East vs West Midseason Update

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I wonder if all of the "West is the bestest ever in the whole wide world" people with their inferiority complex who last year said that the west having a good record early against the east was proof of its superiority will now say it's even because it's pretty even. Or does that only work when it fits your narrative?

potsos

Jan 25, 2014
Freeport, Antonica
Cool. If the East had the better record I'd still maintain the best teams are in the West. But it's probably less of a gap than most people think.

Paradoc

John Tavares is a Leaf!
Mar 13, 2013
Toronto
Eh, we're still talking about the regular season and it's very close. I'm just saying that if the East had a slight advantage, I wouldn't read too much into--nor vice versa, honestly.

Then you weren't here last year when western conference fans were like "look at West vs East record to see how superior we are", and using that to put down Eastern Conference teams.

This year it's much closer then people think it is. Tampa, Detroit, Montreal, Pittsburgh, NYR, NYI, Washington, and Florida are playing very well this year compared to last year.

It's certainly isn't one sided like the NBA's East vs West, where the West is far superior.

Last edited:

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
It's sorta like Edmonton going 3-2 vs Chicago and saying "I still think Chicago is better."

No, more like Edmonton going 108-90-22 vs Chicago and still saying Chicago is better.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
This year I think it's much closer then people think it is. Tampa, Detroit, Montreal, Pittsburgh, NYR, NYI, Washington, and Florida are playing very well this year compared to last year.

Not to mention NSH and ANA leading the west with less than stacked rosters.

seancolorado

Oct 8, 2011
Not sure about West v East, but just a general opinion I'd rather have to deal with being with the teams in the Atlantic and Metro than the Central and Pacific. Especially the Central. Top to bottom every game is a bloodbath. Can't say the same everywhere else

Canadian Wampa

Feb 1, 2012
The two conferences are pretty even now actually, however I'd definitely say that the Central and Atlantic divisions are tougher than the Pacific and Metro.

blinds

Jan 5, 2012
I hope this puts to bed the whole "western conference is so much better, western players have it so hard" spiel.

HOLDITHERE*

Using an all-time record to validate that Chicago is better now? Apples to oranges, dude.

Lmao.

And West fans, I'm eagerly awaiting your inferiority complex-driven responses.

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
Can't wait to be generalized because I'm a fan of a WC team!

Oh wait, that has happened in this thread already.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I hope this puts to bed the whole "western conference is so much better, western players have it so hard" spiel.

Even before last season when it was relatively even, a bunch of posters would still talk about the big tough west and the pansy east. I think most Western fans don't get much exposure on TV or in the media (outside of Chicago) so they say things things like that to make themselves feel better.

hockey4sale

Oct 19, 2014
It's sorta like Edmonton going 3-2 vs Chicago and saying "I still think Chicago is better."

except 3-2 is sample size of just 5 games and 2 teams, but when you have a sample size of several hundreds of games can you still call it a fluke?

Pizza the Hutt

Game 6 Truther
Mar 22, 2012
That record fails to reflect that the West is playing against the West more than the East, which is a way tougher schedule than the East has.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad