OT: Eastside Hockey Manager: Early Access

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
He didn't do terribly actually. 7 points in 21 games and was a +7 in the 2015-16 season. He's been in STJ all 2016-17 so far.

vRFvKxJ.png

This is where I'm at right now. Morrissey has been super meh in the A, Kichton is okay. Kostalek is almost the best of my AHL d-men. :( Not very deep at all there.

I drafted Stephen Harper (not the PM) and he is looking really good but don't want to call him up yet.

How'd you get Schemitsch and Eichel? Those guys went #2 and #3 in the draft in my season.

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
I'm gonna post my questin again:

What country is Eric Comrie playing in your game guys? He is playing U20 for the United States in my game and I would really like to know if the AI is approaching him and he makes a decision or they just call him and Canada don't or maybe you have games in which he is actually playing for Canada U20?

Also, did Petan make the U20 Canada roster in year one? He did not in my game.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Decided to try doing a tour of Europe during pre-season. Went to Swizterland. Won 12-0, 9-2, and 4-0. Doesn't really evaluate players haha.

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
I'm gonna post my questin again:

What country is Eric Comrie playing in your game guys? He is playing U20 for the United States in my game and I would really like to know if the AI is approaching him and he makes a decision or they just call him and Canada don't or maybe you have games in which he is actually playing for Canada U20?

Also, did Petan make the U20 Canada roster in year one? He did not in my game.

Comrie played for the US in my game. Maybe it's as simple as being based on the players' birth place.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Anyone know why my 4th line isn't playing? THey have zero minutes after everygame and are grayed out.

Maurice decided to sit down and rethink his philosophy of having a crappy 4th line?:sarcasm:

What are your tactics? Specifically regarding your forward usage on team tactics? If you have overload or only 3/2 lines, your lower lines won't play.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Anyone know why my 4th line isn't playing? THey have zero minutes after everygame and are grayed out.

Happened to me too. As long as I had all 4 lines taking the same shift length ( 30 or 40 seconds, as long as it was the same for all ) then all 4 lines played. As soon as I set the shift length to 40 seconds for lines 1 - 2 - 3 and 30 seconds for the 4th line, I went an entire game without the 4th line playing.

I'll have to keep playing with this. I want the 4th line to play, just have shorter shifts. Could be a bug.? I also haven't figured out how to do something like: 1-2-3-1-2-3-4-1-2-3-1-2-3-4.

EpicGingy

Jul 30, 2012
Ontario
My Russian scout recommended some guy named Alexander Burmistrov as someone who could step in for this team right away.

EpicGingy

Jul 30, 2012
Ontario
How is your head coach with primadonnas?:naughty:

He's very intolerant of them.

Also, the Jets somehow have a bigger penalty problem in this game than in real life. 8 penalties in a row in 2 periods. And neither Hutch or Pavs can save anything.

Edit: And Myers gets suspended for a game :help:

umwoz

Feb 28, 2010
I've found Hutch develops very, very well in the second year.

My first year ended in the second round of the playoffs against Chicago. The only major roster change was moving Buff out and Muzzin in. Buff went on to win the cup with LA and was an absolute stud...

EpicGingy

Jul 30, 2012
Ontario
I've found Hutch develops very, very well in the second year.

My first year ended in the second round of the playoffs against Chicago. The only major roster change was moving Buff out and Muzzin in. Buff went on to win the cup with LA and was an absolute stud...

What was the full trade?

Nobody seems to want Byfuglien from me.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
I had just started again on 2007 like a week before this came out. Is it more difficult to trade in this one? I pretty much built my team through trading worse players for better players that were on the block and a draft pick. Ended up with the top 4 picks in the McDavid draft and 2 other 1st rounders, and probably about 15 picks overall and got gems throughout. Got McDavid, Eichel, Marner, Hanifin, Kylington and Konecny in the first round then traded Konecny when his value was still high but I realized he wasn't going to turn out, won the cup in my 3rd year and then won for the next 4 years and stopped. Through the 7 years I had a top 2 pick every year without sacrificing much.

I think the main issue was how easy it was to get insane value through the draft. I would always start the game by firing most of my scouting staff and hiring scouts that had 20 Judging player potential and 20 judging player ability (I think?) and then having 4 of them on the Entry draft all year. I would get 5* value prospects through to the 7th round and then be able to trade them for 1st round picks or high value players to build my team. It was just way too easy to built a completely sustainable juggernaught. Too close to the cap? Fine I'll trade my highest earning player for picks and replace him with one of my dozen prospects who are as good as him and still on their ELC. Then I'll use the picks I got from that player to ensure I have good enough prospects by the time I get near the cap again.

Last edited:

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
I had just started again on 2007 like a week before this came out. Is it more difficult to trade in this one? I pretty much built my team through trading worse players for better players that were on the block and a draft pick. Ended up with the top 4 picks in the McDavid draft and 2 other 1st rounders, and probably about 15 picks overall and got gems throughout. Got McDavid, Eichel, Marner, Hanifin, Kylington and Konecny in the first round then traded Konecny when his value was still high but I realized he wasn't going to turn out, won the cup in my 3rd year and then won for the next 4 years and stopped. Through the 7 years I had a top 2 pick every year without sacrificing much.

I think the main issue was how easy it was to get insane value through the draft. I would always start the game by firing most of my scouting staff and hiring scouts that had 20 Judging player potential and 20 judging player ability (I think?) and then having 4 of them on the Entry draft all year. I would get 5* value prospects through to the 7th round and then be able to trade them for 1st round picks or high value players to build my team. It was just way too easy to built a completely sustainable juggernaught. Too close to the cap? Fine I'll trade my highest earning player for picks and replace him with one of my dozen prospects who are as good as him and still on their ELC. Then I'll use the picks I got from that player to ensure I have good enough prospects by the time I get near the cap again.

Still extremely easy to exploit the game by doing that. I have an above average team in my second season, an average AHL team that is being led by my great prospects (Morrissey is PPG Hammer!;)) and just a ridiculous amount of great prospects in juniors and NCAA. And this is after a season and a half.

EpicGingy

Jul 30, 2012
Ontario
So the team is well on its way to McDavid and I can't trade Byfuglien to save my life.

I genuinely don't understand why the team is doing so bad, though.

EpicGingy

Jul 30, 2012
Ontario
How are your defensive tactics? And how are your goalies doing?

I have the Jets playing zone defense, and in they're supposed to set up positionally rather than colllapse or be too wide open.

Pavelec and Hutch are both supporting .880 SV%.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad