Friedman: "Eastern Conf. Exec" Betting on Crouse to TBL

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Man, would love Crouse on the Preds.

I would be offering Kunin + for Crouse. What is the + here, Yotes fans?

Look Up

Don't be a scan tool
Oct 3, 2013
If the Lightning keep trading away high picks, they are setting themselves up for years of suckage once the core gets older or key players get injured.

Savard, Goodrow, Coleman all came at significant costs, and none are with the team any longer.

Crouse as a ufa at the end of the year for a 1st is lunacy.

Horton Hears A Woo

Sep 20, 2011
Connecticut
If the Lightning keep trading away high picks, they are setting themselves up for years of suckage once the core gets older or key players get injured.

Savard, Goodrow, Coleman all came at significant costs, and none are with the team any longer.

I’m sure they don’t care with winning back to back cups

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO

He's not an UFA, he's an RFA who is going to have a palatable cap hit on his next deal.

If the Lightning keep making smart additions like Crouse, keep not worrying about what the #31 pick could turn into 5 years from now, keep developing lower picks into servicable role players in Syracuse and keep adding to a ridiculous core that is hardly aging out anytime soon - they are going to keep adding to their Cup collection.

In 5 years they may have to start over. Who cares. Crouse would be a huge help now and for the forseable future for a team like Tampa.

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada

You guys had Goodrow and Coleman for 2 years at for like $2M combined though. That is where most of their value came from. And it's not like Goodrow was worth the 1st straight up, the Sharks had to pair a 3rd with him.

I also don't think Crouse should be valued as highly. His contract is expiring, and if he is as valuable as Arizona fans claim, he should get a small but reasonable raise.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010

#1 Crouse is an RFA.

#2 who cares? they won they are 1 cup away from a Dyansty

Bevans

Apr 15, 2016
Tampa makes perfect sense. They're willing to pay to maximize their third line.

Can easily command similar return to Coleman. Younger with more control so maybe more.

Bevans

Apr 15, 2016
Well they’re not going to get the same value per dollar from Crouse for multiple years like they did with Coleman and Goodrow

Regardless of Whether Tampa gets the rest of his RFA years, they would still control them.

He can be traded in the summer. An expiring RFA contract is as (if not more) valuable as a contract with one more year that goes straight to UFA.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
No, but he was a playoff overtime hero by his 3rd year and helped his team win a Stanley Cup.

I’m not saying Crouse is a John Leclair equivalent, I’m just wondering out loud if you could take an offensive under performer with maybe untapped abilities alongside a franchise center and spark something up.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002

I think if you “look up” you’ll notice two Stanley Cup banners with the Lightning logo and the pursuit of a third is why Tampa could make a move like this. Draft picks don’t decorate the home rink the same way.

Reactions: BeltCollector

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
Its not rocket science to know what this is about.

washington-capitals-right-wing-tom-wilson-punches-tampa-bay-lightning-picture-id1130866816

who is that? asking for a friend.

my friend is the playoffs.

Reactions: BeltCollector

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad