the workshop.

Download my Swedish facepack as well for prospects playing in Sweden.

efiug

Aug 10, 2019
J4z0KDL.png
CgG75KV.png
1LiXPBF.png

And it's finally done. My actionpic facepack for the NHL has been updated for the 20/21 season. I haven't checked for errors etc yet and I want to add a few more draft prospects. So some minor updates are coming, but the big chunk of work is done. It can be found in the workshop.

Download my Swedish facepack as well for prospects playing in Sweden.

says they are marked as hidden or I don't have permission to view them.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
BK I would also like to know if this is coming into play!

Also, is the WHA2 concept still a thing? I remember testing it for you a long while back since it has Portugal and Brazil(?) involved.

Yes - I haven't changed the Sudamericana league so that will still be in there. Going to combine Aussie and NZ and then maybe do a small African league with South African and Kenyan teams? Maybe Tanzania? Not sure what other countries on the southern half of that continent would be able to have any kind of ice rink infrastructure. But then maybe a Southern Hemisphere Champions League with the winners of those leagues (yeah I know the South American league stretches into Mexico above the equator...but...it's all kind of a stretch anyways!)

I blew up the WHA and WHA2 for now but maybe the WHA2 can live on as a continental European league with a member in minnow nations with no other domestic league in the database. I've got a ways to go still...my mind is not made up lol.

Reactions: Treb
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad