Friedman: "Eastern Conf. Exec" Betting on Crouse to TBL

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
On 32 Thoughts, Elliotte Friedman said an Exec from an Eastern Conference NHL team that could "face Tampa in the playoffs" offered to bet Friedman that Lawson Crouse would end up playing for the Tampa Bay Lightning this season.

Crouse is not a household name, but we LOVE him in Arizona. He's a 24 year old, former 11th overall pick of the Florida Panthers.

-In his last 82 NHL games he's had 13g 17a 30pts 242‬ hits and 5 fighting majors.

-In THIS season his per 82 game pace is 23g, 21a, 44pts, 223 hits, and 4 fighting majors.

Other Notes:
- He's 6'4 225lbs and skates very well. He's seen as a leader, and a protector (his nickname is "The Sheriff"). He plays a power game, and really utilizes his size physically.

- He's a responsible three-zone player and plays regularly on the the PK (he's first among ALL Coyotes forwards in short-handed minutes played - 4th in PP mins), and is deployed in all-three zones.

- He's got the 2nd best +/- of any Coyotes forward with at least 20gp and at least 10min/gp.

rt

May 13, 2004
Before the low-ball offers, don't just look up stats. He is a complete, big bodied 2-way player. I hate rebuilds. I love Crouse, loved Dvorak, and absolutely can't fathom trading Chych.
I tried to get ahead of that a bit. We'll see who reads. Probably there is very little crossover between those who have the dumbest hot takes and those who read things. So I imagine I've done nothing to help lessen the inevitable brigade of window licking booger eaters headed our way.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
I think he'd return something like 1st + Raddysh/Katchouk/Joseph for Crouse + 3rd/4th.

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
I wouldn't mind seeing Crouse in Tampa. He's suffered here since 2017.

I don't see Tampa offering up their 2022 first, since they're already without a 2nd, 3rd, and 4th this year. As far as prospects/young players go, maybe Taylor Raddysh or Joseph?

mriswith

Oct 12, 2011
Are these players all asking to leave Arizona? Because if not and thus 23 year old Chychrun and 24 year old Crouse are too old for the orgs rebuilding plans... Idk man. Even a scorched earth rebuild needs some talent to shelter and develop the next gen.

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil

I don't see Tampa offering up their 2022 first, since they're already without a 2nd, 3rd, and 4th this year. As far as prospects/young players go, maybe Taylor Raddysh or Joseph?
The Yote could always offer up a 3rd like the Sharks did when they got a 1st for Goodrow.

rt

May 13, 2004
My #1 target from Tampa would be Jack Thompson. Him and one other piece. Maybe Katchouk? Tampa essentially upgrades directly from Katchouk to Crouse, and loses Thompson in the process. AZ picks up a D prospect, to maybe help them be more flexible when processing Chychrun proposals, and they get a direct replacement for Crouse on the roster, albeit a downgrade.

Reactions: Weast

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
He's not getting top 6 on Tampa, so I don't know if they're going to be able to part with what Arizona may want. Of course, if it's just picks, Tampa seems to have no problem tossing those out.

rt

May 13, 2004
Are these players all asking to leave Arizona? Because if not and thus 23 year old Chychrun and 24 year old Crouse are too old for the orgs rebuilding plans... Idk man. Even a scorched earth rebuild needs some talent to shelter and develop the next gen.
I could not agree more. I'm right there with you. As a Coyotes fan, I hate this. Chychrun and Crouse are both really good players, and are seen as great leaders. I think they're the perfect age, and perfect type of player to help ease the transition of of the new prospects into the line-up. Obviously Coyotes brass sees it differently.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
It’s gonna be hilarious to see their lineup if they do move Chychrun, Kessel, Crouse. Like how do Keller and Schmaltz not demand trades too then?

I like what Armstrong’s doing but it’ll be interesting to see this play out long-term. It’s more fascinating than whatever the hell Chayka was doing.

rt

May 13, 2004
It’s gonna be hilarious to see their lineup if they do move Chychrun, Kessel, Crouse. Like how do Keller and Schmaltz not demand trades too then?

I like what Armstrong’s doing but it’ll be interesting to see this play out long-term. It’s more fascinating than whatever the hell Chayka was doing.
I'm sure they'd be happy to trade Schmaltz. It sounds like Chychrun is definitely getting traded. And Kessel will obviously get dealt, too. Not sure on Crouse.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013

I don't think the 1st will be off the table from either side of the negotiation, really. Maybe we try to swing some mid-round picks back in our direction.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
I'm sure they'd be happy to trade Schmaltz. It sounds like Chychrun is definitely getting traded. And Kessel will obviously get dealt, too. Not sure on Crouse.
This is like the blow it up rebuild every HFfan asks for, the key will be landing a franchise changing talent or 2 via the draft.

Reactions: Fisticuffer

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010

I wouldn't give up a 1st for him, I don't think he's worth that but I could see Tampa doing it

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
My #1 target from Tampa would be Jack Thompson. Him and one other piece. Maybe Katchouk? Tampa essentially upgrades directly from Katchouk to Crouse, and loses Thompson in the process. AZ picks up a D prospect, to maybe help them be more flexible when processing Chychrun proposals, and they get a direct replacement for Crouse on the roster, albeit a downgrade.

Feel like Tampa would do that in a heartbeat, I don't think that's enough value going back to Arizona unless they really like Thompson or Crouse is demanding out.

rt

May 13, 2004
Feel like Tampa would do that in a heartbeat, I don't think that's enough value going back to Arizona unless they really like Thompson or Crouse is demanding out.
Add a pick? Thompson, Katchouk and a 3rd that becomes a 2nd if they win the cup or something?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad